[Bring it on, you Americans] About Ho Chi Minh

No he didn't, you gnat.

You'd better point out where the WND were.

That has no bearing on your inaccurate statement, fool.

Sorry, much of Bush's excuse for invading a country that was no threat to America was WMD and how Saddam could attack American targets.
Of course, Saddam never did and did not have the weapons anyway.
As for the American targets, they were American military bases that surrounded Iraq.

That has no bearing on your inaccurate statement, fool.

Sorry, much of Bush's excuse for invading a country that was no threat to America .

Misleading, AND still has no bearing on your inaccurate statement, fool.

I see it is totally pointless bothering with anything you post.
You have no clue, no valid points to make so rely totally on idiotic insults in some pathetic attempt to make yourself look like you have a point.

Sorry, much of Bush's excuse for invading a country that was no threat to America .

Misleading, AND still has no bearing on your inaccurate statement, fool.

I see it is totally pointless bothering with anything you post.
You have no clue, no valid points to make so rely totally on idiotic insults in some pathetic attempt to make yourself look like you have a point.

I could have predicted that before you started.

Meet Captain Gainsay-Troll.

I just has re-read a few discussions about Ho Chi Minh and I am very upset (and angry too) :mad:. You Americans keep babbling about he is a dictator, commie, USA's enemy, blah blah blah.

How was he a dictator? He was selected as the president in a nationwide election. Even after he become the president, he didn't abuse his position for his personal interests. While being the president, he lived in a small wooden house , unlike the big wealthy palace of US president:eusa_whistle:.

And there is nothing wrong with communism at that time. While the world was ruled by Western capitalist-greedy colonists, the communism is light of hope for the oppressed poor people :confused:.

And USA's enemy? You Americans betrayed us after 1945, you helped the Frenchs, you fighted against us in the Battle of Dien Bien Phu, you sponsored a puppet government in South, you teared the Geneva Treaty up, you sent your troops to our land to kill our people, you used Orange Agent on our country. Who is who enemy here? :doubt:

He was a great leader who helped successfully repel French invaders then American invaders too. Vietnam won as home-defenders often do. When you're defending your homeland and have no where to retreat to, you tend to fight harder than an invading force. Many of whom don't wanna be there in the first place.

They won, we lost. One would hope we learn from mistakes like that, but in America's case it doesn't seem like we do as per Iraq, Afganistan, and who knows what else ahead.

I have no problem with Vietnam. they have "favored nation" trading status with us, and the shirts that I own that they made are good quality. A couple of my friends died over there, but, as far as I am concerned, they were killed by LBJ and Nixon.

I don't and the vast majority of Vietnam vets I know do not consider that we "won that war."

We got our butts kicked - but not by the VC or the Northern Regulars. It was the American Peacenicks and their butt-sucking politicians, backed by the media, that made the lives we lost there a joke and blot on American history.

As we've been doing ever since, we get people to come to us for support, make them all sorts of promises, and then hang them out to dry. Just ask the Muong. Or any other number of peoples who looked to us for support and got screwed.

:(

I just has re-read a few discussions about Ho Chi Minh and I am very upset (and angry too) :mad:. You Americans keep babbling about he is a dictator, commie, USA's enemy, blah blah blah.

How was he a dictator? He was selected as the president in a nationwide election. Even after he become the president, he didn't abuse his position for his personal interests. While being the president, he lived in a small wooden house , unlike the big wealthy palace of US president:eusa_whistle:.

And there is nothing wrong with communism at that time. While the world was ruled by Western capitalist-greedy colonists, the communism is light of hope for the oppressed poor people :confused:.

And USA's enemy? You Americans betrayed us after 1945, you helped the Frenchs, you fighted against us in the Battle of Dien Bien Phu, you sponsored a puppet government in South, you teared the Geneva Treaty up, you sent your troops to our land to kill our people, you used Orange Agent on our country. Who is who enemy here? :doubt:

Had you brought up this topic 45 years ago when I was there, I would gladly have answered you at that time.
Now, after all these years, I don't see that it makes much sense to debate what were our nation's foreign policies of that era.

Last edited:

Had you brought up this topic 45 years ago when I was there, I would gladly have answered you at that time.
Now, after all these years, I don't see that it makes much sense to debate what were our nation's foreign policies of that era.

