Bribery is a loser

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.
Yeah, the minute they start trying to move the goalposts, you know they're getting nervous.

They pretty much HAVE to impeach at this point, don't they? I'd think if they back out they're damn near throwing in the towel for 2020 by handing Trump an out.

I can't imagine Pelosi would have let it get this far without being pretty sure they had some meat here. Maybe Schiff & Co. let her astray a bit?
she has to know that the senate won’t convict and if they get the trail they are going to drag it out on their terms right in the heart of the campaign... how do you see that playing out?
Well, I think you're right, that would play to their advantage, I'd imagine.

Wild guess here: I doubt that this story is interesting or important enough for many Americans (myself included) to give two shits about. Those who are either for or against Trump aren't going to change their minds on him over this. The Democrats might just be trying to sway a few independents their way for 2020.

I am far from a Trump supporter, however I need to call out yet another misstep from the Democrats. I posted about how Obstruction was a losing argument after the Mueller Report was released and now I see them doing it again with the Bribery claim.

I get that Bribery is in the constitution so they want to draw a simple and direct line with their charges for impeachment but what Trump did and what the context of bribery in the constitution is are two different things. By their definition, politicians and all past presidents commit bribery in the course of their foreign affairs. What Trump did was an abuse of office by dealing for personal gain, that should be the focus, not bribery. What the constitution was trying to protect from was politicians being paid to make policy... of course the lines are blurred with all the lobbying that goes on in Washington, a system that I’d happily like to see reformed, but that’s another story.

Best thing for Dems to do is wrap up the hearings. Get all the facts out with as little hyperbole as possible and then not file for impeachment but rather leave it up to the voters in next years election. Trump is as swampy as they come and he cares more about the fight than the future. I think enough people see that and will vote to end the drama and embarrassment. Let’s not make a martyr out of him by driving this impeachment train off a cliff.

I do not know anymore if they can just leave it to the voter...
They have to. We are far to divided in this country. We need the people to speak up

Trump will lose the Popular Vote while winning the Electoral College again, and that is the sad reality.

Warren is going to lose badly if nominated and Biden is tainted, and Sanders was so 2016, so who else do you have?

Mayor Pete?

Even though I like the guy he has no chance on the big stage and the rest of the field are too weak or came in late.

Impeachment is all they have...
Biden is the best bet. Maybe somebody new comes along. But Biden is fine. He would bring stability, he just needs to not play trumps games

STABILITY???

are you out of your fuckin mind???

there is nothing stable about joe biden,,,,
sure there is. He’s a middle of the road, friend of many. Just what we need right now.

Yeah, the minute they start trying to move the goalposts, you know they're getting nervous.

They pretty much HAVE to impeach at this point, don't they? I'd think if they back out they're damn near throwing in the towel for 2020 by handing Trump an out.

I can't imagine Pelosi would have let it get this far without being pretty sure they had some meat here. Maybe Schiff & Co. let her astray a bit?
Does it HAVE to be bribery? They can't use abuse of power?
I think she ought to put together her Articles of Impeachment and if the Senate doesn't like 'em, fine. She tried.
Yeah, agreed. I'm a little surprised she's let it get this far. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Schiff sure as hell isn't looking good, especially since this isn't his first shot at Trump.

she has to know that the senate won’t convict and if they get the trail they are going to drag it out on their terms right in the heart of the campaign... how do you see that playing out?

Wild guess here: I doubt that this story is interesting or important enough for many Americans (myself included) to give two shits about. Those who are either for or against Trump aren't going to change their minds on him over this. The Democrats might just be trying to sway a few independents their way for 2020.
90+% of America don’t give two shits on what’s happening with the impeachment, And the country is divided right down the middle.

Neither side is going to change their mind on anything when it comes to politics. That’s just the way it is

I think the mouthpieces on the left were hungry for impeachment and the pressure after the whistle blower complaint came out was too much so Pelosi agreed to an inquiry. Now it’s a branding game. Like today. No legal arguments were made about the bribe charge but they painted Trump as an asshole and he helped with that tweet. This process is meant to pile up those moments so they can pile up the talking points against Trump for next years campaign. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

why do you keep selecting your facts and ignoring the rest???
I present all the relevant facts. Since you aren’t making counter arguments I have to assume your just trolling.

relevant to you maybe,, but far from all the facts,,,

and I have been countering you all day,,not my fault you chose to ignore it,,
The only thing you pointed out was my comment about Kent’s statement about the investigation but you took the discussion out of context as I pointed out. Is there anything else you think I got wrong?

I have been pointing out stuff all day,,,along with the last few weeks and you know it

and again you have a selective view/memory and ignore so much that proves you wrong
Point to one
just check your feed for todays comments from me on this thread and the two others we have talkked on,,,

I do not know anymore if they can just leave it to the voter...
They have to. We are far to divided in this country. We need the people to speak up

Trump will lose the Popular Vote while winning the Electoral College again, and that is the sad reality.

