Can you be smarter than even "God"?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • God is not real, so it's N/A.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
I'm agnostic, and it's getting harder to hang on to even that, so I doubt if anyone could be smarter than what I think God is.----- that is, if he is rea------l. It's pretty easy to be smarter than the bible thumping idiots who claim they have no doubt that he exists. The goofy crap they come up with to justify their hateful behavior is just amazing.
Faith is a puzzling concept to those driven by ego

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
I can think of a person driven by ego, he allegedly said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." In other words it's all about HIM - HE matters, and nothing else. Me, me, me!....is basically what he's saying? No, I'm not talking about Trump.
Jesus is God so is that ego of his or yours thinking you are above him?

In the OP there are 4 (of many) ways that you can be above "god", so I think that YOU can be, yes.
I am not ego driven or a selfish child to think I know the mind of God

"Know the mind of god" is NOT the point in the OP, I'm afraid. It's that you can be even more ethical (i.e. better) than even "god". For example, in point #3 in the OP, YOU likely would be better than god if you would not pick someone (god picked Jesus) who taught people to abandon their own children, and to hate their own children. I believe in you - I'm thinking that you love children so much that you would not teach to abandon them nor hate them like Jesus did - correct?

3. As a Scientific Humanist, you are so caring that you believe that you need to take care of our most vulnerable family members, first! You would have picked someone who believes in our cherished principle of “put children first”. One thing Scientific Humanism holds “sacred” is our children. We teach to “love your children so much that you could never abandon them.” You also believe in our principle of “avoid extremism”. So you would have moved beyond picking someone even as great as Jesus (Jesus wanted his followers to abandon their own children, and to hate their own children.)

Enjoy the rest of this great weekend.

In Philosophy, God is the First Cause and the Prime Mover and the Artistic Artificer.

You would need to know how to create a Universe, 100 to 200 billion galaxies, several sextillion stars, several dozen sextillion planets, plant life, animal life, protist life, and work within all physical laws, to be as smart as God.

Do you still think you might be ??
God didn't create that, my friend. There is no evidence that a particular unique "god" created that - not Yahweh, not Allah, not Zeus, not Wotan, not Ra, etc., etc.
In Philosophy we call God "the Philosophy God".

He/She/It is Nameless.

The 5 proofs of God by Aquinas demonstrate that God must exist.

Otherwise you run into all sorts of philosophical contradictions that cannot be maintained.

In Philosophy, God is the First Cause and the Prime Mover and the Artistic Artificer.

You would need to know how to create a Universe, 100 to 200 billion galaxies, several sextillion stars, several dozen sextillion planets, plant life, animal life, protist life, and work within all physical laws, to be as smart as God.

The OP just says smarter than "god" on a few select, albeit important, topics. And it would appear that on those topics that the answer is a resounding "yes" - per the OP.
Well I gave sufficient evidence that it is impossible to be even as smart as God let alone smarter.

If you think you are then you have a blindness as vast as the Universe.

Or even a sickness such as Lucifer (his Latin name given to him by St. Gerome) has/had.

This sickness is called insanity.

That's like asking if I can be smarter than Santa Claus. it's a senseless question.
I suspect that you are just about as smart and clever as Lucifer (his Latin name given to him by St. Gerome) mamooth .

....QUOTE]
That's like asking if I can be smarter than Santa Claus. it's a senseless question.
To 80% of Americans (they believe in some god) it's not a stupid question.
I suspect that about 90% of the world believes in some kind of God.

Only about 10% does not. That's about the same percentage that is gay/lesbo.

Evil deeds lead to evil conclusions.

I bet you are indeed smarter than "god" on this issue, from point #1....don't you think that you are?
"So instead of killing virtually all humans in the Biblical god’s alleged world-wide flood, which also killed almost all innocent animals, too, would you be smart enough to forgive them, instead?"
The flood is a story copied by Moses from the Gilgamesh epic.

I would not take it so seriously if I were you.

Moses was just trying to scare the Israelites.
I appreciate that feedback.
The "flood" is not real, is not scientifically-correct, and since Scientific Humanists love our children so much we can't be hypocrites to them - "here's a book that's scientifically INcorrect, and it's from the most knowledgeable entity in the history of the universe (god), but we'll punish you if you don't do well in science class!"
The "flood", and all unscientific stuff was NOT brought forward in the Book Of Scientific Humanism, because we are a scientifically-correct belief system. Do you and your family deserve a scientifically correct belief system, yiostheoy? I believe that they do, because I care about them.

I bet you are indeed smarter than "god" on this issue, from point #1....don't you think that you are?
"So instead of killing virtually all humans in the Biblical god’s alleged world-wide flood, which also killed almost all innocent animals, too, would you be smart enough to forgive them, instead?"
The flood is a story copied by Moses from the Gilgamesh epic.

I would not take it so seriously if I were you.

