Burger King sued over false adverts of the Whopper

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

1693409372472.png

Apparently the ads are nothing like the product you are served. On the whole I agree with this. but it is well nigh impossible to recreate the picture in the restaurnt. Ive never had one that looks like that picture.

Burger King is far superior to Macdonalds although the whopper can be hard work when you start eating it. It tends to fall apart. The colonels chicken sandwich suffers the same fate.

View attachment 822463
Apparently the ads are nothing like the product you are served. On the whole I agree with this. but it is well nigh impossible to recreate the picture in the restaurnt. Ive never had one that looks like that picture.

Burger King is far superior to Macdonalds although the whopper can be hard work when you start eating it. It tends to fall apart. The colonels chicken sandwich suffers the same fate.
We are talking about important stuff here.
Courts probably are trying to fill their dockets because actual crime is no longer filling the dockets

This is common practice.

I've ordered burgers from fast food joint before and told them to make it look like the picture on the menu. I usually doesn't.

This is common practice.

I've ordered burgers from fast food joint before and told them to make it look like the picture on the menu. I usually doesn't.
I watched a photo session for a marketing picture once. It involved a blow torch to ensure that the cheese melted in just the right way around the peppers. BK staff have no chance of creating that level of detail.

A BBC scoop? Who sues over stuff like that? Everything is smaller in the U.K.

Yikes! I thought I was in an alternate universe when I went to England and, in the midst of a lot of the stereotypical English food, I had a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and an order of fries at the Liverpool McDonalds and thought I was back in the USA! What a weird experience eating totally American food in England!

And sitting on the wrong side of the car while doing so!

Yikes! I thought I was in an alternate universe when I went to England and, in the midst of a lot of the stereotypical English food, I had a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and an order of fries at the Liverpool McDonalds and thought I was back in the USA! What a weird experience eating totally American food in England!

And sitting on the wrong side of the car while doing so!

Compared to English food, a Quarter pounder is a filet mignon. Their food sucks.

Still the best big name burger of any fast food place...Damn, it is Whopper Wednesdsy today
Agreed. This thread is BS. I saw a segment on Johnny Carson back in the day and his guest was a person that prepared food for those photos. I can tell you, you would not want to eat the food in that photo. This guest prepared a burger for a photo. The meat was browned with torch, they sprayed aerosols on it, etc etc. The real thing will never look like that.

Compared to English food, a Quarter pounder is a filet mignon. Their food sucks.

I ate it for a month and agree, with two exceptions. On the evening of my arrival, we dined at a very tony medieval inn and the medallions of wild boar were fabulous, and on the evening before I left, we ate at another nicer restaurant and I had a lovely starter of Irish Sea mussels followed by a reasonably good pasta Carbonara, and a Sticky Richard for pudding. The rest of the time was a blur of mystery meat steak pie and such.

The highlight was the American Thanksgiving-style turkey dinner that my hosts requested that I cook, and they gobbled down as if they were starving beasts.

It is false advertising, obviously, but reasonable people know that you are not going to get something that looks exactly like the picture.

My pet peeve is Subway. You go in and point to a picture and say, "Give me one of those," and they won't do it. YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE everything on the sandwich, as well as the type of roll that it is prepared with. They should prepare it as shown in the picture, and give you the option of deviating if you want to.

I have to admit that when I was traveling in Europe on business I frequently went to American fast food chains (and clones thereof) rather than pay three times as much in a - let's say - German restaurant and not get what I want. And the only place I was able to get a "salad" in Europe was in one of those places. Europeans have no fucking idea what a salad is, or why anyone would want to eat one.

I watched a photo session for a marketing picture once. It involved a blow torch to ensure that the cheese melted in just the right way around the peppers. BK staff have no chance of creating that level of detail.
Then you didn't watch a modern shoot. They don't use real food because real food changes under lights and over time. They use plastic pieces sized and painted very precisely to look the very best and stay that way for as long as the photographer needs. Basically, you couldn't eat the burgers you see in the pictures.

Forum List

Back