Can Christianity be eliminated?

Could Christianity be eliminated with 1,000 and an organized effort?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No.

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Blah blah blah. I'm smart.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think the only way to eliminate or marginalize a given religion is to invent one and claim it's the latest version of the one you wanna get rid of. Like Christianity and Islam did marginalizing the original Judaism. And now with Mormonism, I have high hopes the former two will become less popular (even though that means the even crazier one will gain in popularity.) :)

There is a guy on youtube that calls himself "cultofdusty". He is an anti-theist that wants to wipe Christianity off of the face of the world. Personally I think this would be an impossibility. I don't even believe the passing of time can eliminate Christianity.

I challenge any anti-theist who believes that Christianity could be eliminated to attend church weekly for 52 weeks and read the entire Bible. Once that is accomplished let me know if you still think it is possible to eliminate Christianity. I just don't see how it could be done. You could convince believers to abandon the faith but I don't see how you can prevent new converts from adopting the faith.

I think the practices, stories and traditions of Christianity are contagious to the virgin mind. What do you guys think? Could Christianity be eliminated if we worked at it for 500-1000 years?

I think you need to stop the chicken shit stuff and show people what Dusty Smith is all about.

When the God of Abraham is destroyed the world will emerge from the Dark Ages.

If there was no Christianity, the institution of slavery would be fully acceptable and we would likely still be living much as the "ancient" Romans. None of that sounds very pleasant for the "average" citizen. "Let them eat cake and attend the circus." would be how the rulers would pacify the "rabble". And if you don't believe that then consider the fact that most ancient monarchs had the populous imagining that they were "gods."

It was not until the ruler accepted that GOD allowed him to remain in power, that the general public could reason that GOD might use the people to depose him with GOD's blessing...

Last edited:
If you wanna get rid of something, worst thing you can do is try to get rid of it. Romans tried to get rid of Christianity and were a lot less squeamish about slaughtering Christians than we would be. They failed. They actually helped ensure it took hold and got popular.

My suggestion is simply counter Christian points every time you encounter them. "God created the Earth in 6 days." - Counter with something like, "Really? So it took Him 6 days to create 1 planet orbiting 1 star. There are how many stars? Each likely with at least 1 planet. Doing the math...UH-oh looks like it woulda taken God over a qunitillion years to make all the planets in the known universe. Universe is only 13.5 billion years old. Explain this problem." :)

328 quintillion years rather, looked up my previous thread about it. It's here,

6 Days... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
If you wanna get rid of something, worst thing you can do is try to get rid of it. Romans tried to get rid of Christianity and were a lot less squeamish about slaughtering Christians than we would be. They failed. They actually helped ensure it took hold and got popular.

My suggestion is simply counter Christian points every time you encounter them. "God created the Earth in 6 days." - Counter with something like, "Really? So it took Him 6 days to create 1 planet orbiting 1 star. There are how many stars? Each likely with at least 1 planet. Doing the math...UH-oh looks like it woulda taken God over a qunitillion years to make all the planets in the known universe. Universe is only 13.5 billion years old. Explain this problem." :)

328 quintillion years rather, looked up my previous thread about it. It's here,

6 Days... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
See, that would be a dumb thing to do, because the extremely quick and easy response to that is, He took His time on earth to do it right. Regardless, your best hope is to attempt to tie up Christians in useless scientific arguments, hoping they'll shut up about sin and God's provision for it.

There is a guy on youtube that calls himself "cultofdusty". He is an anti-theist that wants to wipe Christianity off of the face of the world. Personally I think this would be an impossibility. I don't even believe the passing of time can eliminate Christianity.

I challenge any anti-theist who believes that Christianity could be eliminated to attend church weekly for 52 weeks and read the entire Bible. Once that is accomplished let me know if you still think it is possible to eliminate Christianity. I just don't see how it could be done. You could convince believers to abandon the faith but I don't see how you can prevent new converts from adopting the faith.

I think the practices, stories and traditions of Christianity are contagious to the virgin mind. What do you guys think? Could Christianity be eliminated if we worked at it for 500-1000 years?

I think you need to stop the chicken shit stuff and show people what Dusty Smith is all about.

If there was no Christianity, the institution of slavery would be fully acceptable and we would likely still be living much as the "ancient" Romans. None of that sounds very pleasant for the "average" citizen. "Let them eat cake and attend the circus." would be how the rulers would pacify the "rabble". And if you don't believe that then consider the fact that most ancient monarchs had the populous imagining that they were "gods."

It was not until the ruler accepted that GOD allowed him to remain in power, that the general public could reason that GOD might use the people to depose him with GOD's blessing...

