Can Christians answer trolling posts without complaining?

In my family, parents are of different religions. Actually, therefore, their marriage has been bursting at the seams for 30 years, but they haven't yet figured out how they can get a divorce. My parents aren't particularly religious, but my grandmother, a typical mature Jewish woman, paid special attention to my spiritual development while she was alive. Until I was 12, I attended synagogue and it seemed that I even planned to celebrate my bar mitzvah, but my grandmother didn't last until that day. She died a couple of months before my 12th birthday. Since then, I have sometimes visited the synagogue. In difficult times, something helps me there. Whether these are happy and funny memories of my grandmother, or whether I'm really much more religious than I thought about it, I still can't answer this question. I really love to communicate with the new rabbi, as he really makes the Torah more modern and understandable, his explanations are logical and don't break away from reality, so I feel comfortable to talk with him about everyday life and the crisis of faith that I'm experiencing. Very often, when I meet the rabbi, I quote my friends and colleagues who, upon figure out that I'm Jewish, ask provocative questions, such as whether I consider myself better than them, because I belong to the "chosen people", is it real that Jews are materialists who are ready for anything for money. Why am I considered a believer but my religion denies Jesus? I can answer these questions seriously (which I usually do for the first time), but then my sense of humor wins and I try to choose words and expressions that will not discredit my religion, but also not become a reason for holivar with others. This is most difficult for me with Christians. I don't want to sound rude, but as for the most humble religion, all Christians whom I have met are impatient lovers to start an argument and bring it to a quarrel, although I can ask the interlocutor to stop discussing the topic, because the conversation becomes really personal and offensive. At one point, I realized that I didn't want to discuss my faith and my views on different religions with anyone. But I persist in wearing Maccabee Apparel T-shirts when I see my Christian father's family. They are really very religious and find it difficult to come to terms with someone who thinks differently. My funny and cool T-shirts with Semitic symbols usually make it clear that it's not worth starting a conversation with me about Jesus.

In my family, parents are of different religions. Actually, therefore, their marriage has been bursting at the seams for 30 years, but they haven't yet figured out how they can get a divorce. My parents aren't particularly religious, but my grandmother, a typical mature Jewish woman, paid special attention to my spiritual development while she was alive. Until I was 12, I attended synagogue and it seemed that I even planned to celebrate my bar mitzvah, but my grandmother didn't last until that day. She died a couple of months before my 12th birthday. Since then, I have sometimes visited the synagogue. In difficult times, something helps me there. Whether these are happy and funny memories of my grandmother, or whether I'm really much more religious than I thought about it, I still can't answer this question. I really love to communicate with the new rabbi, as he really makes the Torah more modern and understandable, his explanations are logical and don't break away from reality, so I feel comfortable to talk with him about everyday life and the crisis of faith that I'm experiencing. Very often, when I meet the rabbi, I quote my friends and colleagues who, upon figure out that I'm Jewish, ask provocative questions, such as whether I consider myself better than them, because I belong to the "chosen people", is it real that Jews are materialists who are ready for anything for money. Why am I considered a believer but my religion denies Jesus? I can answer these questions seriously (which I usually do for the first time), but then my sense of humor wins and I try to choose words and expressions that will not discredit my religion, but also not become a reason for holivar with others. This is most difficult for me with Christians. I don't want to sound rude, but as for the most humble religion, all Christians whom I have met are impatient lovers to start an argument and bring it to a quarrel, although I can ask the interlocutor to stop discussing the topic, because the conversation becomes really personal and offensive. At one point, I realized that I didn't want to discuss my faith and my views on different religions with anyone. But I persist in wearing Maccabee Apparel T-shirts when I see my Christian father's family. They are really very religious and find it difficult to come to terms with someone who thinks differently. My funny and cool T-shirts with Semitic symbols usually make it clear that it's not worth starting a conversation with me about Jesus.

Divorces don't require religious approval unless they're believe some repurcussions from heaven etc. Which is rubbish anyway.

They are really very religious and find it difficult to come to terms with someone who thinks differently. My funny and cool T-shirts with Semitic symbols usually make it clear that it's not worth starting a conversation with me about Jesus.
I am both rueful and regretful you are having trouble with Christians in your family. Long story, but once a girl, then motherless, wanted to become Christian, so I became her godmother. Years passed, and then she told me she wanted to return to her mother's religion (Judaism). I blessed her on her way and have such fond memories of both times.

The difference between the two religions is that Jews cannot accept any man as God, and Jesus was indeed a man despite any other attributes. Second, the Jewish messiah will be an earthly leader, and Jesus emphasized he was not that Messiah.

Jesus was a courageous Jew, speaking out against Annas and Caiaphas, the high priests of the time who were more interested in Roman wealth and power than the struggles Jews were undergoing at the time.

Love, forgiveness, and the will of God were his themes, all familiar themes among Jews. He healed a withered hand on the Sabbath, teaching love was above the Sabbath. However, Jews make a good point when they note that the man's hand was withered before the Sabbath; it could have been healed the day following the Sabbath. Of course life-threatening situations made healing on the Sabbath permissible, but this was not a life-threatening malady.

You have a beautiful faith and Rabbis have brought to me a whole new perspective of the Old Testament. What a blessing! Yes, my greatest blessing is Christ, especially the time he noted that he came for those who had trouble with ideals (i.e., sinners); that those who are healthy have no need of a physician. I was in need of a physician, and it sounds like your relatives might relate to that. You are healthy, so rejoice.

They are really very religious and find it difficult to come to terms with someone who thinks differently. My funny and cool T-shirts with Semitic symbols usually make it clear that it's not worth starting a conversation with me about Jesus.
I am both rueful and regretful you are having trouble with Christians in your family. Long story, but once a girl, then motherless, wanted to become Christian, so I became her godmother. Years passed, and then she told me she wanted to return to her mother's religion (Judaism). I blessed her on her way and have such fond memories of both times.

The difference between the two religions is that Jews cannot accept any man as God, and Jesus was indeed a man despite any other attributes. Second, the Jewish messiah will be an earthly leader, and Jesus emphasized he was not that Messiah.

Jesus was a courageous Jew, speaking out against Annas and Caiaphas, the high priests of the time who were more interested in Roman wealth and power than the struggles Jews were undergoing at the time.

Love, forgiveness, and the will of God were his themes, all familiar themes among Jews. He healed a withered hand on the Sabbath, teaching love was above the Sabbath. However, Jews make a good point when they note that the man's hand was withered before the Sabbath; it could have been healed the day following the Sabbath. Of course life-threatening situations made healing on the Sabbath permissible, but this was not a life-threatening malady.

You have a beautiful faith and Rabbis have brought to me a whole new perspective of the Old Testament. What a blessing! Yes, my greatest blessing is Christ, especially the time he noted that he came for those who had trouble with ideals (i.e., sinners); that those who are healthy have no need of a physician. I was in need of a physician, and it sounds like your relatives might relate to that. You are healthy, so rejoice.

There's very little evidence your Jesus ever existed and he was certainly not a son of God or was of virgin birth.
So before you start preaching more rubbish, get some facts.

Forum List

Back