Burger King sued over false adverts of the Whopper

Back to The Whopper..they used to be a lot bigger.

I'd say about 8" diameter and almost an inch thick, then they started shrinking them, and adding lots of veggies and then shrinking them some more. No idea what size they are now.

Then you didn't watch a modern shoot. They don't use real food because real food changes under lights and over time. They use plastic pieces sized and painted very precisely to look the very best and stay that way for as long as the photographer needs. Basically, you couldn't eat the burgers you see in the pictures.

They always look good on TV. Nice and pink and juicy.

But in person, they’re kind of gray and dry.

Apparently the ads are nothing like the product you are served.

Of course not. There is an entire industry of professionals who do nothing but arrange food stuffs to look their very best down to the drop of catsup then take gorgeous pictures of it to make you want to eat their product! It's a form of psych-ops.

And no, what you get served doesn't even come close and that is wrong. It should at least be comparable or equivalent. Sadly, Burger King are not really the ones in the wrong here but the government which sides with deceptive advertising.

The government ought to require pictures of food being served to actually represent what you might actually be served.

Most people, if they saw a picture of what companies DO serve you, wouldn't want to order it much less eat it.

So you see, the government is complicit in both permitting as well as promoting fake food (all the FDA approved crap full of chemicals out there) as well as letting businesses slide on what they really serve compared to what they advertise as their product.

Foodwise, if car companies were allowed to operate like food franchises, they could promise you a 4WD Tesla and deliver a Yugo with a bent axle.

Yuk.
The last Slopper I had was 15 years ago and looked nothing like the picture.
Couldn't even finish it, it was so bad.
Burger King was good decades ago when I was younger, but at the cost of a meal now, would rather pay a few more bucks and get a real burger.

Last edited:
Yuk.
Couldn't even finish it, it was so bad.
Burger King was good decades ago when I was younger, but at the cost of a meal now, would rather pay a few more bucks and getva real burger.
Eating food produced by people that want to depopulate earth probably isn't a good idea.

Of course not. There is an entire industry of professionals who do nothing but arrange food stuffs to look their very best down to the drop of catsup then take gorgeous pictures of it to make you want to eat their product! It's a form of psych-ops.

And no, what you get served doesn't even come close and that is wrong. It should at least be comparable or equivalent. Sadly, Burger King are not really the ones in the wrong here but the government which sides with deceptive advertising.

The government ought to require pictures of food being served to actually represent what you might actually be served.

Most people, if they saw a picture of what companies DO serve you, wouldn't want to order it much less eat it.

So you see, the government is complicit in both permitting as well as promoting fake food (all the FDA approved crap full of chemicals out there) as well as letting businesses slide on what they really serve compared to what they advertise as their product.

Foodwise, if car companies were allowed to operate like food franchises, they could promise you a 4WD Tesla and deliver a Yugo with a bent axle.

So, you haven't tried the Black Reparations Whopper yet?
Made with the dust of an actual, exhumed former pre-Civil War slave?
You know, to provide equity against all of those White Privileged Whoppers?

https://www.pennlive.com/resizer/L6X37rrHn74pmem5jFpHJMGvcyA=/1280x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/image.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/width2048/img/food/photo/halloween-whopper-f7ee9c73834123a1.jpg

IM2

Who still eats that crap? Here have a chunk of antibiotics and growth hormones.

Supposedly if you complain that it does not look like the commercial, they will have to make it look like that.

Forum List

Back