Christianity thrived on slavery and servitude. It did not end the practice. Popes and other christians have been sanctioning slavery till the 20th century.

Christianity thrived on slavery and servitude. It did not end the practice. Popes and other christians have been sanctioning slavery till the 20th century.

It was also Christians who began the abolitionist movement and insisted upon an end to slavery here in the United States. It was Christians who broke U.S. law and helped slaves escape to freedom. You see, they didn't point to the slavery references in the Bible. They pointed to, Love one another as I have loved you, and that we are all one in the Body of Christ, and what you do to the least, you have done for me.

You called educated people tools then went on a whole long shpiel after you destroyed Christianity with your "read the full context excuse".
Fact : Christianity survives on taking selective recognition of verses out of context, out of tenses, and out of historical references therefore you killed it's life line by your own admission.
By your reply Jesus isn't messiah therefore he's lucifer the fslse imposter messiah, you moved your king into =
Check Mate!

*about the reference to educated people*
We know that Christianity claims Jesus to be a god, we know they claim the NT the word of God, we know that an all knowing person would not be dumb enough to call himself the nemesis of God and the Evening Star.
We know that morning star has little to do with bible references and everything to do with predating symbolism and myths, usage of words, and the plain simple fact the morning star was the nemesis of the God of Israel named in the Holy city of Shalem.
Morning star being the son of Baal and ISHTAR (easter) doesn't help.
Educated people hate liars/missinformation & people who miss lead and manipulate people, you should hate those things within yourself too. Ignorance &Lies= darkness
You should he seeking spiritual light (knowledge and truth) and remove that darkness in your life so that you become "complete and whole" (shalem).

Check mate my ass. Christianity survives because Christ survived death on the cross, and returned to prove it.

Satan is called many things in the Bible:
angel of light- 2Cor. 11:14
father-John 8:44
god-2 Cor. 4:4
power- Heb. 2:14
prince-John 12:31
lion- 1Pet. 5:8
ruler-Eph. 6:12
son- John 17:12

Context is everything. He is called son alright, son of perdition. And prince.. of this world. Father, yes. Father of lies.

But only One is called the Bright Morning Star. That is Jesus Christ, the Lord. Know Him, and you'll be able to discern the difference when you read it.

List the names of Christ's slaves.
Popes aren't Christ. Popes are fallible men. Nowhere in the Bible does it say to follow the Pope.

The creation wants to destroy the Creator. So cute.......
That opportunity is coming. If you want to be part of the action, join the Russian military. They are going to Invade God's land, Israel. The Creator wins. I can even tell you what to look out for, so you can successfully "defeat" God.
Don't get confused and shoot each other, and watch out for hail. :)

quote:Christ survived death on the cross,
and returned to prove it.

Not a true honest argument.
1)First of all Yeshu son of Mary was hanged not crucified even your NT has 2 accts! the Galilean tax revolter of 6bc was the one crucified as was the AD era christ.
2)The Jesus character says self testimony is not true.
3)Rome created the image for you to worship, you think you'd follow a failed prophet who dies and offers you no LIVE FOREVER promise that The SERPENT OFFERED EVE IN GENESIS?
4) IN THAT BIBLICAL TIME returning to life meant returning from being banished from the kingdom.
They were banished for crimes and called dead, returning to the kingdom is called returning from the dead.
5)which christ returned Lazarus from banishment, that one is the bisexual christ who was found sleeping with a naked boy (Lazarus who was rich).
6)many people returned from the dead even Dosha the dog and at least Dosha is named in the Temple (Mikdosh) a prerequisite of secreting Moshiach.
7) the forum argument about obe and those returning from death busts your argument.
8) Christianity is NOTHING without its abuse and manipulation of the Hebrew Bible. Rome did this to many cultures. Everyones ego orevents them from considering that they might be the 1/3 deceived. Must be nice always thinking it's the other guy and not you.

"Satan is called many things in the Bible:
angel of light- 2Cor. 11:14"

Jesus is called the light of this world what in John 8:12?
remember it's Paul & Constantine the author of this one world religion who saw a luciferous light come to them calling himself Jesus.

"father-John 8:44"
Christians claim Jesus is the father and fakacious placement into Isaiah 7 would be making hin the fatherly figure.

"god-2 Cor. 4:4"

Bingo the only prophet claimed a god is Jesus, even though God is not a man nor form neither is Moshiach to be deemed a God. Therefore only Jesus can be Satan aka son of perdition.

"power- Heb. 2:14"
You gave Jesus marvel comic like comical powers, but you might want to check his batteries, they seem broken.

"prince-John 12:31"
prince means one who sacrifices for others, Jesus was called that even prince of Tyre where he was popular.

