Can a person sincerely be a conservative American and also participate in the attacks on Trump?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I have to say no. Not anymore.

On August 7, 2022, I would have said yes. It was possible that a person with conservative views, who only followed the mainstream media would think that the endless investigations of Trump were legitimate, and that Congress only failed to convict Trump at his two impeachment trials due to partisanship. If you only read headlines, and watch the very short television news (compared to newpapers and text media), it was possible to think, 'that Trump is a jerk who makes the GOP look bad. I'll be glad when he's gone so we can have real conservatives in charge again.'

On August 8th, the anti-Trumpers revealed themselves as the fascists they are in a way that no one can claim to still be ignorant of. If you are still joining in with the Trump bashing, you are throwing your lot in with the worst anti-Americans to ever come into power in the United States so far. They hate Trump more than they love America, at least as a democratic republic. No matter your view on this or that con vs. prog issue, the first step is to restore that democratic republic by bringing the entrenched security state under control, and make votes count fairly again.

If you think Liz Cheney is the kind of Republican you can get behind, then you are equally behind Adam Schiff and Jamie Raskin. You have been for a while, but now you cannot claim not to know it.

There is no conservatism. It is constantly pushed as a propaganda tool by the Progs and elites and many Republicans themselves.

It's attitudes like this that drove me away from the Republican party, and from the looks of things, that's what's driving many independents away from the party as well, even though they don't necessarily consider themselves progressive.

I've never been a solid conservative but there was a time when I'd gladly vote R if I didn't like what was on the Democratic menu and did so slightly more than half of the time at one point. But that was when I believed that there was a political center and that Republicans weren't disproportionately influenced by stupid-ass right wing windbags like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

You don't understand: you'll probably get no more than 30% of the country that agrees with the above. That's it. That's your ceiling. You'll have to hope that Democrats shit the bed so badly that voters just stay home.

On August 7, 2022, I would have said yes. It was possible that a person with conservative views, who only followed the mainstream media would think that the endless investigations of Trump were legitimate, and that Congress only failed to convict Trump at his two impeachment trials due to partisanship. If you only read headlines, and watch the very short television news (compared to newpapers and text media), it was possible to think, 'that Trump is a jerk who makes the GOP look bad. I'll be glad when he's gone so we can have real conservatives in charge again.'

On August 8th, the anti-Trumpers revealed themselves as the fascists they are in a way that no one can claim to still be ignorant of. If you are still joining in with the Trump bashing, you are throwing your lot in with the worst anti-Americans to ever come into power in the United States so far. They hate Trump more than they love America, at least as a democratic republic. No matter your view on this or that con vs. prog issue, the first step is to restore that democratic republic by bringing the entrenched security state under control, and make votes count fairly again.

If you think Liz Cheney is the kind of Republican you can get behind, then you are equally behind Adam Schiff and Jamie Raskin. You have been for a while, but now you cannot claim not to know it.
I'm conservative and I vote for democrats. Cheney is a republican and I don't agree with her views, but I admire her on the Jan 6th committee. There are many conservatives that vote for democrats.

So you think being conservative is no longer about principles and ideology but about loyalty and adoration of one man??

Wow. Cult.

No, you cannot attack Trump and call yourself a conservative. The man governed as the most conservative president in the past 100 years. If you oppose his views, you are NOT a conservative. And if you vote Democrat in national elections because you hate Trump, you are essentially a leftwing puke.

Organizationally, the anti-Trumpers are nothing more than leftwing minions. The Lincoln Project which advertised themselves as "conservatives who oppose Trump" revealed their true colors when they opposed the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett for the high court. This had nothing to do with Trump, yet they still opposed this strong conservative woman. Then we come to find out the Lincoln Project is funded by Soros and other leftwing billionaires.

Last edited:

First, I would say that the constant grotesque attacks on Trump by the MSM, Neo-cons and Dems offered him immense political protection ironically enough, especially after the illogical and preposterous "Russia, Russia" Investigation for two years, in which he was cleared.

The issue now is bigger than Trump, the perpetual assault against him assured this. So, if his policies are still popular, if he remains outspoken about the border and U.S enemies and allies around the world who aren't operating in Americas interests, he can add on the benefit he will receive for fighting for basic U.S constitutional protections that should be afforded all citizens.

It's difficult for Americans to not observe the last six years and wonder "am I being hoodwinked by political Establishment creatures"?

The correct question is....

Can a person sincerely be a conservative American and also participate in the support for Trump?​

So you think being conservative is no longer about principles and ideology but about loyalty and adoration of one man??

Wow. Cult.
Nope.

Don't have to adore him or be loyal to him.

But if you believe in America as a democratic republic, you would condemn the way Trump is being treated. If not, not.

You’re easily swayed! We should care what you say, why? You don’t seem to have the insight to realize you love Trump more than you love America, yet are willing spread the blame to those who do. Trump is just a man. To exalt him as a defender of freedom is exactly what fascistic leaders want. That’s when they can get away with just about anything. I hope enough voters realize this and nip his return in the bud by rejecting his hand-picked candidates.

That neither I nor any conservative I know ever made.

Liberals believe that the FBI should be above the law, so long as their target is Donald Trump.

I support dismantling the FBI but some sort of law enforcement has the right to address someone taking things that do not belong to them.

What is your answer, and how do you support it?

My answer is that Trump is far from being a Conservative. He holds a few conservative social views, some of which he just "found" when he choose to run as a Repub.

If being a Conservative means believing in smaller government and less spending, then supporting Trump is really no different than supporting Biden

That neither I nor any conservative I know ever made.

Liberals believe that the FBI should be above the law, so long as their target is Donald Trump.

From FoxNews...

Checks and balances on search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago home and resort display limited government at its best

Legal process around Mar-a-Lago search reflects a justice system working properly

Anti Trump Republicans have existed since he announced his candidacy in 2015-16. George H W Bush, George Bush and many who worked for Reagan were against Trump becoming President to the point where they asked Republicans to vote for Hilary.

Those are all conservative Republicans who have followed the Lincoln Republican point of view.

Now, you seem to want to put a set date when all of those Republicans, plus many who worked for Trump himself and had voted for him but left the administration before it ended in a special class of conservatives.

Cheney and Kinzinger are the kind of Republicans who have followed the oath to uphold the constitution and the rule of law they took when they came into office. And yes, that is exactly the kind of Americans Schiff and Raskin, and Thompson and many other Democrats are. They swore on the Bible when they took office that they would uphold the Constitution and the Rule of Law, and continue to this day to do so.

August 8th is a non day, except for it being around election days and Trump maybe seeing his opportunity to rile his supporters and others to go vote for Republican candidates, and also......make about a million dollars, as he managed to do so far.

There is a lot so many Americans do not know, yet, but we will all find out in the coming days and weeks, as to what exactly Trump may be responsible for, or not, about all the documents which should have never been at Mar O Lago after he left office. Classified and Top Secret documents are not the property of any President or ex President, they belong to the US government and belong in the National Archives after they leave office.

Are you patient? Are we all in the search for the truth?

I know I am. I will be patient from now until the final conclusion, whatever the results come from this Judge on Thursday and anything else which may happen afterwards.

Forum List

Back