Can anyone tell me about Politics....

I'm willing to learn about politics basic theory. I'm going to study it. Can you explain what is the politics...

It's difficult to give a simplistic answer because politics exists in many facets of life. It exists among elected officials as well as non elected, it exists within family units, or between co-workers and management of a company, it exists between a group of people ship wrecked on an island and it even exists among a group of wild baboons in Africa.

I think very simply it is the process of finding balance between those in a group or society where some feel the compulsion to control to find order, some desire simply to carry on with tasks that keep them busy and satisfied, some simply want to get along at any cost ... and various other categories depending how many people there are.
Of course, that "process" is much more defined and debated, and /or fought over depending on the goals and expectations of the 'group'

good answer,, thank you
I agree. Sometimes it seems the baboons have all the say. Sometimes it doesn't. But in this country, we just carry on, no matter what, but the difference is, we can stand on a soapbox and say what we think. (and expect a good clubbing from one side and a "you got it" from the other.)

:soapbox:

Aren't all states?
Not sure about that...

150306-selma-bloody-sunday-march-306p_d796e2d095c9226d529f2e1fb4e237b9.jpg

I'm willing to learn about politics basic theory. I'm going to study it. Can you explain what is the politics...

First things first..... If that's a photo of you, take it down.

Secondly, politics is mostly about Tribalism. We don't like to admit it, but it is.

One Party caters to one group of people -- People who see themselves as the Ruling Class combined with those dependent on government for their existence. They get most of their voted by stealing money from Group II and giving it to people who will vote for them. Simple and effective.

The other group of people is those who just want to be left alone. Who want to work a decent job, get a decent day's pay, support a family, care for their elders, be part of their community and don't mind paying a little bit taxes.

The rest of it is just lies. Most of them told by the Ruling Class elites to their mass of voters who are either too stupid or too dishonest to care

. …. those who accept the collectivist agenda don’t read, don’t think, don’t learn. See what happens when you ask a Progressive/Liberal what books have informed their political outlook…just a puzzled look.

These three will lead to your enlightenment.

1. "Slouching Towards Gomorrah: Modern Liberalism and American Decline,"
by Robert H. Bork

2. "Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Change,"
by Jonah Goldberg

3. "American Betrayal: The Secret Assault on Our Nation's Character,"
by Diana West

They provide the context for the world you live in.

And, please do study the vast and scholarly documentation provided in each tome.

4. Extra Credit:

414aX-0cJUL.jpg

Study these four and you will hold your own in any debate or discussion.

Guaranteed.

Are those affiliate marketing links? Tsk, tsk.

Those are a few of the books that provided my basic education on the issues

Can you provide several of the books that have informed your geopolitical views?

Have you ever read a book?

Do you know what a 'book' is????

Politics is basically about making you feel safe and secure and happy while you are getting screwed.

MY TRIBE GOOD
OTHER TRIBE BAD
Ah....the fence-sitter precinct checks in.
:itsok:

As 'book' has become a topic here, let me recommend one that speaks of you, at lest those unwilling to inform themselves enough to hold a valid viewpoint.

Dante Alighieri, the man who created the Italian language, and the great works like ‘The Divine Comedy’…”considered to be the preeminent work in Italian literature[1] and one of the greatest works of world literature.”

See what he said about equivocators like you….

These folks pretend they are above the fray, too noble to be one side or the other. In fact, they are both too lazy to be informed, and too cowardly to take a side and try to defend it.

Both sides the same? Not on the important topics of the sanctity of human life, or of private property, or individual rights vs the collective. And what do these equivalency gnomes deserve? That brings us to Dante Alighieri.

In The Inferno, Dante puts the equivocators right where they belong: at the mouth of Hell.

“They reach a gate in the evening (which famously warns "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" = "... Abandon all hope, you who enter here")—it marks the entry into "the city of woe". Outside the gate, Fore-Hell is populated with Neutrals and Waverers who would not commit to God and are condemned to spend their afterlife futilely chasing a meaningless banner.” Dante Inferno Summary

“This idea of a marginal place--inside the gate of hell but before the river Acheron--for souls neither good enough for heaven nor evil enough for hell proper is a product of Dante's imagination, pure and simple. Possible theological justification for Dante's invention may be found in Apocalypse (Revelation) 3:16: "But because thou art lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth." Included among these cowardly souls--also known as fence-sitters, wafflers, opportunists, and neutrals--are the angels who refused to choose between God and Lucifer. What does this original idea say about Dante's view of human behavior and its relation to the afterlife? What might Dante's conception of this region imply about hell proper and its eternal inhabitants?” Dante's Inferno - Gate of Hell - Canto 3

Fence-sitter???? Couldn’t have said it better myself.

MY TRIBE GOOD
OTHER TRIBE BAD

As 'book' has become a topic here, let me recommend one that speaks of you, at lest those unwilling to inform themselves enough to hold a valid viewpoint.

Dante Alighieri, the man who created the Italian language, and the great works like ‘The Divine Comedy’…”considered to be the preeminent work in Italian literature[1] and one of the greatest works of world literature.”

These folks pretend they are above the fray, too noble to be one side or the other. In fact, they are both too lazy to be informed, and too cowardly to take a side and try to defend it.

Both sides the same? Not on the important topics of the sanctity of human life, or of private property, or individual rights vs the collective. And what do these equivalency gnomes deserve? That brings us to Dante Alighieri.

