Can someone call the cases when Putin lied?

Display this image in Russia and you will get thrown in jail.

Unfortunately, you are only familiar with anti-Russian propaganda, and not with reality. But even if you were right (which is not so), then this is not proof of Putin's lies. This could be proof that he is a tyrant and a bloodsucker. But I'm asking about examples of his lies.

Maybe you are a good little soldier for your country, that's fine, I don't expect you to slag your leader who appears to have been democratically elected. You should be honest though.

Surely you've heard of the term "plausible deniability". All kinds of activities go down in Geopolitical battles between nations, no powerful world leader is immune to it. This is why they are insulated. You cannot prove that Putin gave an order, but you can easily deduce that he did. You might even feel insulted if someone denied that he did knowing the power structure in Russia.

So, unless you have an audio recording and the names are used, you cannot prove much of anything. Look at the recent poisoning in Britain or chemcial attacks by Assad, anyone can create a counter narrative to convince the world it didn't happen, but those on the ground report it honestly.

Mother Theresa wasn't a world leader for a reason, these positions aren't made up primarily of Saints.

Can someone call the cases when Putin lied?
Have the various search engines -- Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. -- stopped working on your Internet access/computing device?
The thing about Putin is less about his lying and more about his treachery, deceitfulness and machinations to undermine from within democracies that oppose him or have the will and/or strength to marginalize him.

Unlike Trump, Putin isn't generally given to lying about all things great and small. Specifically, the stuff he lies about tends to be stuff that only intelligence agencies can soundly/cogent refute, and in most instances, they cannot openly do so without compromising sources and methods. Knowing that, Putin undertakes subterfuge that aims to erode a citizenry's trust in the very organs on which they must rely for information about the nature and extent of Putin's actions. Quite simply, the more partisanship, the more politically motivated distrust and animosity, the more willingness of citizens to ascribe political intents to "everything" and that Putin can catalyze and/or exacerbate among a democratic polity, for him, the better.

It is because that is Putin's overall strategy that his/the Kremlin's tactics of fomenting dissent, advancing conspiracy theories about the motivations and acts of a democracy's domestic institutions, and the advancement of the notion of "fake news," thus any measure of Russian state involvement in a democracy's electoral/political processes should gravely concern any citizen of a democracy like the U.S. and its allies.

I'm tired of constantly facing Putin's accusations of lying with the absence of any examples. I do not rule out that this is possible, because a big policy without lies - it almost never happens. Western politicians lie very often and we all know such examples, from Colin Powell's test tube to the statements of Boris Johnson. But I do not remember cases when Putin was convicted of proven lies. Maybe I do not know such cases and will you tell them to me?

It is usually based on empirical evidence. In order to prove someone is lying, you need to acquire a set of facts that contradict statements, and as ex-KGB, Putin is very careful in what he says and facts are often hard to come by in anything Putin is involved in. And anyone who seems to know anything contrary to Putin's position often seems to meet with unfortunate circumstances.

Almost sounds like the Clinton's..

But then again the Russian media is controlled by the government.

You mean it has to be proven that Putin gave the order to the SVR to kill a former agent with a $10M vial of plutonium?

No. I'm looking for examples when Putin lied. But not accusations of his cruelty, murders and the like. Do you understand that in general, honesty and cruelty are orthogonal concepts? A person can be an honest tyrant, or maybe a deceitful liberal.[/QUOTE]

Post this picture in Russia and let us know how it goes for you. Surely as a free man you can do this. Or are you a slave?
putin-gay-meme-image.jpg

I'm tired of constantly facing Putin's accusations of lying with the absence of any examples. I do not rule out that this is possible, because a big policy without lies - it almost never happens. Western politicians lie very often and we all know such examples, from Colin Powell's test tube to the statements of Boris Johnson. But I do not remember cases when Putin was convicted of proven lies. Maybe I do not know such cases and will you tell them to me?

It is usually based on empirical evidence. In order to prove someone is lying, you need to acquire a set of facts that contradict statements, and as ex-KGB, Putin is very careful in what he says and facts are often hard to come by in anything Putin is involved in. And anyone who seems to know anything contrary to Putin's position often seems to meet with unfortunate circumstances.

Of course a far right fox bot would be brainwashed by his cult and try to make Americans as worse. Republicans hate democracy and want a dictator like putin. Sad!

You cannot prove that Putin gave an order, but you can easily deduce that he did.

Thus, even if Putin is a bloody tyrant, there is no evidence that he ever lied. He can be called a beast and a murderer, but not a lier. So?

HAHA, yes you are playing semantics.

No, he can be called a liar, I just did. Now PROVING he is a liar is going to be nearly impossible, especially for a regular Joe like myself. You might recall in 1962 Russia, lead by Khruchev told the UN that America was in fantasy land regarding nukes in Cuba. America provided the proof with aerial photos showing the nukes on truck flatbeds thanks to the U2 plane, embarrassing Russia for a generation.

That kind of proof will not be found with Putin. So you can believe what you wish and I will do the same.

Of course a far right fox bot would be brainwashed by his cult and try to make Americans as worse. Republicans hate democracy and want a dictator like putin. Sad!

Says the far left drone troll that voted for Hilary and Obama twice!

