Can Anyone Say Maunder Minimum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link us to some data sets that show much lower temperatures or even a reliable report that states that is the case.

You have been shown this before and you ignored it.

Here it is from UAH6 showing that the Arctic region by the MONTH was much cooler than the misleading one day claims made by Old Rocks.

Your link leads me to global data, not regional or polar data; and that data show warming.

It is right below the chart, you didn't scroll at all?

Here is a sample:

YEAR MO GLOBE NHEM. SHEM. TROPIC USA48 ARCTIC AUST

2018 01 +0.26 +0.46 +0.06 -0.12 +0.58 +1.36 +0.42
2018 02 +0.20 +0.24 +0.16 +0.03 +0.91 +1.19 +0.18
2018 03 +0.24 +0.39 +0.10 +0.06 -0.33 -0.33 +0.59
2018 04 +0.21 +0.31 +0.10 -0.13 -0.01 +1.02 +0.68

You have never seen this set up before?

If I am reading your scramble correctly, the four months of Arctic temperatures were +1.36, +1.19, -0.33 and +1.02. They are the largest anomalies in your data set.

The vertical scale here is the volume of Arctic ice at its seasonal minimum and maximum. This is not an anomaly trend. When that red line hits ZERO, it means NO ICE IN THE ARCTIC.

Yeah... global cooling.

BPIOMASIceVolumeAprSepCurrent.png

Your own chart shows the decline stopped after 2007.

As usual warmists ignores the whole picture here since they fail to realize that TODAYS sea ice cover is well above average for the Holocene.

Carry on.

What the fuck are you talking about? That chart shows ice volume declining through its end in 2017.

You fools have been predicting cooling since the 1970s, yet we have gone 100 years without a cooling cycle. We have warming, then flat, then warming, then flat, then warming. Each new warming cycle begins about where the previous warming cycle left off.

If I am reading your scramble correctly, the four months of Arctic temperatures were +1.36, +1.19, -0.33 and +1.02. They are the largest anomalies in your data set.

Old Rocks made a big deal about a SINGLE day of +5.1C ,while I show that for the MONTH it was +1.19C

It was below freezing the whole time, something you didn't seem to notice.

You fools have been predicting cooling since the 1970s, yet we have gone 100 years without a cooling cycle. We have warming, then flat, then warming, then flat, then warming. Each new warming cycle begins about where the previous warming cycle left off.

You mean the SCIENTISTS along with the media back in the 1960's and 70's were predicting cooling, which really did happen from the 1940's to the 1970's.

You claim is patently false as HadCRut temperature doesn't see it that way

From Dr. Jones BBC Interview showing warming and COOLING phases since the mid 1800's, the chart up to 2009 using HIS data:

Hadley-global-temps-1850-2010-web.jpg

All warming trends similar and well below the AGW mandated Per Decade trend of at least .30C

You mean the SCIENTISTS along with the media back in the 1960's and 70's were predicting cooling, which really did happen from the 1940's to the 1970's.

From Dr. Jones BBC Interview showing warming and COOLING phases since the mid 1800's, the chart up to 2009 using HIS data:

Kinda Cherry picking/Omitting your own devastation aren't you Denier Boy?

YOUR LINK

BBC: E - How confident are you that Warming has taken place and that Humans are mainly responsible?

Jones: I'm 100% confident that the climate has warmed. As to the second question, I would go along with IPCC Chapter 9 - there's evidence that Most of the Warming since the 1950s is due to Human activity.
[......]​

Ooops!
And that is why Sunsettommy HAD to choose to 'ignore' me.
He gets CREAMED in every debate.
`

Last edited:

View attachment 192908
All warming trends similar and well below the AGW mandated Per Decade trend of at least .30C
Notice how the dishonest Right have to change what I said and create a Straw Man to argue against!!!
I said no cooling cycle for the last 100 years and to the Right 100 years ago was 1850. :cuckoo:
Now your OWN chart shows warming, flat, warming over the last 100 years, so thank you for proving me correct.

BTW, your chart clearly was not made by the MetOffice.
Here is the real MetOffice chart;
HadCRUT4.png

View attachment 192908
Notice how the dishonest Right have to change what I said and create a Straw Man to argue against!!!
I said no cooling cycle for the last 100 years and to the Right 100 years ago was 1850. :cuckoo:
Now your OWN chart shows warming, flat, warming over the last 100 years, so thank you for proving me correct.

HadCRUT4.png

Several things leap out at me when I read your misleading post:

1) Dr. Jones was the DIRECTOR of Climatic Research Unit (CRU)

2) The chart I posted was based on HIS data from, HadCrut3 shown in the interview you never read:

"A - Do you agree that according to the global temperature record used by the IPCC, the rates of global warming from 1860-1880, 1910-1940 and 1975-1998 were identical?

An initial point to make is that in the responses to these questions I've assumed that when you talk about the global temperature record, you mean the record that combines the estimates from land regions with those from the marine regions of the world. CRU produces the land component, with the Met Office Hadley Centre producing the marine component.

Temperature data for the period 1860-1880 are more uncertain, because of sparser coverage, than for later periods in the 20th Century. The 1860-1880 period is also only 21 years in length. As for the two periods 1910-40 and 1975-1998 the warming rates are not statistically significantly different (see numbers below).

I have also included the trend over the period 1975 to 2009, which has a very similar trend to the period 1975-1998.

So, in answer to the question, the warming rates for all 4 periods are similar and not statistically significantly different from each other.

Here are the trends and significances for each period:"

red bolding mine

in the 2009 interview he was using Hadcrut3 shown in the chart, where the obvious warming cooling cycles appear.

hadcrut3 1860.png

You never provided the link to your METOFFICE charts. Snicker............

