House Republicans Probe FBI’s Sudden About-Face On Confidential Source

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

1 Mar 2024 ~~ By Tristan Justice

House Republicans are demanding the FBI turn over records related to the federal government’s indictment of a once-trusted confidential human source (CHS), according to a joint congressional letter shared exclusively with The Federalist.
On Friday, House Oversight Chairman James Comer and Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan sent the letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray to request documents related to Special Counsel David Weiss’s indictment of CHS Alexander Smirnov. Smirnov was charged two weeks ago for allegedly making false statements about President Joe Biden’s involvement in a criminal bribery scheme with a Ukrainian oligarch. Republican lawmakers, however, are left with questions about the FBI’s sudden about-face on the source they once highly regarded.
“Prior to the indictment, the FBI allowed Mr. Smirnov to serve as a CHS for over 14 years and earn a six-figure income, while maintaining ‘extensive and extremely recent’ foreign intelligence contacts,” lawmakers wrote. “Only after Mr. Smirnov reported that President Joe Biden accepted a bribe from a Ukrainian energy company in exchange for using his official position to oust the Ukrainian Prosecutor General did the FBI apparently take a hard look at this CHS.”

Commentary:
Garland's DoJ needed to quash the Joe Bribe-'em problems by indicting Smirnov for lying about the amount of bribes that Hunter and Joe got from the Ukraine.
Of Course It is only fair. After all, didn't they arrest Christopher Steele and charge him with fabricating his story about Trump's role in the Russia collusion scandal....
What? They never indicted Steele....? Oh Nevermind...
Smirinov knows where the bodies are....
Arresting and jailing Smirinov is a clumsy and desperate measure by the Biden crime family. It’s obvious they want to keep him on ice and away from the impeachment inquiry. The DOJ and FBI continue to embarrass themselves as Biden’s dogs.
Disgraceful. --- Remember That Smirinov did not commit suicide.

1709568988853.png

You guys made this clown the center of your non-case.

And now you are upset he blew up in your face.

Wile E. Comer, Super-Genius.

View attachment 912237
OK, so riddle me this smart guy....Why did Wray risk a contempt of congress charge to keep his "Super CI's" testimony away from congress?

The whole thing stinks up the room.

OK, so riddle me this smart guy....Why did Wray risk a contempt of congress charge to keep his "Super CI's" testimony away from congress?

The whole thing stinks up the room.
Maybe he doesn't want his legitimate CI's being reported to Putin.

Has nothing to do with the fact that Smirnov was caught being a double agent.

What Garland and Wray are doing is plain for anyone to see…
Keeping the Republicans from embarrassing themselves further?

Look, man, you've been looking for "proof" that Joe Biden got Bursima money for six years now... and have come up with... nothing.

And your main source turned out to be a disseminator of Russian disinformation.

1 Mar 2024 ~~ By Tristan Justice

House Republicans are demanding the FBI turn over records related to the federal government’s indictment of a once-trusted confidential human source (CHS), according to a joint congressional letter shared exclusively with The Federalist.
On Friday, House Oversight Chairman James Comer and Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan sent the letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray to request documents related to Special Counsel David Weiss’s indictment of CHS Alexander Smirnov. Smirnov was charged two weeks ago for allegedly making false statements about President Joe Biden’s involvement in a criminal bribery scheme with a Ukrainian oligarch. Republican lawmakers, however, are left with questions about the FBI’s sudden about-face on the source they once highly regarded.
“Prior to the indictment, the FBI allowed Mr. Smirnov to serve as a CHS for over 14 years and earn a six-figure income, while maintaining ‘extensive and extremely recent’ foreign intelligence contacts,” lawmakers wrote. “Only after Mr. Smirnov reported that President Joe Biden accepted a bribe from a Ukrainian energy company in exchange for using his official position to oust the Ukrainian Prosecutor General did the FBI apparently take a hard look at this CHS.”