You support that which is just like Putin!

You cannot prove that Putin gave an order, but you can easily deduce that he did.

Thus, even if Putin is a bloody tyrant, there is no evidence that he ever lied. He can be called a beast and a murderer, but not a lier. So?

HAHA, yes you are playing semantics.

No, he can be called a liar, I just did. Now PROVING he is a liar is going to be nearly impossible, especially for a regular Joe like myself. You might recall in 1962 Russia, lead by Khruchev told the UN that America was in fantasy land regarding nukes in Cuba. America provided the proof with aerial photos showing the nukes on truck flatbeds thanks to the U2 plane, embarrassing Russia for a generation.

That kind of proof will not be found with Putin. So you can believe what you wish and I will do the same.

Yes it can be hard to prove even in a country that he invaded..

Paul Niland: Vladimir Putin is a liar | KyivPost

Here again only accusations. And not one specific fact of lies.

At last concrete charges. I'll try to check.

Russian forces in Crimea are only acting to protect Russian military assets. It is “citizens’ defense groups,” not Russian forces, who have seized infrastructure and military facilities in Crimea

What did Putin himself say about this:

Владимир Путин, президент РФ: «За спиной сил самообороны Крыма, конечно, встали наши военнослужащие. Они действовали очень корректно, но, как я уже сказал, решительно и профессионально».

Путин: за спиной крымской самообороны стояли российские военные

Translation:

Behind the back of the self-defense forces of the Crimea, of course, our servicemen stood up. They acted very correctly, but, as I said, resolutely and professionally "

Putin does not deny the use of the Russian military during the declaration of the independence of the Crimea.

Russia’s actions fall within the scope of the 1997 Friendship Treaty between Ukraine and the Russian Federation.

The opposition failed to implement the Feb. 21 agreement with former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.

I did not find such words from Putin. Can you show me where he says it?

There is a humanitarian crisis and hundreds of thousands are fleeing Ukraine to Russia and seeking asylum.

In general, it is indicative that in this "set of examples of lies" there are no literal quotations of Putin. I also did not find this quote in his words. But here, just, there is no deception. In Russia, indeed, many Ukrainians fled. Now in our country about 2.5 million Ukrainians. Of these, 660,000 official refugees in 2015, according to the UN report.

http://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefwe...raine_situation_report_36_-_17_april_2015.pdf

It seems that again it did not turn out to be an example of Putin's lies.

In the absence of evidence, only the question of faith remains. And the faith is strongly influenced by propaganda. And especially those who hear only one side of the confrontation are vulnerable to propaganda.

So I'm interested in examples of Putin's revealed lies.
This is a stone lie. One always knows what great communicators mean. No one knows what Trump means at any time.

Speaking in a series of interviews with Russian state television which were included in a documentary released Wednesday, Putin described Trump as a great communicator.
https://www.thestar.com/

Didn't Putin lie about troops in Syria? And about Syria using Chemical weapons?

What exactly his words are lies?
It's 3 am I'm not going to fetch quotes for you.
He said he had no ground troops in Syria when he had ground troops in Syria.
He said Assad didn't use Chemical Weapons on his citizens when Asad did use Chemical Weapons on his citizens so we bombed his empty airport with expensive bombs. Cost us more than it cost him.

Russia does not have ground troops in Syria. In Syria there are only:

- Aviation
- Air Base Support Services
- Military Police
- Special Operations Forces
- Doctors, military advisers, etc.

There are also representatives of private military companies, but they are for that, so that the state does not sign under them.

There are no Russian land forces in Syria.

He said Assad didn't use Chemical Weapons on his citizens when Asad did use Chemical Weapons on his citizens so we bombed

It's a lie. Assad does not use chemical weapons in Syria.

his empty airport with expensive bombs. Cost us more than it cost him.

This, indeed it is. The cost of the launched American cruise missiles is much greater than the cost of their damaged damage.

This is clearly more expensive than the six old, inefficient MiG-23s, radar and several agnairs with utility rooms.

Russia does not have ground troops in Syria. In Syria there are only:

- Aviation
- Air Base Support Services
- Military Police
- Special Operations Forces
- Doctors, military advisers, etc.

There are also representatives of private military companies, but they are for that, so that the state does not sign under them.

There are no Russian land forces in Syria.

He said Assad didn't use Chemical Weapons on his citizens when Asad did use Chemical Weapons on his citizens so we bombed

It's a lie. Assad does not use chemical weapons in Syria.

his empty airport with expensive bombs. Cost us more than it cost him.

This, indeed it is. The cost of the launched American cruise missiles is much greater than the cost of their damaged damage.

This is clearly more expensive than the six old, inefficient MiG-23s, radar and several agnairs with utility rooms.

Military police and special OP forces aren't land forces? Do you have cabbage for brains?

Military police and special OP forces aren't land forces? Do you have cabbage for brains?

In Russian military terms - no. Russia's participation in the land war in Syria implies the use of a regular army. But there is no such thing in Syria. With the translation of terms you should always be more careful. And then we can say that Russia is leading a war in Syria. Because Russian aviation belongs to the kind of army "Russian air and space forces". And then you still and the downed pilot, who is fighting with the islamists, write down in the Russian land operation.

Forum List

Back