"lion"
1 peter 5:8 christians say is Jesus but yes he is a Lyin.

"ruler-Eph. 6:12"
you call him king

"son- John 17:12"
Ezekiel son of perdition (fall to the pit) in 28 is an exact natch to jesus falling to the pit acts 2:27, 1 peter 3:19, & apostkes creed by the hands of Rome (called Seas) for claiming to be a god.

Morning Star= baals son=lucifer look it up online.

It was also Christians who began the abolitionist movement and insisted upon an end to slavery here in the United States. It was Christians who broke U.S. law and helped slaves escape to freedom. You see, they didn't point to the slavery references in the Bible. They pointed to, Love one another as I have loved you, and that we are all one in the Body of Christ, and what you do to the least, you have done for me.

some northern baptist churches. It was no a wide spread christian movement.

The abolition of slavery was NOT an atheistic movement. The Bible does not promote the acquisition of slaves by Christians. If anything it does promote the belief that we should treat our brothers and sisters as equals. A slave cannot be equal to his master. The abolitionist movement was speared on by fervent Bible believing Christians. There are not many people willing to walk in the path of Christ. And atheists are among those who care only for themselves, their own opinions, and things that bring notoriety to themselves. The abolitionist movement was not popular among the self-righteous.

The modern world is driven by sophisticated networking (i.e., eTrade, World Bank, etc.).

Those who are the tech/grid barons are the new age barons. Room for profiteerism creates virtual 'system wolves.'

Yes, you too can become a werewolf.

I graduated from Dartmouth College, and I post Christian websites on the Internet. Maybe I too am a profiteer of sorts.

I remember watching the "Dungeons and Dragons" (CBS) show as a youngster and following the mis-adventures of the main antagonist Venger, a powerful wizard who fears witchcraft but wields incredible and devastating powers.

I imagined that Venger could tackle various fictional/non-fictional wizards and warlocks such as Mordred (the adversary of Camelot), Captain Hook (the nemesis of Peter Pan), and Magneto (the ominous comic book anti-hero who manipulates the forces of magnetism for his own gain).

If Venger was real, would he be on Facebook, and how would he be 'assimilated' into the world of Christianity?

Christianity creates room for derring-do.

:afro:

Venger

venger.jpg

Lucifer (/ˈlʲuːsɪfər/ LEW-sif-ər) is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word הֵילֵל in Isaiah 14:12. This word, transliterated hêlêl[1] or heylel,[2] occurs only once in the Hebrew Bible[1] and according to the KJV-influenced Strong's Concordance means "shining one, morning star".[2] The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate,[3] which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer,[Isa 14:12][4][5] meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".[6] The Septuagint renders הֵילֵל in Greek as ἑωσφόρος[7][8][9][10][11] (heōsphoros),[12][13][14] a name, literally "bringer of dawn", for the morning star.[15]
The son referencing the two portions. One born of spirit one born of carnal flesh. By hearing an individual starts seeking (drakon) to look or gaze. And the sons of God were gathered together and satan (the adversary was among them). Spiritually speaking each has their own son of perdition to 'OVERCOME'.

The abolition of slavery was NOT an atheistic movement. The Bible does not promote the acquisition of slaves by Christians. If anything it does promote the belief that we should treat our brothers and sisters as equals. A slave cannot be equal to his master. The abolitionist movement was speared on by fervent Bible believing Christians. There are not many people willing to walk in the path of Christ. And atheists are among those who care only for themselves, their own opinions, and things that bring notoriety to themselves. The abolitionist movement was not popular among the self-righteous.

>>In several Pauline epistles, and the First Epistle of Peter, slaves are admonished to obey their masters<<
(Ephesians 6:5-8; Colossians 3:22-25; 1 Timothy 6:1; Titus 2:9-10; 1 Peter 2:18)

Any religion can 'die'. Also, it does not need the efforts of others.

All that is needed is for the practitioners to cease seeing its relevance.

There are more 'dead' religions and cults than 'alive' ones. Many of which died long before man discovered writing.

Christianity or Islam surviving another 1000 years? In their current forms they will not.

Come to think about it, did they survive their first 100 years? Changes to the theology changes the religion.

>>In several Pauline epistles, and the First Epistle of Peter, slaves are admonished to obey their masters<<
(Ephesians 6:5-8; Colossians 3:22-25; 1 Timothy 6:1; Titus 2:9-10; 1 Peter 2:18)
This is true; however, who were the vast majority of slave masters in Roman times ---- pagans or Christians? And to whom would a slave be a witness to but his fellow slaves and his master...

Forum List

Back