Moses was just trying to scare the Israelites.
I appreciate that feedback.
The "flood" is not real, is not scientifically-correct, and since Scientific Humanists love our children so much we can't be hypocrites to them - "here's a book that's scientifically INcorrect, and it's from the most knowledgeable entity in the history of the universe (god), but we'll punish you if you don't do well in science class!"
The "flood", and all unscientific stuff was NOT brought forward in the Book Of Scientific Humanism, because we are a scientifically-correct belief system. Do you and your family deserve a scientifically correct belief system, yiostheoy? I believe that they do, because I care about them.
My sister is a very devout Theist. I try to warn her about brainwashing.

Her kids are nonreligious. They don't care either way. They are not formally Theist, Deist, Agnostic nor Atheist. I have given them some Philosophy books to read but they won't bite on that either. They just don't think much at all.

Theist and Atheist are belief systems.

Deist is a Philosophy.

Agnostic is a Science.

I suspect that you are just about as smart and clever as Lucifer (his Latin name given to him by St. Gerome) mamooth .

....QUOTE]

There are 5000 gods at least, so we don't know which one to bring forward in our belief system, of course (since none have a more court-room level of evidence than the others do), so Scientific Humanism didn't bring forward any god until one of those gods cares for our families enough to provide a court-room level of evidence that he's the one true god. We'd love there to be a "god" - we just can't risk ticking off the real one (if any) by picking the wrong one, and we only have 1 in 5000 chance of picking the right god, of course.

List of 5000 gods: God List - Partial (5000 gods) public.pdf

....QUOTE]

There are 5000 gods at least, so we don't know which one to bring forward in our belief system, of course (since none have a more court-room level of evidence than the others do), so it Scientific Humanism didn't bring forward any god until one of those gods cares for our families enough to provide a court-room level of evidence that he's the one true god.

This is a problem, yes.

I normally suggest to people to start with Aquinas and Philosophy.

That would then help them decide if the next step is even worthwhile.

If the next step is worthwhile then decide from one's local community which church/temple/mosque to join by visiting several and getting to know the people.

The main benefit of religion is community. You are really choosing a community.

The whole "which God is true" is mostly B/S.

The OP just says smarter than "god" on a few select, albeit important, topics. And it would appear that on those topics that the answer is a resounding "yes" - per the OP.
Well I gave sufficient evidence that it is impossible to be even as smart as God let alone smarter.

If you think you are then you have a blindness as vast as the Universe.

Or even a sickness such as Lucifer (his Latin name given to him by St. Gerome) has/had.

This sickness is called insanity.
Scientific Humanism does not say that its followers are all "smarter than god", but rather in many particular ways can indeed be "smarter than god", and you can too.
In #4 in the OP it points out that YOU can be smarter than "god" if you can honestly say that you'd provide at least 30 witnesses when you give "god's" all-important decrees - such as the 10 Commandments - instead of just to one prophet alone (such as Moses)....or the angel Gabriel giving god's word to Mohammad alone in a cave, etc. Makes sense, no. Which would you do, yiostheoy? See, I think you're smarter than god, because you'd create a more credible belief system by giving said message to more than one person at one time, correct?

4. If you were god giving his favorite “prophets” the most important messages of all time, then thinking like a Scientific Humanist, would do that with at least 30 witnesses, and not just to the prophet all my himself, alone? Doing so would of course keep fewer people out of the “hell” you created because 30 witnesses is far more credible and believable than just to one self-serving person. As a Scientific Humanist you are driven by your love of humanity (one reason that “humanity” is in the name!) Those 30 would remember what you told them more than just one single person would, too, of course.Most people don’t believe that a particular god’s prophet is actually telling the truth, since no religion has over 29% of the world’s population as followers. When talking to Moses via the “burning bush”, or to Joseph Smith, Jr. (Mormon founder), would you have done that with 30 witnesses, so that your message was believed by far more people? People could think that one person could just be drunk, or high, or delusional, or lying about the encounter – but 30 people would be far more believable. Instead of the prophet saying “god talked to me”, the groups would say “god talked to us” – this helps people to more easily believe a prophet’s self-serving/unscientific unique claim of being the greatest human ever favored by god. If you would do this, then more people would follow your word, so fewer would need to be tortured in the “after-life”. As a loving Scientific Humanist you strive for win/win situations like this!

To your original point I believe I have proved that you cannot be as smart as God let alone smarter.

....QUOTE]

There are 5000 gods at least, so we don't know which one to bring forward in our belief system, of course (since none have a more court-room level of evidence than the others do), so it Scientific Humanism didn't bring forward any god until one of those gods cares for our families enough to provide a court-room level of evidence that he's the one true god.

This is a problem, yes.

If the next step is worthwhile then decide from one's local community which church/temple/mosque to join by visiting several and getting to know the people.

