Peach smoothie

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Two big peaches, peeled and pitted and cut into chunks, a splash or two of lemon juice, some canned peaches with syrup, sugar and ice. Pulse till smooth. I freeze it in jars, take it out early for breakfast smoothies.
WP_20150723_001.jpg

It makes about a quart and a cup of smoothie. I use half a big can of canned peaches and a cup of sugar....maybe a cup of ice give or take. You can't mess it up.

I've been foundering on the stuff. I bought peaches to can, but I keep putting it off and making this stuff instead.

Honey instead of sugar and maybe a bit of plain yogurt. Yum!

Mr Gracie bought me a peach cobbler tonight. I haven't eaten any yet cuz I have 7 more lbs to go to be the weight I was 10 years ago. I froze it, instead.

Speaking of....what other smoothies do you make?
Mr Gracie LOVES them. I usually put a banana in the mixer, with ice, honey, yogurt if I have some but if not a little bit of milk, peaches or pears (canned). I have to make him 2 cuz 1 just isn't enough.

Sounds good but . . . .no protein? I'd starve if that's all I ate for b-fast.

You know what's good? Freeze the peaches then use them (no need for ice) blended with tofu (extra firm <--that's what she said), vanilla, bit of cinnamon and brown sugar, fresh ginger. Vanilla protein powder thrown in is good too.

Speaking of....what other smoothies do you make?
Mr Gracie LOVES them. I usually put a banana in the mixer, with ice, honey, yogurt if I have some but if not a little bit of milk, peaches or pears (canned). I have to make him 2 cuz 1 just isn't enough.

When the bananas start to get a bit too ripe I peel them, slice, freeze so they're all ready to go for a smoothie. One banana, some frozen blueberries and/or strawberries, vanilla extract, splash of reduced sugar vanilla almond breeze, extra firm tofu and/or 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, bit of peanut butter (like a tspn or so), 1 small packet of stevia. Really good.

Forum List

Back