Commentary:
Garland's DoJ needed to quash the Joe Bribe-'em problems by indicting Smirnov for lying about the amount of bribes that Hunter and Joe got from the Ukraine.
Of Course It is only fair. After all, didn't they arrest Christopher Steele and charge him with fabricating his story about Trump's role in the Russia collusion scandal....
What? They never indicted Steele....? Oh Nevermind...
Smirinov knows where the bodies are....
Arresting and jailing Smirinov is a clumsy and desperate measure by the Biden crime family. It’s obvious they want to keep him on ice and away from the impeachment inquiry. The DOJ and FBI continue to embarrass themselves as Biden’s dogs.
Disgraceful. --- Remember That Smirinov did not commit suicide.

Of course the FBI manufactured the story!
But the fact remains that the R's can't defeat corrupt government and the sitting president.

Trump will have the same power if he becomes president again. It has nothing to do with the law, for dog's sake!

Keeping the Republicans from embarrassing themselves further?

Look, man, you've been looking for "proof" that Joe Biden got Bursima money for six years now... and have come up with... nothing.

And your main source turned out to be a disseminator of Russian disinformation.
Kind of like your Russia, Russia, Russia hoax.

The Dems, as well as their representative extentions in cable news entertainment programming, sure as heck weren't interested in questioning it. Not in the least.

They just ran with it, predictably, on the idea that the electorate woud just blindly and unconditionally follow their lead.

Guess we all know how that whole social conformity drill gets run by now...

You mean the one were Trump had to offer Pardons to guys who committed actual crimes to not rat him out?
No, the one that should have shown America the deep seated corruption of our government, and the lengths they will go to now, to destroy anyone that threatens their power structure.

you dems that cheer this on, and are willing to destroy the country in your means justifies the ends mentality, is physically sickening to me.

You and I have gone round and round before. I find your outlook on life as an American revolting. So, your analogy of you and your immigrant wife are meaningless to me…

You’re not American to me, rather a pathetic wannabe, in on these boards to troll, and waste time…So, I’m done with you. And I don’t block people, but you have nothing that interests me. Debate or otherwise.

No, the one that should have shown America the deep seated corruption of our government, and the lengths they will go to now, to destroy anyone that threatens their power structure.

you dems that cheer this on, and are willing to destroy the country in your means justifies the ends mentality, is physically sickening to me.
Your side impeached Clinton for lying about a blow job.

Please don't come whining to me about how Trump was being treated unfairly when he's been caught doing far worse things.

You and I have gone round and round before. I find your outlook on life as an American revolting. So, your analogy of you and your immigrant wife are meaningless to me…

Well, good, so when I report you for attacking family....

You’re not American to me, rather a pathetic wannabe, in on these boards to troll, and waste time…So, I’m done with you. And I don’t block people, but you have nothing that interests me. Debate or otherwise.

I'm a veteran. Probably a better American than you are. You, on the other hand, support a guy who is unfit for office because he upsets decent people. That's a pretty bitter outlook on life.

You guys made this clown the center of your non-case.
No one in the US even knows his name. The center of our case are the Bidens shady money transfers through dozens of shell companies.

No one in the US even knows his name. The center of our case are the Bidens shady money transfers through dozens of shell companies.

Except all those companies are legal entities created for specific partnerships.

your argument was this Russian Plant was so credible when he claimed that someone told him that the President of Bursima said he paid Joe 5 million.

And... he's a Russian Spy. Nothing happened.

Except all those companies are legal entities created for specific partnerships.
Except for the fact that they arent. They are shell companies meant to hide money transfers, but they got caught. The moment Biden is no longer president, the DOJ can instantly take the Bidens to court and win on just bank records alone. Bank records are how virtually ALL financial crime cases are proven. Rarely is there a video or a witness for financial crimes. All the evidence is in the financial statements, which they also didnt pay taxes on.

Forum List

Back