Can you be smarter than even "God"?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • God is not real, so it's N/A.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
To your original point I believe I have proved that you cannot be as smart as God let alone smarter.
WHICH GOD!? :bye1: List of 5000 gods: God List - Partial (5000 gods) public.pdf
I believe I have already introduced you to the Nameless Philosophy God.

Do you struggle with reading comprehension ??
Hehe, 5001 gods now. If you can provide a court-room level of evidence that your particular god is real then Scientific Humanists just might adopt your particular god into the belief system. It would be great to see said evidence, as we are always trying to learn, and don't claim to know everything.

"Nameless" seems like an attempt to not be specific, because there is no evidence for that god? Not to sound cynical - just wondering, though.

Love gays.

To your original point I believe I have proved that you cannot be as smart as God let alone smarter.

You passed on this question....I was hoping to get your philosophical wisdom on this question: "Would you have said "write this down....." before many talks you gave to your disciples, my friend?"

No pressure, but I do value your feedback.

For those of you that vote "No" to the poll herein, could I suggest that you inform us as to WHY you (obviously) don't agree with the 4 specific points in the OP.

Thanks!

PS this forum is awesome.

Yes, you can - "god" in the Bible and Islamic texts says to kill gays, which isn't so smart - in fact it's downright immoral, hurtful, and shameful! Clearly if you choose to follow the Scientific Humanist belief of "love gays, as equals", then you are indeed smarter than "god" if "smarter" means doing what's best for the world, what's legal, what's simply morally correct. Gays have not harmed you, so it's smart to not give our children a book that says to kill them just for being who they are.

"Love gays as equals"....we believe that. Now THAT'S a loving belief system! I hope that Christians can raise their level of love to this new higher level - I believe in them.
So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

Anything that is a pain in the azz means you are doing it all wrong.

:D
Can we agree that Scientific Humanism is better for gays than the Bible/Qur'an are, my friend?
(Well-intended books, most likely, but since gays don't hurt people, just by being gay, of course, isn't it time to move to a higher level of compassion and love?)

Yes, you can - "god" in the Bible and Islamic texts says to kill gays, which isn't so smart - in fact it's downright immoral, hurtful, and shameful! Clearly if you choose to follow the Scientific Humanist belief of "love gays, as equals", then you are indeed smarter than "god" if "smarter" means doing what's best for the world, what's legal, what's simply morally correct. Gays have not harmed you, so it's smart to not give our children a book that says to kill them just for being who they are.

"Love gays as equals"....we believe that. Now THAT'S a loving belief system! I hope that Christians can raise their level of love to this new higher level - I believe in them.
So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

Can we agree that Scientific Humanism is better for gays than the Bible/Qur'an are, my friend?
(Well-intended books, most likely, but since gays don't hurt people, just by being gay, of course, isn't it time to move to a higher level of compassion and love?)
If you are going to be queer then it is best to stay in the closet.

Harvey Milk was an exhibitionist moron.

He hurt all the gays and lesbos with his coming out bullsh!t.

You passed on this question....I was hoping to get your philosophical wisdom on this question: "Would you have said "write this down....." before many talks you gave to your disciples, my friend?"

The best way to free yourself from brainwashing is to study Philosophy.

The study of Philosophy always begins with a historical survey which starts with Thales in ancient Greece (although Hesiod had some philosophy of his own by then already -- moderation) and ends with the modern British Empiricists.

I recommend Bertrand Russell's "History Of Western Philosophy".

Russell is a British Empiricist who was poisoned by his own bad experiences with propaganda, war, and jail time during WW1.

So you should be able to work around his atheism.

He falls into the category of atheists who have had a harrowing experience and have blamed God.

So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

Again, I'm not LGBT, but I believe the Scientific Humanist belief of basically loving gays - one great benefit to this belief system is that INCREDIBLE numbers of LGBT are committing suicide!
1 in 3 LGB High Schoolers Tried to Kill Themselves in 2015 1 in 3 LGB High Schoolers Tried to Kill Themselves in 2015

We need to go in this direction so that we can save these innocent people. Jesus is not telling them that the Bible got it wrong about gays, so somebody has to. Let's increase our level of love to be so high that we can't give our children a book that says to kill gays (Bible, Islamic texts, Hindu texts, etc.)
Love them ENOUGH to do that - we can do this!

So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

I have faith in you - I believe there is more love in your heart than you are letting on....if your, say child, turns out to be gay in 20 years, I bet you'd still love them.....just keep that same love in your heart when you see an LGBT that is not your child. I know you can.

Have a great night.

Peace

The best way to free yourself from brainwashing is to study Philosophy.

The study of Philosophy always begins with a historical survey which starts with Thales in ancient Greece (although Hesiod had some philosophy of his own by then already -- moderation) and ends with the modern British Empiricists.

I recommend Bertrand Russell's "History Of Western Philosophy".
You passed on that question again - if you answer people's questions then they will engage with you (and learn from you, too), more often.

Love everybody.

Russell is a British Empiricist who was poisoned by his own bad experiences with propaganda, war, and jail time during WW1.

He falls into the category of atheists who have had a harrowing experience and have blamed God.

Which of god?

