Can the Left have decent discussions with the Right?

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
This video presents an example where the answer is YES. It can be done. It might be hard for most, but some actually get the job done. This is what it takes in my opinion to correct the course of America. America is in drastic need of a course correction. When people ignore the blatant corruption of either alleged about Trump or alleged to be about Biden, they lose contact with reality. What about it? Do you think they can do it?

This video presents an example where the answer is YES. It can be done. It might be hard for most, but some actually get the job done. This is what it takes in my opinion to correct the course of America. America is in drastic need of a course correction. When people ignore the blatant corruption of either alleged about Trump or alleged to be about Biden, they lose contact with reality. What about it? Do you think they can do it?

Yes, it’s possible for the two sides to discuss, te question is, will they ever be able to agree on anything…doubtful.

The left can have decent conversations with anyone; you're talking about liberals and conservatives here.

And both - but particularly conservatives right now - are on delusional benders.

It's a complete shit show.

The left can have decent conversations with anyone; you're talking about liberals and conservatives here.

And both - but particularly conservatives right now - are on delusional benders.

It's a complete shit show.
Well, you sure started slow. A decent conversation does not say to me, who I am talking about. They might ask of course.
But now that you opened that can of pig meat, who is liberal? I know of no Democrat who is a card carrying liberal. They claim they are, but the truth is they are true authoritarians.s Take Biden, he is driving America crazy with his way to Govern. First he attacked Energy. Then he attacked our own borders. Even Canada has an open border since the agents had to go to the South Border and they can't stop the immense flow of illegal persons. And our Fentanyl death toll is extreme. Can I say it is far worse than mass murders?

Republicans are only conservative by our careful management desires of the constitution. We believe it is virtually perfect. We do not want to become communists nor fascists and we damned sure are not Nazis.

I'll prove the OPs point. Democrats are pure evil and incapable of civil discord. All they can do is act.

If a democrat wants to prove me wrong and have a civil discussion with me, I dare you to try.

I think that the problem isn't "the left" considering those on the right side of the aisle can't even seem to have a civil discussion amongst themselves.

It's possible to have civil discourse with liberals (unless the subject is Trump), but I don't think it's possible to have meaningful discourse. Liberalism is based on virtue signaling. Not virtue, mind you, but virtue signaling. Perhaps even worse than their virtue signaling is their cartoonish version of history and even current events. They still believe the "hands up, don't shoot" lie despite being debunked by the very science they tell us to follow, for example.

I think that the problem isn't "the left" considering those on the right side of the aisle can't even seem to have a civil discussion amongst themselves.
What defies all sense of imagination is how the Democrats will beat the drums for Biden. Biden is headed for prosecution. I see it in his future. They believe that Democrats prosecutions vs Trump will not fail. I do not believe that at all. I believe Trump will do as he did in the impeachment, where only 67 were needed to convict him, and due to the nature of Juries having to be unanimous, he will win all cases. The Georgia case is more stupid than trouble for Trump.

It's possible to have civil discourse with liberals (unless the subject is Trump), but I don't think it's possible to have meaningful discourse. Liberalism is based on virtue signaling. Not virtue, mind you, but virtue signaling. Perhaps even worse than their virtue signaling is their cartoonish version of history and even current events. They still believe the "hands up, don't shoot" lie despite being debunked by the very science they tell us to follow, for example.
I am with you if we only located actual liberals. I believe a True Liberal is a person we can easily communicate with. They are not authoritarians by nature They do not try to shove climate down our throats as an issue. They believe in low taxes. They believe in free speech. Democrats are different. They are upside vs Liberals. I believe most of we Republicans are almost 100 percent liberals.

I am with you if we only located actual liberals. I believe a True Liberal is a person we can easily communicate with. They are not authoritarians by nature They do not try to shove climate down our throats as an issue. They believe in low taxes. They believe in free speech. Democrats are different. They are upside vs Liberals. I believe most of we Republicans are almost 100 percent liberals.
Unfortunately terms like liberal and conservative are completely detached from their origins. Liberals are totalitarians while conservatives conserve nothing.

Well, you sure started slow. A decent conversation does not say to me, who I am talking about. They might ask of course.
But now that you opened that can of pig meat, who is liberal? I know of no Democrat who is a card carrying liberal.
They're all corporate conservative warmongers, but they call themselves liberals.
They claim they are, but the truth is they are true authoritarians.
Sure.
Take Biden, he is driving America crazy with his way to Govern. First he attacked Energy. Then he attacked our own borders. Even Canada has an open border since the agents had to go to the South Border and they can't stop the immense flow of illegal persons. And our Fentanyl death toll is extreme. Can I say it is far worse than mass murders?

Republicans are only conservative by our careful management desires of the constitution. We believe it is virtually perfect. We do not want to become communists nor fascists and we damned sure are not Nazis.
The Republicans are corporate conservative warmongers as well.

They just want WWIII because China rather than because Russia.

But the USG aggressively provoked Russia into Ukraine, and is also aggressively provoking China.

It will not end well for the world.

What defies all sense of imagination is how the Democrats will beat the drums for Biden. Biden is headed for prosecution. I see it in his future. They believe that Democrats prosecutions vs Trump will not fail. I do not believe that at all. I believe Trump will do as he did in the impeachment, where only 67 were needed to convict him, and due to the nature of Juries having to be unanimous, he will win all cases. The Georgia case is more stupid than trouble for Trump.
No. The cases are all multi-count indictments. He will not escape, though will not be found guilty on all counts, but he will be found guilty, simply becuase he is guilty, as the evidence on many counts will prove, and that is with juries approved by both prosecution and defense attorneys. There will then be appeals. Some will win. Some will lose.

No. The cases are all multi-count indictments. He will not escape, though will not be found guilty on all counts, but he will be found guilty, simply becuase he is guilty, as the evidence on many counts will prove, and that is with juries approved by both prosecution and defense attorneys. There will then be appeals. Some will win. Some will lose.
No doubt he'll be found guilty on some counts, whether he's really guilty or not. This will just make him more popular. If nothing else the Prison President's term in office will be interesting.

No doubt he'll be found guilty on some counts, whether he's really guilty or not. This will just make him more popular. If nothing else the Prison President's term in office will be interesting.
He will never be in office again. Forget polls. Forget right-wing pundits. He is toast.

Forum List

Back