Bored with Food... Suggestions?

Oh and Okra- grilled okra- toss okra (small okra works best) with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar, salt and pepper, grill until chard on several sides- eat. Yummy way to enjoy Okra
She said no okra… I cannot have gumbo without okra….and shrimp…and andouille…and chicken…and sassafras…and rice…and tomatoes…and hot chiles...

Course not. Gumbo means "okra". If that ingredient list don't give you an appetite, check yer pulse.

Oh and Okra- grilled okra- toss okra (small okra works best) with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar, salt and pepper, grill until chard on several sides- eat. Yummy way to enjoy Okra

.... please you are ruining my "wine" lunch.........

Mushroom wine! Yum! :wine:
imagesKSH5MWSM.jpg

that's is so gross... jerk! I should smack you! but you might like it... are you related to Darkwind ?

No. Darkwind thinks he's God. I'm under no such illusion.

I wouldn't like the smack so much as the attendant .... uh, wrasslin' match. :D

Here is one if you like soup. You make it with a can of Goya butter beans and fresh veggies. I also sometimes add either cooked ham or meat from one of those roasted chickens from the grocery deli when we don't want to eat vegetarian :)

Butter bean soup w/ Parmesan

2 tbsp Olive oil
1 small chopped onion
1 small chopped carrot
1 chopped celery stalk
2 chopped cloves garlic
1 15.5 oz can butter beans (undrained)
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 tsp rosemary
2 cups water
Parmesan cheese to taste

In sauce pan, sauté onion,carrot,celery and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft.

Add beans, bouillon, rosemary and water, simmer until heated through.

For thicker soup. Remove half of mixture and process in blender then add back to soup.

Serve topped with Parmesan cheese. Can also add parsley to garnish.

Makes 4 servings.

that's is so gross... jerk! I should smack you! but you might like it... are you related to Darkwind ?

So.............. if I ask you to smack me you will refuse.... ?

Here is one if you like soup. You make it with a can of Goya butter beans and fresh veggies. I also sometimes add either cooked ham or meat from one of those roasted chickens from the grocery deli when we don't want to eat vegetarian :)

2 tbsp Olive oil
1 small chopped onion
1 small chopped carrot
1 chopped celery stalk
2 chopped cloves garlic
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 tsp rosemary
2 cups water
Parmesan cheese to taste

In sauce pan, sauté onion,carrot,celery and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft.

For thicker soup. Remove half of mixture and process in blender then add back to soup.

Makes 4 servings.

Nice. I've got butterbeans here, now I know what to do with 'em. Cool day too, soup might work.

Not necessarily.

But you might have to beg.

2 tbsp Olive oil
1 small chopped onion
1 small chopped carrot
1 chopped celery stalk
2 chopped cloves garlic
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 tsp rosemary
2 cups water
Parmesan cheese to taste

Makes 4 servings.

Nice. I've got butterbeans here, now I know what to do with 'em. Cool day too, soup might work.

I have butterbeans too.. wait, what... oh not a post to me, sorry, my bad! :)

Not necessarily.

do I seem like the begging type to you? ;)

Hmmmm… okey-dokey

Not necessarily.

Is a bear Catholic?

2 tbsp Olive oil
1 small chopped onion
1 small chopped carrot
1 chopped celery stalk
2 chopped cloves garlic
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 tsp rosemary
2 cups water
Parmesan cheese to taste

Makes 4 servings.

Now wait your turn. BlueGin was the first to have an idea what to do with my butterbeans. :nono:

Hmmmm… okey-dokey

Do you want to smack me too? With a wet noodle (hey, it's food related..! ) LOL!

Not necessarily.

Is a bear Catholic?

2 tbsp Olive oil
1 small chopped onion
1 small chopped carrot
1 chopped celery stalk
2 chopped cloves garlic
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 tsp rosemary
2 cups water
Parmesan cheese to taste

Makes 4 servings.

Now wait your turn. BlueGin was the first to have an idea what to do with my butterbeans. :nono:

I don't compete You can have him BlueGin

Hmmmm… okey-dokey

Do you want to smack me too? With a wet noodle (hey, it's food related..! ) LOL!
…just for finding out if the pasta is done or not…if it sticks it's done...

I'm going grocery shopping later this afternoon.
I'm so BORED with the food I normally get and want to try something NEW!
Are there any foods you love that you would recommend?

Anything! Snack, meat, veggie, dink a certain "dish"....help!!!!

What sort of thing do you like, or not?

I am totally open! The only foods I don't like are OKRA and MUSHROOMs.
Pretty much anything else goes.
Also, something that doesn't take 1 hour to cook and has more than 12 ingredients....

Blackened Mahi,mahi with mango salsa.
The Weekend Gourmet Guest Post...The Perfect Summer Fish Dish Blackened Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa

You can eliminate the list of ingredients for the blackening seasoning buy picking up some Paul Prudhomme's blackening seasoning or equivalent.

I use diced mango,fine diced purple onion,fine diced jalapenos ,cilantro,lime juice and a little truffle salt though plain salt will do for my salsa.

I will most likely go with the chicken stir fry Iceweasel recommended for tonight.
I have never cooked fresh fish, so, that will be something to experiment with another day.
I already finished my grocery shopping, but, there is always next week, but we are off on vacation Aug 8-16.

Paul Prudhomme's blackening seasoning or equivalent.
Redfish Seasoning. It's the best, not too spicy and you can use it on everything instead of buying the different kind for different meats, fish..
I use diced mango,fine diced purple onion,fine diced jalapenos ,cilantro,lime juice and a little truffle salt though plain salt will do.
Diced red bell pepper adds extra sweetness and nice color with the crunch of freshness

Forum List

Back