Can President Biden be impeached for things that may have happened before he became President - like when he was Vice President?

I agree - but this thread is about BEFORE he became president. All the "supposed" Hunter Biden stuff happened when he was Vice President.
It is all circumstantial. What policy decisions did VP Biden make that benefited the people paying Hunter?

The prosecutor Biden got fired was corrupt and everybody wanted him gone.

At least they VOTED for the inquiry. You fucking lefties skipped that and went straight to voting to impeach Trump without any evidence of wrongdoing. At least republicans are going about it the right way.

Nadler specifically stated he didn't "need one."

After not starting a formal impeachment inquiry, some Democrats decided they didn’t need one​

Back on March 4, 2019, Nadler announced that the House Judiciary Committee would investigate “alleged obstruction of justice, public corruption, and other abuses of power by President Trump, his associates, and members of his Administration.” Nadler soon sent a plethora of document requests and subpoenas for testimony. This has been the House’s main probe into the Mueller report’s findings and other Trump scandals.

Last edited:
A congressional resolution has been introduced that sets forth an article of impeachment stating that, in his former role as Vice President, President Biden abused the power of that office through enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors by allowing his son Hunter Biden to influence the domestic policy of a foreign nation and accept benefits from foreign nationals in exchange for favors. However, it is important to note that this is a resolution and not an actual impeachment.

In summary, while there have been inquiries and resolutions regarding Joe Biden and Hunter Biden, there is no evidence that President Biden can be impeached for actions when he was vice-president.

Interesting. Thank you!

According to a legal expert I heard a short time ago on CNN, the Constitution does not allow for that. In other words, President Biden may only be impeached for things that happen during his presidency. All the Hunter Biden stuff the House is claiming happened when President Biden was Vice President. Does anyone have any more legal information about this? What do you think?

I would think he definitely can be impeached for acts from before he was in office.

I answered that question above. We don't know that he can be impeached for actions when he was VP.

If the constitution doesn't specifically ban it, then it can happen. And several officials have already been impeached and removed from office for crimes happening before they were elected, so the precedent has been set for this president. It absolutely CAN and HAS happened.

You have to point out where, in the constitution, it states that he can ONLY be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors" that happened while he was president.

So go ahead and do that now.

All I see is liberals crying "He can't be impeached for crimes committed before he was president" but when asked to specifically state where the constitution says that, we hear crickets. Or Biden sniffing little girls hair.

Last edited:
Now it's all of course, a waste of time as it was under Trump as there is no way this Senate would remove the child molester from office. But he would go down as impeached, as the left likes to label Trump.

If the constitution doesn't specifically ban it, then it can happen. And several officials have already been impeached and removed from office for crimes happening before they were elected, so the precedent has been set for this president. It absolutely CAN and HAS happened.

You have to point out where, in the constitution, it states that he can ONLY be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors" that happened while he was president.

So go ahead and do that now.

All I see is liberals crying "He can't be impeached for crimes committed before he was president" but when asked to specifically state where the constitution says that, we hear crickets. Or Biden sniffing little girls hair.
I don't have to point out anything because the Constitution does not authorize it.

I don't know because I haven't personally researched it yet.
They why ask the question.
Actually, Joey Xi committed a criminal offense as Vice President by illegally using blackmail and extortion to have the Ukraine prosecutor fired.
Obama authorized the funding to the Ukraine and Biden threatened to withhold a duly authorized order of the president.
There is no statute of limitations.

**********​

Last edited:
Now it's all of course, a waste of time as it was under Trump as there is no way this Senate would remove the child molester from office. But he would go down as impeached, as the left likes to label Trump.
Sure, but if you impeach Biden and don't get a conviction, he can never be prosecuted for any of those offenses.

So be careful!

Normal people will notice that the republicans have no evidence, unlike the definitive evidence presented against Trump in his impeachments.

They why ask the question.
Actually, Joey Xi committed a criminal offense as Vice President by illegally using blackmail to have a Ukraine official fired.
Obama authorized the funding to the Ukraine and Biden threatened to withhold a duly authorized order of the president.
There is no statute of limitations.
The Judge would sanction any set of lawyers and their principals for bring such a twisted reasoning.

Forum List

Back