3) you idiotically claimed that the chart I posted shows no cooling periods in them. You are willing to lie to yourself here since those cooling periods are OBVIOUS! The cooling periods from 1880-1900 and 1942-1978 are well known and easily seen in the big chart I posted using HadCrut3 data.

Here straight from the MetOffice website showing a different chart from yours, that make clear there are indeed cooling periods between the warming ones, this time using HadCrut4 data:

MetOffice.png

The 1880-1910 and 1942-1975 cooling periods are obvious on the chart.

You failed once again!

Last edited:

You failed once again!
He did great.
Glad you acknowledge NOAA.

Science publishes new NOAA analysis: Data show No recent slowdown in global warming
June 4, 2015

A new study published online today in the journal Science finds that the rate of global warming during the last 15 years has been as fast as or faster than that seen during the latter half of the 20th Century. The study refutes the notion that there has been a slowdown or "hiatus" in the rate of global warming in recent years.
[......]

no%20slow%20down%20in%20global%20warming.jpg

And that doesn't even include the Accelerating and Scorching warmest Years, 2015 and 2016.
`

Last edited:
The vertical scale here is the volume of Arctic ice at its seasonal minimum and maximum. This is not an anomaly trend. When that red line hits ZERO, it means NO ICE IN THE ARCTIC.

Yeah... global cooling.

BPIOMASIceVolumeAprSepCurrent.png

Your own chart shows the decline stopped after 2007.

As usual warmists ignores the whole picture here since they fail to realize that TODAYS sea ice cover is well above average for the Holocene.

Carry on.

What the fuck are you talking about? That chart shows ice volume declining through its end in 2017.

Try this far better datasite, MASIE that breaks it down, showing that the decline this year are largely dependent on ice that normally melts out every June anyway, which is also OUTSIDE of the Arctic region. If the other regions hold as it is, there will be a marked improvement over last year minimum.

Meanwhile most warmists like you ignore the Holocene as a whole on the level of ice cover. Todays ice cover is actually among the highest level of the last 10,000 years. There were period of time of little to no summer ice of a few THOUSAND years long, the last time was during the MWP time. Polar Bears are still with us, the world still alive and Humans are still alive in it.

CO2 levels were around the 260-280 ppm during all that time.

View attachment 192908

HadCRUT4.png

Several things leap out at me when I read your misleading post:

1) Dr. Jones was the DIRECTOR of Climatic Research Unit (CRU)

2) The chart I posted was based on HIS data from, HadCrut3 shown in the interview you never read:

"A - Do you agree that according to the global temperature record used by the IPCC, the rates of global warming from 1860-1880, 1910-1940 and 1975-1998 were identical?

An initial point to make is that in the responses to these questions I've assumed that when you talk about the global temperature record, you mean the record that combines the estimates from land regions with those from the marine regions of the world. CRU produces the land component, with the Met Office Hadley Centre producing the marine component.

Temperature data for the period 1860-1880 are more uncertain, because of sparser coverage, than for later periods in the 20th Century. The 1860-1880 period is also only 21 years in length. As for the two periods 1910-40 and 1975-1998 the warming rates are not statistically significantly different (see numbers below).

I have also included the trend over the period 1975 to 2009, which has a very similar trend to the period 1975-1998.

So, in answer to the question, the warming rates for all 4 periods are similar and not statistically significantly different from each other.

Here are the trends and significances for each period:"

red bolding mine

in the 2009 interview he was using Hadcrut3 shown in the chart, where the obvious warming cooling cycles appear.

View attachment 192921

You never provided the link to your METOFFICE charts. Snicker............

3) you idiotically claimed that the chart I posted shows no cooling periods in them. You are willing to lie to yourself here since those cooling periods are OBVIOUS! The cooling periods from 1880-1900 and 1942-1978 are well known and easily seen in the big chart I posted using HadCrut3 data.
And there you go lying again. I actually said no cooling cycle the last 100 years, which would NOT include 1880 to 1900, and 1942 to 1978 is more FLAT than cooling to anyone who can see straight. If 1942 to 1978 were truly a cooling cycle rather than a flat cycle the lows of that period would have matched the 1880 to 1900 lows, and they don't. The flatness of that period is obvious in my MetOffice graph with the 5 year running average in solid black which is why you don't like it. And the HadCrut4 data is more accurate, which is why YOU prefer the HadCrut3 data.

Here is the link:
https://crudata.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/HadCRUT4.png

Here straight from the MetOffice website showing a different chart from yours, that make clear there are indeed cooling periods between the warming ones, this time using HadCrut4 data:

View attachment 192923

You failed once again!
Another blind bat who can't see the period from the 40s to the 80s as FLAT. If it was a cooling cycle why didn't the lows match the 1880 to 1910 lows??

You failed once again!
He did great.
Glad you acknowledge NOAA.

Science publishes new NOAA analysis: Data show No recent slowdown in global warming
June 4, 2015

A new study published online today in the journal Science finds that the rate of global warming during the last 15 years has been as fast as or faster than that seen during the latter half of the 20th Century. The study refutes the notion that there has been a slowdown or "hiatus" in the rate of global warming in recent years.
[......]

no%20slow%20down%20in%20global%20warming.jpg

And that doesn't even include the Accelerating and Scorching warmest Years, 2015 and 2016.
`
Posting up the Debunked and shown manufactured Karl Et Al... You have no shame. Again you post up fabricated BS as truth hoping no one will notice..

Please show why the reduction in past temps was justified and why the rise in recent temps is also justified. What reason do you have for tripling the rise rate? What empirical evidence supports or justifies your failed paper?

The HGCR (Historical Global Climate Record) has been so badly twisted and turned by the alarmists that is does not even resemble published records of 2010... The HGCR is in shambles and is now worthless..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back