Warren is going to lose badly if nominated and Biden is tainted, and Sanders was so 2016, so who else do you have?

Mayor Pete?

Even though I like the guy he has no chance on the big stage and the rest of the field are too weak or came in late.

Biden is the best bet. Maybe somebody new comes along. But Biden is fine. He would bring stability, he just needs to not play trumps games

STABILITY???

sure there is. He’s a middle of the road, friend of many. Just what we need right now.
now I know your full of shit,,,

when he talks its not a matter of if he gaffs but how many times and if he admits to another possible crime,,,or starts sniffing little girls hair,,usually ends up being all of them,,,,,

I present all the relevant facts. Since you aren’t making counter arguments I have to assume your just trolling.

relevant to you maybe,, but far from all the facts,,,

and I have been countering you all day,,not my fault you chose to ignore it,,
The only thing you pointed out was my comment about Kent’s statement about the investigation but you took the discussion out of context as I pointed out. Is there anything else you think I got wrong?

I have been pointing out stuff all day,,,along with the last few weeks and you know it

and again you have a selective view/memory and ignore so much that proves you wrong
Point to one
just check your feed for todays comments from me on this thread and the two others we have talkked on,,,
i checked... got nothing except for the investigation thing that you misinterpreted. Got anything else?

Mayor Pete?

STABILITY???

when he talks its not a matter of if he gaffs but how many times and if he admits to another possible crime,,,or starts sniffing little girls hair,,usually ends up being all of them,,,,,
Biden gaffs all the time. His supporters don’t care. And you can’t really complain about gaffs given your current prez

Mayor Pete?

STABILITY???

Biden gaffs all the time. His supporters don’t care. And you can’t really complain about gaffs given your current prez
dont you mean our current president???

and of course I can complain,,,

Briber or Bribee doesn't matter either counts as bribery.

He should be impeached because he deserves to be impeached...many times over.

What the Dems should do is issue a massive list of impeachable offenses committed by Trump (which wouldn't be hard to do, keep the Senate trial going on and on and on...until the American people get it thru their heads what a sleazy, corrupt SOB he is.

Then let the Senate Republicans explain to their voters why they voted to keep a crook n the White House!

that sounds more like an emotional hope rather than an educated analysis. The Dems will be fine, they are fueled by hate for Trump and there is plenty... just like Trump has been fueled by his base. He can do no wrong for that 35%. Welcome to team politics
They're fucking committed to this idiocy....If their "star witnesses" ore a couple of nobody administrators who have nothing more than third-hand hearsay and some weepy bureaucrat who was fired months before anything being investigated happened, they don't have so much as a popcorn fart....If you can't see that, you need yet another serious reality check...Seems to be a recurring theme with you.
I just wrote a thread about that lame “heresay” argument. Shift gears to the next one, that’s a loser.
Fitting, since yours is the side that has suddenly tried to claim that hearsay is legit evidence, Gomer.
The heresay doesn’t matter, we all know what happened... it’s time to own it and defend it. Heresay is a distraction, the facts are all out and being reenforced. Time to shift gears puppet.
We all heard Trump's quid pro quo on his "perfect" phone call.

You heard pirates.

Update .

Democrats

Now. Claim

Trump is a pirate

STABILITY???

Oh yeah you can do whatever you want, just not credibly

What the Dems should do is issue a massive list of impeachable offenses committed by Trump (which wouldn't be hard to do, keep the Senate trial going on and on and on...until the American people get it thru their heads what a sleazy, corrupt SOB he is.

Then let the Senate Republicans explain to their voters why they voted to keep a crook n the White House!
I don’t think it will play out well. If it goes to the senate the Dems likely lose the election

STABILITY???

only in your mind,,,

only in your mind,,,
tell me how supporting a guy that gaffs all the time and then critiquing his opponent for making gaffs makes any sense?

they have the opportunity to list them right now and dont do it,,,

they dont because there isnt any

only in your mind,,,
tell me how supporting a guy that gaffs all the time and then critiquing his opponent for making gaffs makes any sense?
who am I supporting???

only in your mind,,,
who am I supporting???
Oh my bad, I assumed you supported Trump over Biden. Was I wrong?

They're fucking committed to this idiocy....If their "star witnesses" ore a couple of nobody administrators who have nothing more than third-hand hearsay and some weepy bureaucrat who was fired months before anything being investigated happened, they don't have so much as a popcorn fart....If you can't see that, you need yet another serious reality check...Seems to be a recurring theme with you.
I just wrote a thread about that lame “heresay” argument. Shift gears to the next one, that’s a loser.
Fitting, since yours is the side that has suddenly tried to claim that hearsay is legit evidence, Gomer.
The heresay doesn’t matter, we all know what happened... it’s time to own it and defend it. Heresay is a distraction, the facts are all out and being reenforced. Time to shift gears puppet.
We all heard Trump's quid pro quo on his "perfect" phone call.

You heard pirates.

Update .

Democrats

Now. Claim

Trump is a pirate

Jack-Sparrow.jpg

Forum List

Back