I have read a little bit of Russell, I liked what I read. He is a hero of Richard Dawkins (Dawkins is smart, but not as loving as Scientific Humanists, ideally.)

So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

SH teaches that LGBT would be better if they COME OUT - that's best for them (well, long-term, maybe not short-term), and of course best for society. The more LGBT people know, the more they'll discover what SH teaches: that LGBT are loving, caring human beings, who are great spouses and great parents and great employees, etc.

I think you feel that I myself am LGBT because you think that people are quite selfish, that people would only champion the rights of a certain group if they are in that group. But as a Scientific Humanist I "love everybody, equally", so I love LGBT as much as us straight people, and like non-blacks who championed black rights in the 1950's, I love them so much that I can't NOT help them.

I KNOW you have that love in your heart to love LGBT, too - especially once you get to know more of them. You can do this!

Peace. Freedom. Science.

When did this place turn into such a hate christian forum ?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Not sure. It was already that way when I got here. Not to worry, these things have a way of working themselves out. Error cannot stand, eventually it fails.

So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

I'm honestly not gay, but Scientific Humanism teaches no hatred (unlike the Bible), so we didn't bring forward anti-gay wording like the Bible (and Hindu texts, and Islamic texts, and Zoroastorian texts, etc.) has. We love too much to do that, and would love those other belief systems to join us in a revolution of love - loving LGBT, ditching ancient hatreds. We have faith in their innate goodness.

LGBT are wonderful people, make great parents, etc., and have contributed greatly to the world...here's a gigantic list of famous LGBT people: List of gay, lesbian or bisexual people - Wikipedia

Replace hatred for gays with love for gays - that's the Scientific Humanist way.

Peace.

buzz-aids-riddled-faggots-aids-riddled-faggots-everywhere.jpg

So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

I'm honestly not gay, but Scientific Humanism teaches no hatred (unlike the Bible), so we didn't bring forward anti-gay wording like the Bible (and Hindu texts, and Islamic texts, and Zoroastorian texts, etc.) has. We love too much to do that, and would love those other belief systems to join us in a revolution of love - loving LGBT, ditching ancient hatreds. We have faith in their innate goodness.

LGBT are wonderful people, make great parents, etc., and have contributed greatly to the world...here's a gigantic list of famous LGBT people: List of gay, lesbian or bisexual people - Wikipedia

Replace hatred for gays with love for gays - that's the Scientific Humanist way.

Peace.

Can we agree that Scientific Humanism's belief of "treat gays equally" is better for the world and more loving that the Bible/Qur'an's belief of killing gays and not letting gays into "heaven", and torturing them in "hell" (all for the way "god" made them)?

Let's err on the side of....love.

So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

Peace.

Can we agree that Scientific Humanism's belief of "treat gays equally" is better for the world and more loving that the Bible/Qur'an's belief of killing gays and not letting gays into "heaven", and torturing them in "hell" (all for the way "god" made them)?

Let's err on the side of your arrogance greatly outweighs your intelligence. :)

When did this place turn into such a hate christian forum ?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Not sure. It was already that way when I got here. Not to worry, these things have a way of working themselves out. Error cannot stand, eventually it fails.
Correct! Yes, the error of the earth being 6000 years old (the Biblical geneologies add up to about 6000 years) "cannot stand, eventually it fails" is being corrected by The Book Of Scientific Humanism as this excerpt clearly shows

With these 6 words are you smarter than any prophet?

One reason we're only 70-80% Muslim, and 70-80% Buddhist, etc., and not 100%, is because even though we love many things they say, we assume that if the prophets knew big things like where we go when we die they'd also know how old their god's favorite creation was (earth)! They would have been the first to tell the world how old the earth actually - instead, scientists were the first to correctly inform us of that. The Biblical geneologies imply the world is 6000 years old, for example, so they are off by 75,000,000%. In your life you're never been off about anything by 75,000,000% - so you're doing better than the Biblical prophets. The Hindu texts say the earth sits on the back of elephants on top of a giant space turtle - so like the Bible, they are less credible than Scientific Humanism. Six simple words - "earth is 4.5 billion years old" - is all that would have had to have been said to give any religion instant credibility - centuries ahead of it's time, and so convincing that millions of non-believers over the years would then been more likely to have believed in the religion, and therefore avoided the brutal torture that is meted out to non-believers.

A loving god would of course do that, and you as a Scientific Humanist would of course have done that - because you "love everybody, equally", as the Book of Scientific Humanism states.

Six simple words. Not ONE prophet ever correctly knew the age of their god's favorite creation - but you do, so when you tell your children the "earth is 4.5 billion years old", you're smarter than all the prophets. Every. Single. One. As a Scientific Humanist you'll believe in yourself that much.
Center for Scientific Humanism: Search results for 6000

So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

Peace.

Let's err on the side of your arrogance greatly outweighs your intelligence. :)
Gays have not harmed you, my friend! Just because the Bible teaches hatred towards innocent people does not mean that one needs to jettison the entire Bible, no, but it does mean that it's best for the world to create new belief systems that bring forward the good parts ("love your neighbor"), but not the bad parts (kill gays and gays are not worthy of heaven, etc..)

I know there is more love in your heart....the Bible just stole it from you....you are better than that - I have faith...in YOU.

Forum List

Back