Bored with Food... Suggestions?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I'm going grocery shopping later this afternoon.
I'm so BORED with the food I normally get and want to try something NEW!
Are there any foods you love that you would recommend?

Anything! Snack, meat, veggie, dink a certain "dish"....help!!!!

Pussy burger?

Seriously though, I get your point OP

I just look at food as energy, when I am hungry I just eat.

Pussy burger?

Seriously though, I get your point OP

I just look at food as energy, when I am hungry I just eat.

Hubby is like that. he does not live to eat, just eats out of necessity!

Stay away from the frozen foods.

Try broccoli, kale, french cut beans, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, garlic, peas. Put it in a wok or big pan and heat with olive oil (not extra virgin, smokes too soon). Fry up some chicken tenders or lean beef. Cook some brown rice. Put the rice on a plate, the veggies and then meat. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

There are many variations but I do about the same veggies nightly. You can throw some cheese on there, use quinoa instead of rice. Use cottage cheese instead of meat, or crushed nuts. Add guacamole, etc.

Try broccoli, kale, french cut beans, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, garlic, peas. Put it in a wok or big pan and heat with olive oil (not extra virgin, smokes too soon). Fry up some chicken tenders or lean beef. Cook some brown rice. Put the rice on a plate, the veggies and then meat. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

There are many variations but I do about the same veggies nightly. You can throw some cheese on there, use quinoa instead of rice. Use cottage cheese instead of meat, or crushed nuts. Add guacamole, etc.

Hubby will love this! Sounds, easy, fast and perfect! The chicken with the veggies is great because he's been bored with my baked and roasted chicken lately....

THANK YOU!!!

Hubby will love this! Sounds, easy, fast and perfect! The chicken with the veggies is great because he's been bored with my baked and roasted chicken lately....

THANK YOU!!!
It is easy, very little prep work. I cook functional stuff and it's very healthy! I also use extra virgin olive oil for a dressing, forgot to mention.

Same here. I always buy the same things. Boring! But it does keep unwanted pounds off and is healthful for my body. Still.....so boring. *yawn*

THANK YOU!!!
It is easy, very little prep work. I cook functional stuff and it's very healthy! I also use extra virgin olive oil for a dressing, forgot to mention.

I have extra virgin on hand at all times so will buy the regular today and go with the stir-fry....

Same here. I always buy the same things. Boring! But it does keep unwanted pounds off and is healthful for my body. Still.....so boring. *yawn*

It's my life's ambition to find a snack I can eat while watching TV that's delicious and low calorie (sweet or salty)

Go here foodgawker feed your eyes and filter most popular of all time. :thup:

That all looks great, I admit, but, also looks like a lot of work to prepare!

..... my bottle of wine for lunch is looking better and better...........
Pizza Hut has accomplished the impossible, and combined Pizza with hot dogs! :eek:

lead_960.jpg

:badgrin:

It's my life's ambition to find a snack I can eat while watching TV that's delicious and low calorie (sweet or salty)

Yes...been there, too. I finally rid myself of all crunchy snacks I love but were void of anything nutritional, and settled for Wheat Thins, which comes in many flavors for variety but all do contain gluten and I try to avoid most foods that contain gluten. Gluten is considered a Special Protein, and some of it is necessary for a well-balanced diet. Anything wheat, has it in abundance.

But what's a girl to do. I'm not a fan of raw carrots or celery. ( unless the latter is loaded with cream cheese or other spreadable cheeses, which are high in fat and not very filling )

Protein is filling, and I usually have crunchy peanut butter. Walmart has the best of that, in my opinion. It is loaded with peanuts..more so than any brand and it tastes good. I use it sparingly. Maybe a spoonful or less. I just nibble from the end of fork tines. Works! :D

Limburger

Yes...been there, too. I finally rid myself of all crunchy snacks I love but were void of anything nutritional, and settled for Wheat Thins, which comes in many flavors for variety but all do contain gluten and I try to avoid most foods that contain gluten. Gluten is considered a Special Protein, and some of it is necessary for a well-balanced diet. Anything wheat, has it in abundance.

But what's a girl to do. I'm not a fan of raw carrots or celery. ( unless the latter is loaded with cream cheese or other spreadable cheeses, which are high in fat and not very filling )

Protein is filling, and I usually have crunchy peanut butter. Walmart has the best of that, in my opinion. It is loaded with peanuts..more so than any brand and it tastes good. I use it sparingly. Maybe a spoonful or less. I just nibble from the end of fork tines. Works! :D

Stick all natural peanut butter, either smooth or crunchy.

Most of the other brands have added corn syrup which is just empty calories.

The pure peanut butter doesn't. Only problem is that you need to stir it up before you can use it but that burns calories! :D

Sumer is icumen in. Good time for salads.....

This is a great garBONZI bean salad. Seems appropriate

• I can black beans
  • 1 can chick peas (garbanzos)
  • 2 tomatoes, diced (~ ¾ cup)
  • 1 chopped white onion
  • 1 clove garlic (actually several)
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • ½ cup vinegar
  • 1 lemon, squeezed
  • ½ cup chopped Italian parsley (<< the lead singer)
  • chopped hot peppers and/or hot sauce to taste
  • Dash of cumin
  • Optional: mint, capers, julienned carrot (for texture), celery top leaves (< good for managing hot weather)

Marinate ~ 1 hour in fridge. Exquisite.
I'm generally not a fan of parsley but it really really works here. Yummmm...

Here's another one I learned working as an au pair boy in France, real simple:

Equal amounts Belgian endive (the bullet shaped thing, cut off the tip an root and dice the rest) along with chunks of golden delicious apple, with chunks of gruyère cheese. Optional: sprinkle some crushed walnut. Dress with a light vinaigrette, or just good ol' olive earl and vinegar.

I have extra virgin on hand at all times

That's always fun. Works up an appetite. :thup:

Forum List

Back