Brain Scans Point to Homosexuality as Being Genetic

Do we see similar mutations that effect the genetic physical results?

Causes of left-handedness

Main article: handedness

* Hand orientation is developed in unborn children, most commonly determined by observing which hand is predominantly licked or held close to the mouth.[citation needed] Current genetic research suggests there is a genetic factor involved.
* In 2007, researchers discovered LRRTM1, the first gene linked to increased odds of being left-handed. The researchers also claim that possessing this gene slightly raises the risk of psychotic mental illnesses such as schizophrenia.[10]
* Long-term impairment of the right hand: People with long-term impairment of the right hand are more likely to become left-handed, even after their right hand heals.[citation needed] Such long term impairment is defined as 8 months or more.
* Testosterone: Exposure to higher rates of testosterone before birth can lead to a left-handed child.[11] This is the Geschwind theory, named after the neurologist who proposed it, Norman Geschwind. It suggests that variations in levels of testosterone during pregnancy shape the development of the fetal brain. Testosterone suppresses the growth of the left cerebral hemisphere and so more neurons migrate to the right hemisphere. The highly developed right hemisphere is now better suited to function as the center of language and handedness. The fetus is more likely to become left-handed, since the right hemisphere controls the left half of the body. The theory goes on to tie the exposure to higher levels of testosterone and the resultant right-hemisphere dominance to auto-immune disorders, learning disorders, dyslexia, and stuttering, as well as increased spatial ability.
* Ultrasound theory: Ultrasound scans may affect the brain of unborn children, causing higher rates of left-handedness in children born to mothers who have ultrasound scans compared to those who do not. This is probably based on a few studies[12][13] where this relation is studied. In one of these the authors claim that "...we found a possible association between routine ultrasonography in utero and subsequent non-right handedness among children in primary school." However later in the same article the authors state that "Thus the association ... may be due to chance" and "The result was not significant, suggesting that the study had insufficient statistical power to resolve the relationship between ultrasonography and subsequent left handedness in the child"

Left-handedness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do we see similar mutations that effect the genetic physical results?

Causes of left-handedness

Main article: handedness

* Hand orientation is developed in unborn children, most commonly determined by observing which hand is predominantly licked or held close to the mouth.[citation needed] Current genetic research suggests there is a genetic factor involved.
* In 2007, researchers discovered LRRTM1, the first gene linked to increased odds of being left-handed. The researchers also claim that possessing this gene slightly raises the risk of psychotic mental illnesses such as schizophrenia.[10]
* Long-term impairment of the right hand: People with long-term impairment of the right hand are more likely to become left-handed, even after their right hand heals.[citation needed] Such long term impairment is defined as 8 months or more.
* Testosterone: Exposure to higher rates of testosterone before birth can lead to a left-handed child.[11] This is the Geschwind theory, named after the neurologist who proposed it, Norman Geschwind. It suggests that variations in levels of testosterone during pregnancy shape the development of the fetal brain. Testosterone suppresses the growth of the left cerebral hemisphere and so more neurons migrate to the right hemisphere. The highly developed right hemisphere is now better suited to function as the center of language and handedness. The fetus is more likely to become left-handed, since the right hemisphere controls the left half of the body. The theory goes on to tie the exposure to higher levels of testosterone and the resultant right-hemisphere dominance to auto-immune disorders, learning disorders, dyslexia, and stuttering, as well as increased spatial ability.
* Ultrasound theory: Ultrasound scans may affect the brain of unborn children, causing higher rates of left-handedness in children born to mothers who have ultrasound scans compared to those who do not. This is probably based on a few studies[12][13] where this relation is studied. In one of these the authors claim that "...we found a possible association between routine ultrasonography in utero and subsequent non-right handedness among children in primary school." However later in the same article the authors state that "Thus the association ... may be due to chance" and "The result was not significant, suggesting that the study had insufficient statistical power to resolve the relationship between ultrasonography and subsequent left handedness in the child"

Left-handedness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Exactly, that's what I mean. Blue eyes is a mutation also.

oh it is a spectrum.

Hell, go to college and get some of those girls drunk ans see how long it takes for the pseudo lesbian schtick to surface.

Well then why don't you walk on down to your local fag hang out and ask them if you can join in on one of their homo sexcapades, since you find it all so interesting.

Because I'm not gay, obviously.

I just happen to think that the gayfolk make our world a more interesting place.

Much the same way I feel that outlaw bikers make our world a more interesting place, to be frank.

One doesn't need to be a frog to think frogs add something to the ambiance of the swamp, after all.

So, now... based on the venom that you spewed in my general direction for no apparent reason, perhaps it's time for you to do some self reflection.

You might start out by asking yourself why you so obviously care that other people are queer.

Why does that offend you?

Why do people view the straight/ gay thing in such black and white terms? It seems to me there is a spectrum and a lot of us fall somewhere at points in between gay and straight with some people at the very ends.

I've had the same thought.

To answer your question, I think the alternative scares people.

To ask one of my own: If this is true, doesn't that support the notion that there is an element of choice involved?

I'd be afraid to find out what else fits in your realm of what makes this place Interesting.

"Much the same way I feel that outlaw bikers make our world a more interesting place, to be frank."

What did you just say--did you compare gays to Outlaw bikers?

"One doesn't need to be a frog to think frogs add something to the ambiance of the swamp, after all."

