Zone1 Blacks should not resent other persecuted yet successful minorities but instead emulate their choices and actions that led to their success

There is more to life than obtaining wealth.
Sure. Once you are middle class.

If you are below the middle class, i.e. working poor, life is mainly about making the rent and buying the groceries. Something that our current government is making harder, not easier.

Once you have a reasonably well-paying job that you can leave behind at the end of the day, you can read great books, “find yourself,” spend quality time with the kids, or whatever floats your boat.

If you are working poor, and unable or unwilling to make the effort required to advance, the current government does make it easy for you to join the dependency leisure class, by going on welfare, or student loan. You still have to pay rent and buy groceries, you just don’t have to work for the money.

You won’t accumulate wealth that way, but you won’t have to work hard and can “find yourself,” also, so long as the self you find doesn’t need to spend a whole lot of money.

If you take that option, fine. Just thank the taxpayers instead of whining about how “unfair” it is that you’re poor.

And a good decision that is since you have not addressed the subject matter, and are only telling her she has no right to speak.

There sure is a lot of that in this forum, that's for sure.
Yup. It’s the “silencing” retort that leftists (notice my change of word?) default to when they have no way to rebut the point made.

Yup. It’s the “silencing” retort that leftists (notice my change of word?) default to when they have no way to rebut the point made.
I did notice!

Woke needs to be understood as an archly authoritarian political system. It demands absolute conformity, relies on rigidly fixed and finite positions rather than principles and demands absolute lock step conformity.

That is why you have to be silenced.

I did notice!

Woke needs to be understood as an archly authoritarian political system. It demands absolute conformity, relies on rigidly fixed and finite positions rather than principles and demands absolute lock step conformity.

That is why you have to be silenced.
For sure! Leftists are all for diversity - unless it’s diversity of opinion.

I’ve noticed a sad phenomenon: Many Blacks (and sometimes their enabling white leftists) have hostility toward Jews and Asians, which can range from attacking them on the street or subway to looking for articles that show the flaws of these two groups.

This of course is a defense mechanism, since they resent, or are even angry at, persecuted minorities that succeed - to above the average - despite bigotry against them. Instead, would it not be more productive for blacks to acknowledge the two key lifestyle choices/values that have led to the success of these two groups?

1) Waiting until marriage to have children, and then only when at least one of the marriage partners is gainfully employed in a job that allows them to afford them, and

2) A very strong emphasis that education is the key to success - including higher education in a marketable field - that is instilled beginning in elementary school.

Of course, there are other traits that contribute to one’s degree of success - motivation, ability, intelligence, discipline, etc. - but the two above, if followed, practically guarantees that one will become at least lower-middle class, and likely higher.

Why can’t blacks be more like you?

• Funny
Reactions: IM2
The middle class has nothing more to offer human existence than any other level of wealth if all you care about is wealth accumulation. I myself do not want to work to make a CEO's golden parachute a reality. Blacks have themselves to blame for the bad attitude just like any other ethnic group. Asians are the highest earning demographic because of higher education diplomas and that group is mostly centered around the people from India, the middle-aged and the elderly.

You are kidding yourself. Being poor sucks. You have stress because of worrying about getting and maintaining basic necessities. You have to do without stuff that you would really like to have. And you have no security, which sucks.

Doing better than that, has real benefits for you and your family.

That is not about "wealth accumulation" or a "CEO's golden parachute", it's about real problems.

You are kidding yourself. Being poor sucks. You have stress because of worrying about getting and maintaining basic necessities. You have to do without stuff that you would really like to have. And you have no security, which sucks.

That is not about "wealth accumulation" or a "CEO's golden parachute", it's about real problems.
Which is a good reason to expend the effort to move up to the middle class.

Agree. It seems as though some leftists think that if you’re not earning millions of dollars as a CEO, you are a “middle class drone” working to make the CEO rich - and that you’re allowing yourself to be exploited.

What their derision won’t allow themselves to see is that the “drone” is often using talents and interests honed during college and years of experience, and is now earning a comfortable salary enabling him or her to buy a nice home, go on great vacations, drive a late model car with all the great techno features, go to the Kennedy Center, sit in the “good” seats at Nationals Park, and so forth.

Dems are so focused on their hate/resentment for the rich that they can’t admit that they employ many people who, because they learned valuable skills, earn enough for a very nice life.

So….as my cruise ship was docked off Monaco, or Barcelona, or Santorini, or Marseille, or Rome, or wherever, and I was enjoying breakfast on the veranda before heading off on the shore excursion, was I thinking, “damn but that CEO is getting rich off of me?” No, I wasn’t. I was thinking, “life is wonderful.”

Last edited:
No, why can’t blacks who can’t move beyond poverty look to persecuted yet still successful minority groups and emulate their choices - rather than blame racism all the time?
Black Americans could learn a lot by emulating you
Then you would not have to start so many threads criticizing the way blacks live

Then you would not have to start so many threads criticizing the way blacks live

I remember one time I was frustrated with how my life was going.

I decided to "emulate" a more successful peer of mine.

It worked out very nicely for me.

I would recommend that to anyone.

Much better than emulating LESS successful people.

You know nothing about me. But you DO know that Jews and Asians place a high priority on getting married before having children, and on education. Not sure why you think it’s so horrible to point out lifestyle choices that enable persecuted minorities to become successful.

I remember one time I was frustrated with how my life was going.

I decided to "emulate" a more successful peer of mine.

It worked out very nicely for me.

I would recommend that to anyone.

Much better than emulating LESS successful people.
Precisely! That’s what normal people do when they want to succeed - they look at people more successful than they, and emulate them.

It’s unfortunate that leftists are so threatened by good behavior
that leads to success they have to discredit it, or ignore it.

You know nothing about me. But you DO know that Jews and Asians place a high priority on getting married before having children, and on education. Not sure why you think it’s so horrible to point out lifestyle choices that enable persecuted minorities to become successful.

Leftwingers think it is taboo for any white person to speak ill of someone with higher status (as per Identity Politics).

You’re being sarcastic, and criticizing me personally, which is against Zone 1 rules. I won’t report you this time, but in the future, please stay on the topic: Minorities who aren’t doing as well, as a whole, as other minorities who are doing better would gain by emulating the more successful groups.

Last edited:
Leftwingers think it is taboo for any white person to speak ill of someone with higher status (as per Identity Politics).
Really? I think they tend to discredit people who are more successful because it would imply that those who are less successful may be at least somewhat responsible for their poorer outcomes.

Forum List

Back