Bisquick coffee cake

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
So we were wanting something sweet, and I didn't want to go to the store for flour...or butter....or milk.

Enter BISQUICK COFFEE CAKE
0dfa7d9b-d6d8-4fe1-a13f-fa5f938a1b3b.jpg

Essentially Bisquick mix is cake mix. You add egg, oil, liquid...I used water.
I didn't have melted butter, so I used plain old corn oil.
I also used about 3 cups of bisquick, 2 eggs, and I made more of the streusel.
Oh and I probably used 2/3 of a cup of sugar in the batter..not 2tbsp that's crazy.
I added vanilla, as well.

Ingredients
Cinnamon Streusel
1/3cup Original Bisquick™ mix
1/3cup packed brown sugar
1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
2tablespoons firm butter or margarine
Coffee Cake
2cups Original Bisquick™ mix
2/3cup milk or water
2tablespoons sugar
1egg

Steps
  • 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round pan. In small bowl, stir streusel ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
  • 2 In medium bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients until blended. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with streusel.
  • 3 Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.

Streusel Coffee Cake

Bisquick? Eeewwwww....... Nasty!!

Nasty? So . . . you don't use wheat flour? Or cornstarch? Or salt? Or baking powder? Or is that you just don't mix those ingredients together?

Exactly what is it you're finding "nasty" about Bisquick?
It's the preservatives in Bisquick that's nasty, they change the taste. I'll mix my own thank you very much.

I usually mix my own, but Bisquick is fine and works great if you need to make something on the fly. Plus, the extra streusel is marvelous as a ice cream topping.

Nasty? So . . . you don't use wheat flour? Or cornstarch? Or salt? Or baking powder? Or is that you just don't mix those ingredients together?

It's the preservatives in Bisquick that's nasty, they change the taste. I'll mix my own thank you very much.

Exactly. Its fast, easy and you know what's in it.

When I had bookstores, there was a popular book of recipes using various homemade mixes like Bisquick but easy to get then on line.

So we were wanting something sweet, and I didn't want to go to the store for flour...or butter....or milk.

Oh and I probably used 2/3 of a cup of sugar in the batter..not 2tbsp that's crazy.

Ingredients
Cinnamon Streusel
Coffee Cake
2/3cup milk or water
2tablespoons sugar
1egg

Steps
  • 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round pan. In small bowl, stir streusel ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
  • 2 In medium bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients until blended. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with streusel.

Streusel Coffee Cake
Nobody makes good coffee cake anymore.

Exactly. Its fast, easy and you know what's in it.

When I had bookstores, there was a popular book of recipes using various homemade mixes like Bisquick but easy to get then on line.
If I was to use a mix it would be Pioneer brand, doesn't have the extra additives so it tastes more natural but then I'm not your typical American who is accustomed to what I like to call pre-fab foods......

Ingredients
Cinnamon Streusel
Coffee Cake
2/3cup milk or water
2tablespoons sugar
1egg

Steps

Streusel Coffee Cake

I do, although I obviously don't know what your personal idea of "good" is.

He's just an asshole...as is ludds.

They're going to lose their minds over 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies.

These are people who carefully inspect their own crap. They feel it is their duty to shriek about foods they find icky.

It's no different than any cake mix. Maybe you're in the wrong forum, dickwad.
Wow, I seem to be hitting a lot of raw nerves today........ Is it collectively that time of the month? :dunno:

I think I speak for kosher as well when I say EVERY time of the month is right for finding pretentious douche weasels annoying.
Are you a snowflake? :dunno:
:rofl:

Sooooo, I have a difference of opinion and that makes me an asshole...... Yup, sounds like you.......
No, the fact that you're an asshole makes you an asshole.

People who walk into my kitchen and shriek about how nasty my food is #1, won't get any, and #2 usually get chased with a broom and hit over the head. Then I sic the dog on them.

Totally serious.

Ingredients
Cinnamon Streusel
Coffee Cake
2/3cup milk or water
2tablespoons sugar
1egg

Steps

Streusel Coffee Cake

The boy loved it.

Sooooo, I have a difference of opinion and that makes me an asshole...... Yup, sounds like you.......

People who walk into my kitchen and shriek about how nasty my food is #1, won't get any, and #2 usually get chased with a broom and hit over the head. Then I sic the dog on them.

Totally serious.
Perpetual menstruation? :dunno:
Zero tolerance for faggot punks.

Totally serious.
Perpetual menstruation? :dunno:

Occam's Razor suggests that you're just a dick who blames other people instead of himself.

Forum List

Back