Leviticus 20:9 NLT
Leviticus 20:10 NLT

Can anyone explain these versus?

Leviticus 20:13 NAB
Exodus 21:15 NAB

I can give you a hint.

The death consequent for violation of divine law is figurative in nature.

so are the sins.

A man having a relationship with another man as if with a woman is not necessarily about sex. I find it extremely perverse to even think that a supreme being could be so puerile.

There are many institutions in society where men have unnatural relations with other men and it has nothing whatsoever to do with sex. The priesthood comes to mind where they swear off natural relations with women and vow subservience to the Pope for life as if they were married...

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Its like this.

If a command of God is to not worship false gods or anything made by human hands and the consequence is death then anyone who worships a false god made by human hands dies in the very day they do it.

The death consequent is not physical death and humans beings are not qualified, capable of, instructed to, or required to enforce the law.

Last edited:

20 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Say to the Israelites:

...13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

...9 “‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

...10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

Exodus 21:15 “Anyone who attacks[c] their father or mother is to be put to death.

Means Jews can't have as much fun as non-Jews. We were 'chosen' to be the priests to the world. As such, we're held to a higher standard of morality than everyone else.

I can give you a hint.

The death consequent for violation of divine law is figurative in nature.

so are the sins.

A man having a relationship with another man as if with a woman is not necessarily about sex. I find it perverse to believe that a supreme being could be so puerile.

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Its like this.

If a command of God is to not worship false gods or anything made by human hands and the consequence is death then anyone who worships a false god made by human hands dies in the very day they do it.

The death consequent is not physical death and humans beings are not qualified, capable of, instructed to, or required to enforce the law.

Uh no. It's not figurative, it's literal. However, Jewish laws have checks and balances just our own modern civil law does. Every death penalty offense requires a trials, testimony of impartial witnesses, etc. Actually executing someone for such sins is consequently extremely difficult as the standard needing to met is very high.

Uh no. It's not figurative, it's literal. However, Jewish laws have checks and balances just our own modern civil law does. Every death penalty offense requires a trials, testimony of impartial witnesses, etc. Actually executing someone for such sins is consequently extremely difficult as the standard needing to met is very high.

A man having a relationship with another man as if with a woman is not necessarily about sex. I find it extremely perverse to even think that a supreme being could be so puerile.

There are many institutions in society where men have unnatural relations with other men and it has nothing whatsoever to do with sex. The priesthood comes to mind where they swear off natural relations with women and vow subservience to the Pope for life as if they were married...

Wouldn't think a supreme being would care who has sex with whom either. But if we open up discussion to what's from this being and what's inserted by Man we'll have an even bigger problem to tackle.

Postign apic yesterday of the 'cosmic web' or known universe, it's difficult to imagine any god who made all that would give a hoot who has sex with whom. :)

"People on Earth are having immoral relations? Earth? Where'd I put Earth?" :)

Wouldn't think a supreme being would care who has sex with whom either. But if we open up discussion to what's from this being and what's inserted by Man we'll have an even bigger problem to tackle.

OK, but, so......

Things are not that difficult to parse out if you know where and how to look. At least not anymore difficult than separating what is edible from what is not.

There are enough not so subtle statements in scripture that there is a deeper meaning, wisdom, teaching, and subjects that are hidden and not necessarily directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used in any given story that would justify at least another harder look into scripture. You don't seem to have anything much better to do with your time.. The position that the bible is the literal word of God has been thoroughly refuted, discredited and abandoned by most intelligent people a very long time ago....why waste your time arguing about what can't be true and what scripture is not about? You might as well argue with the insane or people who base their lives on the story of the three pigs and teach their children that there used to be a time when pigs and wolves could talk. Without a sober knowledge of reality and without discerning the deeper implications of the metaphors and analogies understanding the moral teaching is impossible and lunacy inevitable, especially if also taught that it was evil not to believe..

Any story that contradicts reality or offends the intelligence or morality of the least intelligent or moral human being is like a giant X on a treasure map marking a place where something of great value is buried and hidden.

Can you dig it?

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it buried it again...."

"I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name."

Last edited:
You are one of the funniest "I smear myself with my posts" persons on this website.

You get off on yourself every time you post.

• Yahweh was a homophobe
  • Ultimate enacting of "Spare the rod spoil the child"
  • Same as above
  • I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God
What's your problem?

Postign apic yesterday of the 'cosmic web' or known universe, it's difficult to imagine any god who made all that would give a hoot who has sex with whom. :)

"People on Earth are having immoral relations? Earth? Where'd I put Earth?" :)

Oh it's a no brainer. Garden of Eden with an extra Adam would'nt men fucking each other up the asshole would not begat the human race.

Come on. Supreme being knew that two men fucking each other up their ass and sucking their dicks could give the universe what we know as people.

Ok Adam begat. Oh that's it. From the beginning of time. Men were fucking each others assholes and not producing a child.

Guys are just fucking guys. End Genisis.

By the way, God was smart. Adam and Eve I get a legacy.

Adam and Bob. Whoa geeze pick another freaking planet.

You are one of the funniest "I smear myself with my posts" persons on this website.

