Breyer resigning, Biden to nominate USSC justice. (Poll)

Will Joe Biden's first pick for USSC justice be approved by the Senate?

• Yes

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters
I'm assuming that Biden will jump at the opportunity to appoint someone based on the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

Additionally, he's more likely to pick a female judge, again, in the interest of social justice rather than qualification.

In other words, a black female by default, for no other reason than the optics of it.

Would the group tend to agree with me about that?
And I'm sure he will nominate someone of color with the correct character and standing to deserve the honor. If you think it's about optics you might be right the Supreme Court should be reflect the America it represents. All nominees are extremely qualified.

And I'm sure he will nominate someone of color with the correct character and standing to deserve the honor. If you think it's about optics you might be right the Supreme Court should be reflect the America it represents. All nominees are extremely qualified.
I doubt Kamala is qualified for the SC, but moving her out if the VP spot and putting someone qualified to be potus as VP, could be what’s about to occur.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that Biden will jump at the opportunity to appoint someone based on the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

Additionally, he's more likely to pick a female judge, again, in the interest of social justice rather than qualification.

In other words, a black female by default, for no other reason than the optics of it.

A few dem Senators are up for reelection and will likely vote against Michelle or Kamala as Barack's pick

Not gonna happen. No fillibuster for this, and the dems only need 51, and they won't need Harris.
Hopefully there are some sane republicans left who will vote for any qualified prospect despite party affiliation.

He already said he plans to nomimate a black woman.

I wouldn't expect any less of any pandering Democrat

To be completely honest, there are thousands of lawyers and judges and justices in the U.S. who would be completely competent justices on the U.S. Supreme Court. Few of the cases require any sophisticated knowledge of the law, and never forget, they get their choice of the top legal scholars in the country coming out of the top schools, to be their clerks.

Even an idiot like Sotomayor ("a wise Latina") has only rarely made an ass of herself, and never in her published opinions, which are written by others.

So if President Biden wants to preemptively disqualify 94% of the eligible lawyers and limit his choices to Black women, he can certainly produce one who will not make an ass of HIM (for nominating her).

But this whole thing SHOULD be an embarrassment to the Chief Justice, who frequently asserts in public that the Court is NOT a political body, as it unfolds as a completely and utterly political Kabuki Dance in the Senate before confirmation.

And note one thing as this plays out: It is only DEMOCRATS who slander candidates from the Other Side and vote en masse to refuse their confirmation. Many Republicans will vote to confirm Biden's nominee, assuming she is arguably qualified, even though they will abhor said nominee's politics and judicial philosophy. Republicans in the Senate have a real problem with integrity, a problem that does not afflict the other side.

Yes, the rules have changed, and Joe's pick will become Supreme Court Justice nonmatter who they are or how much the Republicans object.

It's how trump was able to appoint 3 justices the Democrats didn't like.

Backed up by a well written article in a major news outlet. You got nothing but your uninformed biased opinion.
You say you're an independent /anarchist you got the last part right, you are not contributing to society in any positive manner.

Forum List

Back