Zone1 Blacks should not resent other persecuted yet successful minorities but instead emulate their choices and actions that led to their success

Really? I think they tend to discredit people who are more successful because it would imply that those who are less successful may be at least somewhat responsible for their poorer outcomes.

I think that was more a paradigm back in the 80s and 90s. Now, it is.... more primal with less thinking than that.

1) It’s perfectly respectable, snob.

2) The complaints have been that a high percentage of blacks remain mired in poverty. To move into the middle class is an achievable, and admirable, goal for just about everyone.
19.5% live below the poverty line. 17% of Hispanics. Yet 25.4% of Native Americans do. Why do you assume they don’t value education?

19.5% live below the poverty line. 17% of Hispanics. Yet 25.4% of Native Americans do. Why do you assume they don’t value education?
They don’t value it as much as Jews and Asians, that’s for sure, and these two groups are succeeding well above the average. What’s so awful about recognizing positive traits that exist in other minority groups that enable their upward mobility, and then emulate it?

You know nothing about me. But you DO know that Jews and Asians place a high priority on getting married before having children, and on education. Not sure why you think it’s so horrible to point out lifestyle choices that enable persecuted minorities to become successful.
I know you believe yourself superior to most blacks……If only they could be more like you

Maybe you could volunteer to teach them

Why do you assume she assumes? She might have personal observations or hard data she based her conclusion on.
Did she post it? I must have missed those links amongst the snarking about leftists and those who dare to disagree. She posted they would “succeed” if (along with getting married) they valued education. So, it is reasonable to ask what evidence there is that they, uniquely, don’t? Your turn White Knight :)

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Did she post it? I must have missed those links amongst the snarking about leftists and those who dare to disagree. She posted they would “succeed” if (along with getting married) they valued education. So, it is reasonable to ask what evidence there is that they, uniquely, don’t? Your turn White Knight :)
Look up one post above yours, to the leftist calling me a racist and insulting me. We are in Zone 1. Why are you skipping over his nasty post, and zeroing in on mine - which makes a valid point: marriage before children and completing one’s education are highly correlated with success.

Look up one post above yours, to the leftist calling me a racist and insulting me. We are in Zone 1. Why are you skipping over his nasty post, and zeroing in on mine - which makes a valid point: marriage before children and completing one’s education are highly correlated with success.
Not denying that. But that is not the same as not valuing education. There are a lot of reasons people do not get a higher education.

• Thanks
Not denying that. But that is not the same as not valuing education. There are a lot of reasons people do not get a higher education.
But Jews and Asians STILL are better educated, and these same “reasons” would apply to them. They clearly are making it more of a priority.

But Jews and Asians STILL are better educated, and these same “reasons” would apply to them. They clearly are making it more of a priority.
There are a lot of different reasons, not the least being many also come from highly educated families which offers a certain advantage (as opposed to families of first gen students).

• Thanks
There are a lot of different reasons, not the least being many also come from highly educated families which offers a certain advantage (as opposed to families of first gen students).
Sounds like an excuse. There was an entire generation of children of uneducated Jewish immigrants who went to college. It was made a priority in those homes. When something is highly valued, you find ways to work around obstacles (including anti-Jew quotas).

Craziest thing is the most influential people in my life were or are Black, Hispanic and one Polish guy and I am WHITE.

A man that I look up to is Black and he served four decades for this country from Military to Diplomat and never once did I ever think anything different about him and wished I could be like him.

He has raised five beautiful children and is now enjoying his golden years with his grandchildren and his Filipina wife, so let me say that this nonsense Blacks must be more like Jews or Asians is hogwash!

The Hispanics I have known own their own companies and have put their kids through school and shown me what real work is and what family is!

The Polish guy was a teacher of mine and a farmer and the man was more of a man than I ever will be and he served in Korea but every year he would take us kids to the farm and have us work with him so we can learn about farming and other aspects of life!

I have lived a wild and crazy life and let me tell you my father was a Hobo and a cook that would sleep with anything that had a skirt…

Now of course my mother was actually beautiful and the wench tried to kill me when I was two because my father ( who was married ) ran away.

The Jewish grandfather that was my half-Aunt dad was as racist they come and hated his grandchildren except for one that wasn’t related to him and yep that was me!

My real grandfather ( mother side ) was a Nazi and I mean real Nazi that should have been shot!

What is my point, well people need to be who they want to be and we have good and bad in all segments of society but I left something out and I am also married to a Filipina and my adopted brother is Filipino and I will tell you I wouldn’t trade them for anyone in the world!

So let me be clear let people live their lives and stop trying to tell another race how they should be because all you are doing is causing issues that are not needed..

Sounds like an excuse. There was an entire generation of children of uneducated Jewish immigrants who went to college. It was made a priority in those homes. When something is highly valued, you find ways to work around obstacles (including anti-Jew quotas).
You make it sound like in one generation these Jews lifted themselves out of poverty but I don’t think that was the case (I’m assuming you are talking about the massive wave of immigration out of Eastern Europe?). Many were born into and lived and died in tbe abusive sweat industry, where child labor was the norm.

• Thanks
You make it sound like in one generation these Jews lifted themselves out of poverty but I don’t think that was the case (I’m assuming you are talking about the massive wave of immigration out of Eastern Europe?). Many were born into and lived and died in tbe abusive sweat industry, where child labor was the norm.
No true. The PARENTS who came over, uneducated and impoverished, and not even speaking the language, didn’t lift themselves out. But their CHILDREN did - the first in the family who didn’t have the advantages of coming from educated homes.

Yet they still managed to graduate from college, despite having all the disadvantages. What they DID have were parents who emphasized the value of higher education.

I don’t know why you find it so difficult to admit that Jews place a very big priority on education, and have for thousands of years. “Learning” is seen as a Mitzvah, in fact. And it’s the biggest reason that they lifted themselves out of abject poverty in a single generation, when they children became middle and upper-middle class: EDUCATION.

No true. The PARENTS who came over, uneducated and impoverished, and not even speaking the language, didn’t lift themselves out. But their CHILDREN did - the first in the family who didn’t have the advantages of coming from educated homes.

Yet they still managed to graduate from college, despite having all the disadvantages. What they DID have were parents who emphasized the value of higher education.

I don’t know why you find it so difficult to admit that Jews place a very big priority on education, and have for thousands of years. “Learning” is seen as a Mitzvah, in fact. And it’s the biggest reason that they lifted themselves out of abject poverty in a single generation, when they children became middle and upper-middle class: EDUCATION.
Wow, I knew a Lebanese born man who drove cab in New York for years to save up to move to Texas and when he got to Texas he bought a Chicken Franchise that was called Golden Fried Chicken which is now Golden Chick.

He worked that shack and bought two more and he didn’t have an ounce of education.

His kids didn’t do as well as him and live off the money their father made, so I am unsure why you believe the way you do…

You are turning this into a personal argument with me, rather than addressing the topic.

And yes, I have every right to try to assuage the resentment so many blacks have toward Jews since it exacerbates antisemitism, and as a Jew, antisemitism is unpleasant for me and my people.
I resent the "my people" thing regardless where it comes from.

My people are AMERICANS. My ancestors were British, but I dont call them "my people."

College isn't yhe answer for everyone, but there are many other options to lift oneself out of poverty

Plumbing, Mechanic, Electrician, and so on are fields that pay well along with driving and trucking.
Agree. But that still takes education. Nothing wrong with going to community college for a trade certificate, or even an AA. Pell grants will cover the cost for poor people.

But it still counts as EDUCATION.

New Topics

Forum List

Back