No, but it does hint that one might be a bit of a tadpole. And I'm fucking tripping on frogs at this point, can't we just have a nice day at the pond?

If we were being infiltrated by beastiality, pedophelia, I hope someone would speak up and make some sense.

"You might start out by asking yourself why you so obviously care that other people are queer."

Why do you care so much that he cares not have the gays surrounding him?

Me thinks something fishy besides the waters here.:eusa_shhh:

it's the same stupid arguement that we heard from the south circa 1960s. Did having blacks for neighbors run off on anyone? would gays? How many gay neighbors would it take to make you crave some hogleg to suck on?

I'd be afraid to find out what else fits in your realm of what makes this place Interesting.

Afraid? What a silly thing to be afraid of.

What did you just say--did you compare gays to Outlaw bikers?

Aren't they ALSO a group that many people fear on sight and without any real cause. The anology is apt.

No, but it does hint that one might be a bit of a tadpole. And I'm fucking tripping on frogs at this point, can't we just have a nice day at the pond?

Now you're just being contrary. Are you really tripping over gays in your life?

If we were being infiltrated by beastiality, pedophelia, I hope someone would speak up and make some sense.

Infiltrated? ARe you being infiltrated by homos? That not only sounds uncomfortable, but unhygenic, too.

Gays "surrounding" him?

Either you guys live in San Francisco (and then you might ask yourselves why you've chosen to live in a town renound for its gay community) , or I don't really know what you're talking about.

You appear to me to be saying that you are plagued by homosexuals, and that they're infiltrating your lives.

Seems prety simply to me.

If you don't want to be queer, don't be.

If you don't like queers, don't hang around where queers congregate.

Is that really all that hard to understand?

The analogy is anything but Apt, but whatever.

I don't know about you but I don't fear gays, of all people.

"Now you're just being contrary. Are you really tripping over gays in your life?"

You can say that to anyone who thinks differently. Contrary is not equivalent to Wrong.

An' yes, here in the sticks, I've been smothered in the gay agenda, in the Sticks I can't hide from it or keep it from my children. There's some sorta mob mentality surrounding it now, it's picked up so much speed you'd think it'd developed into an American fad, an infatuation.

People are infatuated by the lowliest of things, though.

"You appear to me to be saying that you are plagued by homosexuals, and that they're infiltrating your lives."

That's simplifying.

"Seems prety simply to me.

If you don't want to be queer, don't be."

Nobody said we feared they could indoctrinate us.--You've been indoctrinated already and don't know it.

"If you don't like queers, don't hang around where queers congregate.

Is that really all that hard to understand?[/QUOTE]"

Is it any harder to understand that I should get to pick how my kids come up in the world to some degree I can live with??!!

They also find that whites and asians have bigger brains than blacks, which they can further accurately correlate with measures of intelligence, such as "IQ" and "G".

I don't recall the British Broadcasting of Communism covering those studies, however. What a shock.

SMOTHERED in the gay agenda, eh?

So, I take it you are fending off the urge to suck some cock since all those rainbows have moved to town?

I've had the same thought.

To answer your question, I think the alternative scares people.

To ask one of my own: If this is true, doesn't that support the notion that there is an element of choice involved?

If one is bisexual then there is some element of choice. But you really can't choose who you are attracted to, can you?

If one is bisexual then there is some element of choice. But you really can't choose who you are attracted to, can you?

I don't know.

But if the spectrum theory is correct, then choice would necessarily have to be part of it. Unless there is a defined tippingpoint along the scale for which one side is gay, one side is straight. But that would undermine the whole spectrum theory since it would make the matter once again black/white.

Basically, unless choice is involved, it has to be a black/white matter.

Or to put it another way, it's logically inconsistent to say it isn't a choice but it's also subjective.

Get it?

Last edited:
I don't know.

But if the spectrum theory is correct, then choice would necessarily have to be part of it. Unless there is a defined tippingpoint along the scale for which one side is gay, one side is straight. But that would undermine the whole spectrum theory since it would make the matter once again black/white.

I don't know either. It seems to me everyone would have the ability to be either and some combination of factors pushes one either way. Those factors could be hormonal, genetic and/or experience. Kind of like picking chocolate chip cookies over lemon pie...it could be a choice but something is making one choose.

Wouldn't bisexual people be the gray?

btw: While you were replying, I rewrote my post you quoted in an effort to be more clear about my point. I know sometimes I leave too much to the imagination. :D

Wouldn't bisexual people be the gray?

Not necessarily. What if attraction to the same sex and attraction to the opposite sex are two different spectrums, with positive and negative ends. Perhaps bisexuals are just on the positive end of both.

Last edited:
I don't know, the entire thing is pretty confusing. What makes anyone attracted to anyone else? I've heard various things...a certain body type, a certain odor, etc., so really being attracted to someone of the same sex probably isn't any more mysterious (or just as mysterious) as me liking a certain type of man. Which brings us back to the question you asked earlier--why does it even matter?

Blame it on the monkeys we descended from.

I don't know, the entire thing is pretty confusing. What makes anyone attracted to anyone else? I've heard various things...a certain body type, a certain odor, etc., so really being attracted to someone of the same sex probably isn't any more mysterious (or just as mysterious) as me liking a certain type of man. Which brings us back to the question you asked earlier--why does it even matter?

A question yet to be answered by the way.

I was hoping gnome-deeplume might offer some insight on the matter. :rofl:

Forum List

Back