In The Inferno, Dante puts the equivocators right where they belong: at the mouth of Hell.

“They reach a gate in the evening (which famously warns "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" = "... Abandon all hope, you who enter here")—it marks the entry into "the city of woe". Outside the gate, Fore-Hell is populated with Neutrals and Waverers who would not commit to God and are condemned to spend their afterlife futilely chasing a meaningless banner.” Dante Inferno Summary

“This idea of a marginal place--inside the gate of hell but before the river Acheron--for souls neither good enough for heaven nor evil enough for hell proper is a product of Dante's imagination, pure and simple. Possible theological justification for Dante's invention may be found in Apocalypse (Revelation) 3:16: "But because thou art lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth." Included among these cowardly souls--also known as fence-sitters, wafflers, opportunists, and neutrals--are the angels who refused to choose between God and Lucifer. What does this original idea say about Dante's view of human behavior and its relation to the afterlife? What might Dante's conception of this region imply about hell proper and its eternal inhabitants?” Dante's Inferno - Gate of Hell - Canto 3

:laugh:

It's almost too easy to strike a nerve around here.

For me, politics is the business of government policy and how that policy affects the standard of living of citizens.

The philosophy of America's founders was that individuals must have rights protected FROM government and that government should be limited so that said individual can be free, productive and prosperous. Hence, many on the right want to "conserve" those principles, hence the term "conservatives".

Many progressives (Democratic Party), on the other hand, seem to believe that government should run every facet of society and our lives. Healthcare, education, economic results (not opportunity), etc., must ALL be managed by a small group of like-minded people in an all-powerful, central government. They want endless regulations and taxes on citizens, which ultimately diminishes their productivity and their standard of living.

Thank you for for your reply..... But I need good and explanation answer also some good source

If you need a good source immediately leave this forum and research politics on google or the library this place is not for you.

MY TRIBE GOOD
OTHER TRIBE BAD

:laugh:

It's almost too easy to strike a nerve around here.

...saith one who has no nerve.

Grow a pair, you dunce.

My side of the fence is laid out, nice and simple, in the first line of my sig.

Those of us who can think for ourselves expose wingers for what they are.

If you think of that as "trolling", I'm good with that.

Then join a Political Party and change it from within. Don't sit on the sidelines and throw shit at people like a monkey in a cage.

You're a liberturdian, I take it. Who is your Party leader? Who do you vote for? Who is your candidate?

You want to criticize and mock the other players without being one yourself.

How incredibly cowardly.

Which may be why Ayn Rand hated liberturdians so much. Which, in fact, IS why.

me too

Take a stand for once in your life.

You're either a dimocrap scumbag or you're opposed to them. Nothing in between

MY TRIBE GOOD
OTHER TRIBE BAD

What gets me is, if you have no real interest in partisan politics, then what are you doing in this Forum besides trolling?

My question contains the answer

Bet you've seen cable opinion shows where they encourage call-ins, and they have three categories: agree, disagree, don’t know.
What sort of moron calls in to say they have no opinion?????
Yet that is the sort of moron we find sitting on the fence, claiming what is clearly and evidently false.

That’s what Reagan was getting at, here:

In 1975, Ronald Reagan set out his intention: “Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?”

“…no pale pastels, but bold colors…”

No obfuscation, no pretense to ease our relationships with the other side: make clear what one stands for, express it, explain it, defend it.
Be brave.

For me, politics is the business of government policy and how that policy affects the standard of living of citizens.

The philosophy of America's founders was that individuals must have rights protected FROM government and that government should be limited so that said individual can be free, productive and prosperous. Hence, many on the right want to "conserve" those principles, hence the term "conservatives".

Many progressives (Democratic Party), on the other hand, seem to believe that government should run every facet of society and our lives. Healthcare, education, economic results (not opportunity), etc., must ALL be managed by a small group of like-minded people in an all-powerful, central government. They want endless regulations and taxes on citizens, which ultimately diminishes their productivity and their standard of living.
Nobody believes that. Do you have to lie about everything?

The difference here is that Republicans don’t even want Americans to have healthcare or education.

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)

All the ways Republicans are trying to destroy pre-existing conditions coverage

. …. those who accept the collectivist agenda don’t read, don’t think, don’t learn. See what happens when you ask a Progressive/Liberal what books have informed their political outlook…just a puzzled look.

by Robert H. Bork

2. "Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Change,"
by Jonah Goldberg

by Diana West

And, please do study the vast and scholarly documentation provided in each tome.

4. Extra Credit:

414aX-0cJUL.jpg

Guaranteed.

Can you provide several of the books that have informed your geopolitical views?

You are evading. Isn't affiliate marketing against the rules around here?

Sure. It's like this. Your neighbor pissed you off and you hire someone to beat him up. That's politics.

Last edited:

by Robert H. Bork

by Jonah Goldberg

by Diana West

4. Extra Credit:

414aX-0cJUL.jpg

Guaranteed.

You are evading. Isn't affiliate marketing against the rules around here?

Are you an imbecile???

af·fil·i·ate mar·ket·ing
noun
  1. a marketing arrangement by which an online retailer pays commission to an external website for traffic or sales generated from its referrals.
I have no affiliation with any of 'em....just own and study them.

I named three of the many books I've read....

Now.....you answer the question:

Don't bother answering whether you are an imbecile.....you've already answered.

Forum List

Back