You get off on yourself every time you post.

• Yahweh was a homophobe
  • Ultimate enacting of "Spare the rod spoil the child"
  • Same as above
  • I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God
What's your problem?

You've posted a series of replies here that amount to little more than gibberish, and looking at the time you posted them I'd say it was a little early for even you to be drunk, so now you've got me wondering "What's your problem?"

#1 is easy. You fuck someone lovingly up the asshole and you are toast.

No grey.

Funny, real Christian scholars, you know, people who have actually studied the Bible and are not just sunday school dropouts, find a lot of "grey" in the subject.

Like this site here;

The Christian Bible Reference Site - Home Page
The Christian Bible Reference Site is devoted to better understanding the Bible and its messages for the modern world.

I'll give you a little help with what questions these scholars, who are actually knowledgeable and are not just loud foul-mouthed hateful bigots, find in the Bible;

Life was harsh in early Old Testament times. The wanderings and struggle for survival of the Israelites did not permit prisons or rehabilitation. Anyone who deviated seriously from the norm was either stoned to death or exiled. The Old Testament prescribed the death penalty for the crimes of murder, attacking or cursing a parent, kidnapping, failure to confine a dangerous animal resulting in death, witchcraft and sorcery, sex with an animal, doing work on the Sabbath, incest, adultery, homosexual acts, prostitution by a priest's daughter, blasphemy, false prophecy, perjury in capital cases and false claim of a woman's virginity at the time of marriage.
It must be emphasized that, according to the New Testament, we are no longer under the harsh Old Testament Law (John 1:16-17, Romans 8:1-3, 1 Corinthians 9:20-21). The concern with punishment is now secondary to Jesus' message of repentance and redemption. Both reward and punishment are seen as properly taking place in eternity, rather than in this life.

It is often pointed out that there was no concept of a loving, consensual same-sex relationship in Biblical times. Neither was there an awareness of an innate sexual preference. Homosexual acts were viewed as a violation of the "holiness code" of Leviticus which separated the Israelites from the conduct of the pagan peoples of the world7. So the question arises whether consensual homosexual acts violate Bible teachings, or were the Bible passages intended to apply only to homosexual acts involving idolatry, rape, prostitution or pederasty?

Even if consensual homosexual acts are not specifically addressed, would they be prohibited under the more general prohibition against "fornication" or "sexual immorality?" (Matthew 15:18-20, Mark 7:20-23, Galatians 5:19-21) The Bible never gives a list of exactly what acts are considered immoral, so there is no definite answer to this question.

Is the husband-wife model desirable for everyone (Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:4-5, Mark 10:6-8), or not (Matthew 19:10-12, 1 Corinthians 7:7-9)?

Is the New Testament prohibition against homosexual acts an important spiritual law for all times? Or was it more just a warning against creating a scandal by violating the cultural norms of that time in history, as in the case of slavery (1 Corinthians 7:21-22, Ephesians 6:5-6), the role of women (1 Corinthians 14:33-35), dress (1 Corinthians 11:4-7), etc.?

Are homosexual acts especially serious sins, as suggested by Leviticus 20:13? Or are they relatively minor sins because they were not mentioned in the Ten Commandments or by Jesus, and there are only 7 other mentions in the Bible? (In comparison, the sin of hatred is mentioned 21 times, lying and false testimony 30, greed, avarice and covetousness 40, theft 42, adultery 52, murder 57, self-righteousness 79, and idolatry 169 times.)

Is a consensual homosexual relationship any more abominable to God than the worldliness and other sins that we are all guilty of? (Matthew 5:21-22, 5:27-28, 6:24-25, Mark 7:20-23, Luke 17:26-27, Colossians 3:2, 1 Timothy 6:10, 2 Timothy 3:2-7, Hebrews 13:5, etc.)
Our answers to these questions tend to be strongly influenced by our personal feelings about homosexuality. But, if we are sincere about using the Bible for guidance, we must not assume that the Bible passages on homosexuality support our own conservative or liberal viewpoints. Instead, we must put aside our own ideas, feelings and fears and prayerfully seek the truth".

Of course we all know that your hate of homosexuals has nothing
to do with the Bible or any religion, especially Christianity. (On second thought your hateful bigotry might agree with the fanatical Islamic extremists who would gladly sever homosexual's heads along with multitudes of others on their hate list)

That your childishly simplistic black and white judgement does not allow for shades of grey is not surprising. People of limited intellectual ability have to keep things simple in order not to be overwhelmed by the real world.

You've posted a series of replies here that amount to little more than gibberish, and looking at the time you posted them I'd say it was a little early for even you to be drunk, so now you've got me wondering "What's your problem?"

I suspect that her rant is an expression of self loathing because she probably has done and still does all of the very same sexual acts that she reviles homosexuals for doing.

You know, as she so eloquently puts it, "sucking dicks and taking it up the ass."

Last edited:
The Greek word for jealous can also mean zealous, which gives this passage a very different meaning.

Good point. The word used in the original language has a meaning closer to 'passionately devoted' than our definition of jealousy, which would alter the meaning conveyed to God is a passionately devoted God {to those who are devoted to him.}

Forum List

Back