BIRDS

odanny

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
we have cardinals all year round - & they are monogamous. i can't whistle very well, but can mimic a male cardinal pretty well & one specifically will follow me around the yard while we sing to each other. i have baffles on the poles for all my feeders that the squirrels can't crawl around, but once in a while i get an acrobat that gets on the clothesline & then my BB gun comes out. i throw enough seed on the ground for groundfeeding birds & the squirrels are welcome to it- but that is never enough for them. the greedy bastards.

You can practice your pitch by listening to this:

Cardinals are my favorite, by far, and I really like the color of the females, the red and grey are beautiful together.

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This afternoon when I went outside I was greeted by the sweet sound of the summer birds, a big flock of starlings chirping and singing away in the next door neighbor's giant elms.

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is that ballistic gel in your pic? Can't figure out what those 3 things in the center are: lipstick, crayons?

Angelo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Specifically, Cardinals.
We have a pair that pays us a daily visit. They love whole Peanuts and Sunflower seeds. Problem is, so do the Squirrels. Damn tree rats hoover them up as soon as we put them out.
Solution: White Safflower seed.
Cardinals love them, vermin does not.
Our baby cardinals last spring;
birds.jpg
birds2.jpg
birds3.jpg

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List