Canada abandons free-trade talks with China in shift for Trudeau government...Thank You President Trump

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
A reminder to people why I support Trumps policies as a whole. Make no mistake, THAT is the primary reason Canada wasn't the first G7 nation to enter into a trade deal with these communists. Wuhan Virus absolutely decimated these ambitions as well. The vast majority of Canadians do NOT want closer relations or trade with China.

Thank you President Trump. Stay the course. You have no idea how important your confrontation of China, and demands of others to do the same means for the survival of Western democracy and Values.

Too bad the British were slow as well to understand the reality. I'm sure they didn't expect China to do what they did to HK. Failures, all around, as some appease the abusers.

Canada abandons free trade talks with China: minister

Canada has walked away from free trade talks with China amid soured relations over a Huawei executive's arrest and the detention of two Canadians in apparent retaliation, foreign minister Francois-Philippe Champagne said in a newspaper interview Friday.

Talks had stalled more than a year ago.

The decision to quit negotiations aimed at Canada becoming the first G7 nation to sign a free trade pact with the world's second largest economy marks a major policy reversal for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government, which had pursued a deal since coming to power.

"I don't see the conditions being present now for these discussions to continue at this time," Champagne said in an interview with the Globe and Mail daily.

Forum List

Back