Calling all Catholics.

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
There is no separation of church and state. You had better wake up and vote to prevent the Government from issuing you ultimatums to change your policy to a more worldly one, or shut down.
Listen to the one that will help Hillary do just that:

Kaine also added that, if all else fails, “there are ways of making the Catholic Church listen to the voice of reason,” which is how he dubbed all those who advocate LGBT equality. “At the end of the day, you know, we’re a civilized people, of course the first thing we’ll do is act nicely and ask nicely,” he said. “Then, if that doesn’t work, we’ll use our law and our legal system to enable ourselves to be who we are, or rather the LBGT community will do that – and it has. The Supreme Court’s ruling on same-sex marriage was a crucial milestone in our legal system that proves it works, it actually functions.”

“So, what I’m saying here,” he argued, “is that, while I respect the Catholic Church as I’m sure millions of Americans do, you know, at some point it is going to start acting contrary to the Christian faith, and we’re talking about an institution that’s supposed to be the first one on the front line defending it. So, when that happens, and that’s what’s happening with condemning LGBT rights, we’ll state an ultimatum. The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America. And yes – the President of the country can do that.

There is no separation of church and state. You had better wake up and vote to prevent the Government from issuing you ultimatums to change your policy to a more worldly one, or shut down.

Kaine also added that, if all else fails, “there are ways of making the Catholic Church listen to the voice of reason,” which is how he dubbed all those who advocate LGBT equality. “At the end of the day, you know, we’re a civilized people, of course the first thing we’ll do is act nicely and ask nicely,” he said. “Then, if that doesn’t work, we’ll use our law and our legal system to enable ourselves to be who we are, or rather the LBGT community will do that – and it has. The Supreme Court’s ruling on same-sex marriage was a crucial milestone in our legal system that proves it works, it actually functions.”

“So, what I’m saying here,” he argued, “is that, while I respect the Catholic Church as I’m sure millions of Americans do, you know, at some point it is going to start acting contrary to the Christian faith, and we’re talking about an institution that’s supposed to be the first one on the front line defending it. So, when that happens, and that’s what’s happening with condemning LGBT rights, we’ll state an ultimatum. The United States of America, more precisely, the future President of the United States of America, Hillary Clinton, will state an ultimatum. And that ultimatum will be to either change its stance on same-sex marriage or pack its bags and get out of America. And yes – the President of the country can do that.

I saw Megyn Kelly and others discussing that tonight. Had to do with some of the emails.

Oh I am sorry. I think I am talking about something different.

Ah --- now I get it.

From another story on the site:
>> The UK Government recently announced that it planned to build a 13ft wall in Calais, in an effort to stop refugees from crossing the channel.

“People are still getting through,” immigration minister Robert Goodwill warned the Home Affairs Select Committee.

“We have done the fence, now we are doing the wall.” << :rofl:

I've been at that border crossing. But I was an "undocumented worker" in the country I was coming from (France).

The catholic church will never accept homosexual men, but has always accepted homosexual women.

Nothing has changed and nothing will. ;)

Be a big person and delete this.

The Irish Ram I really like you, but this is COMPLETE fabrication. The Catholic church is no where near changing it's stance on gay marriage.

It's just another bloody media and political distraction from the lesbian grooming rings in our schools and MASSIVE catastrophic immigration.

As Kat said, it was in one of the emails. There have also been posts here on this topic. Some are calling it Catholic Spring. The gist of the email, as I recall, was that Catholics are just too Catholic and not willing to bend in their beliefs. They must be well, reeducated. For instance, they must see that it's OK to kill babies even though God commands us not to murder. Catholics need to drop this notion of God's law and get with the program, ya know?

According to Kaine they will come around to his way of thinking.
Here is how they will "come around" according to his running mate:

"Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper. Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed."

There is no separation of church and state. The Church is under attack by our government, and good old George Soros.
Catholics in Alliance is a front for George Soros, the billionaire who supports abortion-on-demand and other public policy initiatives that are anathema to the Catholic Church. The $650,000 he gifted to the Pope didn't hurt either......
Catholics had better wake the hell up, before they become the State Church.

As Kat said, it was in one of the emails. There have also been posts here on this topic. Some are calling it Catholic Spring. The gist of the email, as I recall, was that Catholics are just too Catholic and not willing to bend in their beliefs. They must be well, reeducated. For instance, they must see that it's OK to kill babies even though God commands us not to murder. Catholics need to drop this notion of God's law and get with the program, ya know?

Funny then that there's STILL no link to it. Doncha think?

Archbishop Chaput wrote a column yesterday regarding the emails. Here are some snippets.

"Back in 2008, in the weeks leading up to the Obama-McCain presidential election, two young men visited me in Denver. They were from Catholics United, a group describing itself as committed to social justice issues. They voiced great concern at the manipulative skill of Catholic agents for the Republican Party. And they hoped my brother bishops and I would resist identifying the Church with single-issue and partisan (read: abortion) politics.

It was an interesting experience. Both men were obvious flacks for the Obama campaign and the Democratic Party — creatures of a political machine, not men of the Church; less concerned with Catholic teaching than with its influence. And presumably (for them) bishops were dumb enough to be used as tools, or at least prevented from helping the other side.
But bad can always get worse. I’m thinking, of course, of the contemptuously anti-Catholic emails exchanged among members of the Clinton Democratic presidential campaign team and released this week by WikiLeaks. A sample: Sandy Newman, president of Voices for Progress, emailed John Podesta, now the head of Hillary Clinton’s campaign, to ask about whether “the bishops opposing contraceptive coverage” could be the tinder for a revolution. “There needs to be a Catholic Spring, in which Catholics themselves demand the end of a middle ages [sic] dictatorship,” Newman writes.

Of course it would be wonderful for the Clinton campaign to repudiate the content of these ugly WikiLeaks emails. All of us backward-thinking Catholics who actually believe what Scripture and the Church teach would be so very grateful.

In the meantime, a friend describes the choice facing voters in November this way: A vulgar, boorish lout and disrespecter of women, with a serious impulse control problem; or a scheming, robotic liar with a lifelong appetite for power and an entourage riddled with anti-Catholic bigots."

full column here
About those unthinking, backward Catholics

Forum List

Back