Then you agree that Scientific Humanism, which has not chosen a "god" (we can't, we need a court-room level of evidence, of course), is on that issue better than Christianity/Islam because they HAVE certainly chosen a particular unique "god" (Yahweh/Jesus, or Allah), right?

PS I admire your knowledge of philosophy (and religion).

....QUOTE]

This is a problem, yes.

Then you agree that Scientific Humanism, which has not chosen a "god" (we can't, we need a court-room level of evidence, of course), is on that issue better than Christianity/Islam because they HAVE certainly chosen a particular unique "god" (Yahweh/Jesus, or Allah), right?

I don't agree with anything you have said in the thread.

Do you agree that you cannot be as smart or smarter than God ??

To your original point I believe I have proved that you cannot be as smart as God let alone smarter.
Yes, you can - "god" in the Bible and Islamic texts says to kill gays, which isn't so smart - in fact it's downright immoral, hurtful, and shameful! Clearly if you choose to follow the Scientific Humanist belief of "love gays, as equals", then you are indeed smarter than "god" if "smarter" means doing what's best for the world, what's legal, what's simply morally correct. Gays have not harmed you, so it's smart to not give our children a book that says to kill them just for being who they are.

"Love gays as equals"....we believe that. Now THAT'S a loving belief system! I hope that Christians can raise their level of love to this new higher level - I believe in them.

This is a problem, yes.

I don't agree with anything you have said in the thread.

Do you agree that you cannot be as smart or smarter than God ??
No, because here's yet another way that you can be smarter than god: would you have said "write this down" before many talks you gave, giving people allegedly the best message of all time, if you were in god/Jesus' shoes, hypothetically? Scientific Humanists would, because our belief system teaches to "do what's best for the world" - and if one believes that they possess the most important message of all time, then they would NOT want it passed down VERBALLY, like the Bible was, for 40 to 80 years after Jesus' death! By saying those 3 simple words, "write this down...." before many of his talks, his message would not be nearly as lost, nor as embellished, nor as corrupted, nor as misquoted, nor as lost in translation from one person just passing it along VERBALLY to another person, could be dozens of people, over 40 to 80 years, clearly.

Would you have said "write this down....." before many talks you gave to your disciples, my friend? If so, they you are smarter than god/Jesus. We didn't bring forward in our belief system "you are a sinner!", because for one thing that gives people low self-esteem - I know we can raise your self-esteem, too.

Peace.

Yes, you can - "god" in the Bible and Islamic texts says to kill gays, which isn't so smart - in fact it's downright immoral, hurtful, and shameful! Clearly if you choose to follow the Scientific Humanist belief of "love gays, as equals", then you are indeed smarter than "god" if "smarter" means doing what's best for the world, what's legal, what's simply morally correct. Gays have not harmed you, so it's smart to not give our children a book that says to kill them just for being who they are.

"Love gays as equals"....we believe that. Now THAT'S a loving belief system! I hope that Christians can raise their level of love to this new higher level - I believe in them.
So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

Anything that is a pain in the azz means you are doing it all wrong.

:D

You've clicked on the "funny" icon on 9 of my posts, yes 9, on this thread, so I do get it that you don't agree with what I've written. I appreciate that feedback. Could I request that you give more substantive responses that just laughing at my posts, that would be better for the forum, of course. For example, where specifically is the OP wrong where it shows 4 ways to be better than even "god", my friend? It shows how to be better than god but you can't seem to refute it, specifically - and I know you are a smart person, so I'd love to hear your feedback. Scientific Humanism is the most growing/changing belief system ever, so they do improve when they are shown a better way, or shown to be wrong (unlike Christians/Bible/Muslims/Qur'an/Buddhists, etc.)

So you're gay then?

That's not very smart.

Anything that is a pain in the azz means you are doing it all wrong.

:D
I'm honestly not gay, but Scientific Humanism teaches no hatred (unlike the Bible), so we didn't bring forward anti-gay wording like the Bible (and Hindu texts, and Islamic texts, and Zoroastorian texts, etc.) has. We love too much to do that, and would love those other belief systems to join us in a revolution of love - loving LGBT, ditching ancient hatreds. We have faith in their innate goodness.

LGBT are wonderful people, make great parents, etc., and have contributed greatly to the world...here's a gigantic list of famous LGBT people: List of gay, lesbian or bisexual people - Wikipedia

Replace hatred for gays with love for gays - that's the Scientific Humanist way.

Peace.

WHICH GOD!? :bye1: List of 5000 gods: God List - Partial (5000 gods) public.pdf
I believe I have already introduced you to the Nameless Philosophy God.

Do you struggle with reading comprehension ??
I did not notice that, no.
So we can agree that the god of the Bible and god of the Quran are not real then, correct? [Christians/Muslims are usually very well-intended, and we love them, we just didn't bring forward their invisible friend in the sky in our own book - "love your neighbor", yes, "believe in Jesus or burn in hell", no...we have a "no hatred" policy in our belief system.]

Forum List

Back