Part of Communist propaganda is to keep the local population discontent of the past so as to distract from the reality of today. the Chinese do this with respect to the Sino-Japanese War, the North Koreans do this with respect to the Korean War, and the Vietnamese does this with respect to the French/United States. If they can keep their people in a constant fury of hate toward the West they can continue to divert attention from their failed state in the present.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMXAyCv_MbQ]Stanley Kubrick: Full Metal Jacket / Acéllövedék [1987] - Menetelés - YouTube[/ame]

I did not even need to click on the video. Knew exactly what it was. Ho Chi Minh is indeed a son of a bitch.

Part of Communist propaganda is to keep the local population discontent of the past so as to distract from the reality of today. the Chinese do this with respect to the Sino-Japanese War, the North Koreans do this with respect to the Korean War, and the Vietnamese does this with respect to the French/United States. If they can keep their people in a constant fury of hate toward the West they can continue to divert attention from their failed state in the present.

I believe you're right. That's the only logical explanation I can think of for such a ridiculous and idiotic OP.

Minh might have won the hearts and minds of the liberal elite and the liberal media but we kicked his freaking ass on the battlefield. Ho Chi Minh was defeated after Tet but chairman Walter Cronkite convinced the democrat fool in the White House to throw in the towel. Nixon was forced by the democrat majority to abandon the Vietnamese to face murder and imprisonment at the hands of the communist hoard.

To my disgrace, I had to read up on the guy to find out more of his history.
His war was against French colonial rule so I see little there to disagree with.

He seriously knackered the French and, when it came to America's turn, they had to resort to mass murder of civilians in a bootless attempt to remove him.
However, I must condemn his mass imprisonment and/or murder of his political opposition.
That was clearly wrong.

It does amuse me how many Americans think they won in Vietnam and make silly excuses for getting their arses kicked by people they consider inferior.

It amuses me that Indo-fans think they won when they lost every freaking major battle in Vietnam. The only thing the V.C. won was the hearts and minds of the democrat party (which was easy) and the liberal media. Walter Cronkite turned the victory of Tet into a defeat and the fool in the White House cried in front of the cameras and surrendered.

Minh might have won the hearts and minds of the liberal elite and the liberal media but we kicked his freaking ass on the battlefield. Ho Chi Minh was defeated after Tet but chairman Walter Cronkite convinced the democrat fool in the White House to throw in the towel. Nixon was forced by the democrat majority to abandon the Vietnamese to face murder and imprisonment at the hands of the communist hoard.

To my disgrace, I had to read up on the guy to find out more of his history.
His war was against French colonial rule so I see little there to disagree with.

He seriously knackered the French and, when it came to America's turn, they had to resort to mass murder of civilians in a bootless attempt to remove him.
However, I must condemn his mass imprisonment and/or murder of his political opposition.
That was clearly wrong.

It does amuse me how many Americans think they won in Vietnam and make silly excuses for getting their arses kicked by people they consider inferior.

It amuses me that Indo-fans think they won when they lost every freaking major battle in Vietnam. The only thing the V.C. won was the hearts and minds of the democrat party (which was easy) and the liberal media. Walter Cronkite turned the victory of Tet into a defeat and the fool in the White House cried in front of the cameras and surrendered.

Let me see.
America involved itself in a war with a country that was no possible danger to America.
No one in Vietnam had never attacked America; you were interfering to stop a local political group you didn't like.
You lost 58,000 men with no gain at all, and no possible gain to America, even if you'd won.

America, whilst clearly winning battles because of superior technology and carpet bombing, had absolutely no chance of winning the war.
All you were going to do is lose a lot more people, fighting for nothing.

You were forced to withdraw because the new president, and many of the people, knew it was a for ever war and you had absolutely nothing to gain.

Immigration numbers tell a better story, over 1,000,000 immigrants from Vietnam to the USA

Immigration is not just numbers, its also the story of how people risked there life to flee Vietnam, stories of people who actually died, were shot, murdered, by the Communist Leaders of Vietnam.

So why would a Vietnamese man risk his life to come the USA, does he not know the truth, they live under Communist rule yet would rather die trying to flee.

The fact is we were the good guys, before, during, and after the Vietnam war. Millions of immigrants attest to that fact.

Immigration numbers tell a better story, over 1,000,000 immigrants from Vietnam to the USA

Immigration is not just numbers, its also the story of how people risked there life to flee Vietnam, stories of people who actually died, were shot, murdered, by the Communist Leaders of Vietnam.

So why would a Vietnamese man risk his life to come the USA, does he not know the truth, they live under Communist rule yet would rather die trying to flee.

The fact is we were the good guys, before, during, and after the Vietnam war. Millions of immigrants attest to that fact.

If deliberately shooting unarmed civilians, carpet bombing and using napalm on children is being the good guy, I'd hate to meet the evil bastards.

Forum List

Back