Zone1 Blacks should not resent other persecuted yet successful minorities but instead emulate their choices and actions that led to their success

Plumbing, Mechanic, Electrician, and so on are fields that pay well along with driving and trucking.
And without the huge debt. Obama started the "college" thing as the answer for everyone. Now there are serious shortages in the skilled trades and those wages are skyrocketing

Wow, I knew a Lebanese born man who drove cab in New York for years to save up to move to Texas and when he got to Texas he bought a Chicken Franchise that was called Golden Fried Chicken which is now Golden Chick.

He worked that shack and bought two more and he didn’t have an ounce of education.

His kids didn’t do as well as him and live off the money their father made, so I am unsure why you believe the way you do…

Arrogance and ignorance.

And without the huge debt. Obama started the "college" thing as the answer for everyone. Now there are serious shortages in the skilled trades and those wages are skyrocketing
My Uncle was raised by a Master Carpenter and he was also a Carpenter but I am not as inclined as him and prefer the mechanical aspects of life.

You can make a living at anything and I must remind people that some forget we must have the Rich, the Middle and the Poor in this system and no one is equal not even in the Rich or Poor society.

What we must strive for is being the best we can be and understand our limitations in life and because Trump, Gates and so on have this or that, well most of us are not meant for that life, and believe me you worry more about losing it all than enjoying life…

No true. The PARENTS who came over, uneducated and impoverished, and not even speaking the language, didn’t lift themselves out. But their CHILDREN did - the first in the family who didn’t have the advantages of coming from educated homes.

Yet they still managed to graduate from college, despite having all the disadvantages. What they DID have were parents who emphasized the value of higher education.

I don’t know why you find it so difficult to admit that Jews place a very big priority on education, and have for thousands of years. “Learning” is seen as a Mitzvah, in fact. And it’s the biggest reason that they lifted themselves out of abject poverty in a single generation, when they children became middle and upper-middle class: EDUCATION.
I dispute that myth. It took longer than a single generation. And many lived and died in poverty. Just one example, look at how it was briefly described below (and it isn’t meant as a put down,it was a rich varied vibrant community in it’s own right). And there were also communities of upper and middle class blacks DESPITE the difficulties of Jim Crowe and easy destruction by a racist majority.

But more to the point, I am not disagreeing with the fact that Jews value education, I dispute the assertion that blacks as a group do not value education.

According to a Pew Research Center survey, 79% of Black parents with children said it is either extremely or very important that their children earn a college degree, compared with 67 percent of White parents.

Over the past two decades, educational attainment and college enrollment have increased substantially among Hispanics, the nation’s largest minority group, and blacks. For example, the high school dropout rates among Hispanics and blacks ages 18 to 24 reached record lows in 2014: just 12% for Hispanics and 7% for blacks, down from 33% and 16%, respectively, in 1993.

College enrollment has grown among all races and ethnicities since 1993, but gains have been biggest among Hispanics. In October 2014, 2.3 million Hispanics ages 18 to 24 were enrolled in either a two- or four-year college – up from 728,000 in 1993. Among blacks in the same age group, 1.5 million were enrolled in college in 2014 – up from 897,000 in 1993.

I dispute that myth. It took longer than a single generation. And many lived and died in poverty. Just one example, look at how it was briefly described below (and it isn’t meant as a put down,it was a rich varied vibrant community in it’s own right). And there were also communities of upper and middle class blacks DESPITE the difficulties of Jim Crowe and easy destruction by a racist majority.

But more to the point, I am not disagreeing with the fact that Jews value education, I dispute the assertion that blacks as a group do not value education.

According to a Pew Research Center survey, 79% of Black parents with children said it is either extremely or very important that their children earn a college degree, compared with 67 percent of White parents.

Over the past two decades, educational attainment and college enrollment have increased substantially among Hispanics, the nation’s largest minority group, and blacks. For example, the high school dropout rates among Hispanics and blacks ages 18 to 24 reached record lows in 2014: just 12% for Hispanics and 7% for blacks, down from 33% and 16%, respectively, in 1993.

College enrollment has grown among all races and ethnicities since 1993, but gains have been biggest among Hispanics. In October 2014, 2.3 million Hispanics ages 18 to 24 were enrolled in either a two- or four-year college – up from 728,000 in 1993. Among blacks in the same age group, 1.5 million were enrolled in college in 2014 – up from 897,000 in 1993.

All of which clearly illustrates that there are a SUBSTANTIAL number of role models within the existing Black population for Black people to "emulate", that took the path of abstinence as well as higher education on the road to prosperity.

Just speaking for myself, my own parents grew up in a dirt poor, segregated environment in one of the most backward parts of Kansas during the Depression and Jim Crow eras, and after my father graduated from junior college, he married my mother, (who also graduated from the same college) joined the navy and left.

I wasn't born until they had been married for two years.

There are numerous other similar stories within my entire family, as well as other families that we associated with.

Ironically, years later both of my parents were invited to speak at the 50 year reunion of the graduating class of the same junior college in Kansas as distinguished alumni.

Maybe White people should stop telling Blacks what they should and shouldn't do

Maybe White people should stop telling Blacks what they should and shouldn't do
Not when they BLAME whites for their own failings, screaming “raaaacism” at everything, and insisting they deserve reparations.

Money doesn't make you happy but it can build you a nice house right next door
That doesn’t constitute “wealth,” though. You don’t need to build a portfolio worth millions of dollars to be able to buy a nice house.

Not when they BLAME whites for their own failings, screaming “raaaacism” at everything, and insisting they deserve reparations.
So let them.

What does it cost you?

Look my mother was Black, I grew up in a shitty poor mostly Black neighborhood and I just ignore people who cry racism all the time.

You should try it

That doesn’t constitute “wealth,” though. You don’t need to build a portfolio worth millions of dollars to be able to buy a nice house.
You do if you don't want to work for anyone.

WHy do you think it is somehow wrong to be financially independent?

So let them.

What does it cost you?

Look my mother was Black, I grew up in a shitty poor mostly Black neighborhood and I just ignore people who cry racism all the time.

You should try it
Not when their end goal is to convince gullible voters that racism is the cause of their failings - and get whites to pay reparations.

You do if you don't want to work for anyone.

WHy do you think it is somehow wrong to be financially independent?
Why do you think it is somehow wrong for someone to use their abilities and skills in a well-paid professional position, and enjoy a nice lifestyle as a result?

You seem to have disdain for employees.

it's none of your business how other people vote
Of course it is, when their vote leads to awful results. You think I should just have had a “not my business” attitude about the gullible or ignorant fools who voted for Biden? Look at the price the country is paying for that!

it's none of your business how other people vote
You said you’re a financial planner. Let’s say people vote to add in a special tax rate of 60% to financial planners. Not your business how they vote?

You’re being sarcastic, and criticizing me personally, which is against Zone 1 rules. I won’t report you this time, but in the future, please stay on the topic: Minorities who aren’t doing as well, as a whole, as other minorities who are doing better would gain by emulating the more successful groups.
Given that you are one of those groups it is a valid point
What you posted may be considered racist

Did she post it? I must have missed those links amongst the snarking about leftists and those who dare to disagree. She posted they would “succeed” if (along with getting married) they valued education. So, it is reasonable to ask what evidence there is that they, uniquely, don’t? Your turn White Knight :)

But you didn't ask. YOU assumed.

It's not about me being a "white knight". This type of attack has annoyed me for quite some time, and I see it A LOT from libs.

Actually it seems to be the very basis of your entire world view, now that I think of it.

Forum List

Back