Border Patrol Turning Down Donations of Soap, Diapers, Toys

The US Border Patrol is not an aid organization. There are numerous NGO's who are already supporting the invasion. If you wish to exacerbate it I am sure they would gladly take your cash.

. If you wish to exacerbate it I am sure they would gladly take your cash.

IMO, 10-25% of which MIGHT make to the illegal aliens being held.
IMO exactly 0% should make it to them. Incentivizing of any sort should be discouraged.
Turn it all over to the children of the American poor and homeless.

But let's put the government in charge of health care and "higher" education. They'll do a great job. Totally competent.
False equivalence! This administration is responsible for the care and feeding of these captive children. We know that this administration does not want Americans to have affordable health care. We know that this ,administration and its supporters disdain education (I love the poorly educated)

So expecting th benefits of health care and education cannot be trusted to this administration any more than humanitarianism is expected.

If you're not a white American citizen, don't expect anything but the back of the hand from this administration.

Donations would interrupt the torture aspect of detaining toddlers and pre-school kids.

Nancy Pelosi: "There's no crisis at the border!"

Steny Hoyer: "There's no crisis at the border!"

Chuck Schumer: "There's no crisis at the border!"

Some Texans do have a heart, and do want to help--but the Border Patrol will not let them:

Border Patrol allegedly turning down donations of soap, diapers, toys at Texas facilities housing migrant children

"As reports circulate regarding living conditions in some migrant shelters along the U.S.-Mexico border, some Texans have stepped in to do what they can.
However, a report from the Texas Tribune indicates that officials from U.S. Customs and Border Patrol will not accept donations from citizens who want to provide for hundreds of children waiting in shelters across the state.
According to the Tribune, Austin Savage and five of his friends purchased $340 of soap, diapers, wipes and toys and drove to the Border Patrol station in Clint, Texas to deliver the items.
Savage said a friend, who is an immigration lawyer, had warned him that CBP likely wouldn't take the donations before they headed to the facility.
"We were aware of that, but it's just the idea of doing something as opposed to passively allowing this to occur,' he told the Tribune.
Savage said when they arrived, they found out that the station lobby was closed, and attempts to talk to the border patrol agents in a nearby parking area went unanswered. However, Savage said someone else had left supplies in a plastic bag left near the lobby door.
The bag had a note attached which read, "I heard y'all need soap + toothpaste for kids.""

"We received reports from children of a lice outbreak in one of the cells where there were about twenty-five children, and what they told us is that six of the children were found to have lice. And so they were given a lice shampoo, and the other children were given two combs and told to share those two combs, two lice combs, and brush their hair with the same combs, which is something you never do with a lice outbreak. And then what happened was one of the combs was lost, and Border Patrol agents got so mad that they took away the children's blankets and mats.
Government agencies typically turn down such donations because they don't have the man-power or resources to sort through those donations and put them to use.

:dunno:

Some Texans do have a heart, and do want to help--but the Border Patrol will not let them:

Border Patrol allegedly turning down donations of soap, diapers, toys at Texas facilities housing migrant children

"As reports circulate regarding living conditions in some migrant shelters along the U.S.-Mexico border, some Texans have stepped in to do what they can.
However, a report from the Texas Tribune indicates that officials from U.S. Customs and Border Patrol will not accept donations from citizens who want to provide for hundreds of children waiting in shelters across the state.
According to the Tribune, Austin Savage and five of his friends purchased $340 of soap, diapers, wipes and toys and drove to the Border Patrol station in Clint, Texas to deliver the items.
Savage said a friend, who is an immigration lawyer, had warned him that CBP likely wouldn't take the donations before they headed to the facility.
"We were aware of that, but it's just the idea of doing something as opposed to passively allowing this to occur,' he told the Tribune.
Savage said when they arrived, they found out that the station lobby was closed, and attempts to talk to the border patrol agents in a nearby parking area went unanswered. However, Savage said someone else had left supplies in a plastic bag left near the lobby door.
The bag had a note attached which read, "I heard y'all need soap + toothpaste for kids.""

"We received reports from children of a lice outbreak in one of the cells where there were about twenty-five children, and what they told us is that six of the children were found to have lice. And so they were given a lice shampoo, and the other children were given two combs and told to share those two combs, two lice combs, and brush their hair with the same combs, which is something you never do with a lice outbreak. And then what happened was one of the combs was lost, and Border Patrol agents got so mad that they took away the children's blankets and mats.
Government agencies typically turn down such donations because they don't have the man-power or resources to sort through those donations and put them to use.

:dunno:

How would a border guard or ICE Agent know what ro do with a bar of soap or blankie?

If you're not a white American citizen, don't expect anything but the back of the hand from this administration.

Really? Please be more specific. What has the administration of President Donald Trump done which you refer to as the "back of the hand"?

Economic Policy
Black unemployment falls to lowest level on record
Heather Long
January 5, 2018
Black unemployment fell to 6.8 percent in December, the lowest ever recorded by the U.S. Labor Department since it began tracking the black unemployment rate in 1972.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...owest-level-on-record/?utm_term=.b04f9257c694

Really? Please be more specific. What has the administration of President Donald Trump done which you refer to as the "back of the hand"?

Economic Policy
Heather Long
January 5, 2018
Black unemployment fell to 6.8 percent in December, the lowest ever recorded by the U.S. Labor Department since it began tracking the black unemployment rate in 1972.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...owest-level-on-record/?utm_term=.b04f9257c694
One 18 month old stat does not a trend make. Nor am I convinced that employment is really controlled by Trump, or any President. A better means of measurement might be asking non-whites about their quality of life and level of satisfaction.

Quite frankly, I don't look at this in racial terms---Trump is for the rich..and does not care about the poor. That he has convinced a segment of the American working poor that he is their friend..is nothing short of masterful.

Economic Policy
Heather Long
January 5, 2018

If I was a Muslim or disabled or lost a family member in combat or a woman, it's fair to say Trump is indifferent to me at least, openly hostile at worst. Leadership? Not bloody likely!

Caddo Kidd, what do you find funny?

if you get six (or more) of those 'funny' things from the same member within 24 hours you should PM the mod staff & ask them.
LOL...I collect 6 or more in 15 minutes!

If you receive 6, or more within 24 hours, from the same member, USMB considers that 'stalking'

You should report excess 'funny' use to the FBI
Nah...why bother? Talk about thin skinned! I would favor implementing the STFU button throughout the site.

It's at least honest...

Caddo Kidd, what do you find funny?

if you get six (or more) of those 'funny' things from the same member within 24 hours you should PM the mod staff & ask them.
LOL...I collect 6 or more in 15 minutes!

If you receive 6, or more within 24 hours, from the same member, USMB considers that 'stalking'

You should report excess 'funny' use to the FBI
Nah...why bother? Talk about thin skinned! I would favor implementing the STFU button throughout the site.

It's at least honest...

you could recommend that to the mods; the STFU button

You Dimocraps just can't help yourself.
Anything to do to divert and obsfucate on any and every thread.
It must get old sticking to the same old script.

But let's put the government in charge of health care and "higher" education
Health insurance is not healthcare.

Public education is one of the pillars of the mpdern world, is one of the greatest accomplishments of the human species, and is the reason there are so many literate people that can visit and read this message board.

Forum List

Back