Bus Driver To Kids:"Are You Ready To Die?"

You know, watching the news coverage and seeing the curve in the road, as well as how the bus ended up in the tree, he was going way too fast.

Apparently, now school buses also have black boxes and can tell what happened. From the looks of it, this dude is gonna end up in a bad place for a long time.

The article said his license was suspended in September. What was he doing driving that bus? What a nightmare! Who was in charge of hiring this person?

If this is true then he needs to have the indictment upped to First Degree murder, tried, and if convicted..... flayed...

I have always wondered why school busses don't have seat belts. Does that make any sense at all?

I have always wondered why school busses don't have seat belts. Does that make any sense at all?
Would the kids put them on? Should there be a bar that locks into place when the bus starts? Would their books and such get in the way of the bar?

Yes. In the event that there is an accident, and the driver is killed, or incapacitated; the children need to be able to self evac. When I was a wee one we practiced bus evacuation drills for this specific reason

Would the kids put them on? Should there be a bar that locks into place when the bus starts? Would their books and such get in the way of the bar?
What? You think it better to let them rattle around like a bb in a boxcar? They put them on when they get in the family car don't they?

The article said his license was suspended in September. What was he doing driving that bus? What a nightmare! Who was in charge of hiring this person?
What do you expect? there's no money in the budget to pay these school bus drivers much less screen for the best people. Starting wages are around $10.00 per hour.

What? You think it better to let them rattle around like a bb in a boxcar? They put them on when they get in the family car don't they?
Yes, but are the seats made for two when three kids sit in them? I just don't know the answer. I hope the reason they don't have them is cost.

What do you expect? there's no money in the budget to pay these school bus drivers much less screen for the best people. Starting wages are around $10.00 per hour.
That still doesn't mean he shouldn't have been vetted better than he was. There should be a sign on the bus..."If I am not driving safely, call this number and report. Changes have to be made.

That still doesn't mean he shouldn't have been vetted better than he was. There should be a sign on the bus..."If I am not driving safely, call this number and report. Changes have to be made.
Whos going to pay for it?

Wouldn't you agree to an increase in property tax to insure the safety of the children?

Wouldn't you agree to an increase in property tax to insure the safety of the children?
you want to raise taxes?

I guess the thinking is that a bus that large shouldn't be going that fast, so carelessly anyhow. Even still judging by those pictures... It may have gotten more killed, had the bus been equipped with seatbelts...

If he doesn't tell them, who's going to check that? It only happened two months ago and most office workers have a set amount of work they are already doing for the company. They get into their daily routine and don't think "Oh maybe we should check out the license reports" which that also goes to the reporting agency. Who's in charge of making the reports? With 5 dead kids, every decision these workers made will be under scrutiny.

Plus, this is just word of mouth and unless there is audio on the bus, I doubt we'll know the truth.

Forum List

Back