Bill O'Reilly a Liar Like Brian Williams?

I'm sure we'll hear from Bill...

Bill doesn't need to lie to puff himself up. He is a self-confident man of integrity. He can back up everything he says and is.

SNIPS:

“Every single thing I have said about my reportorial career has been true.”

“I never said I was in the Falkland islands — ever. I said I covered the Falkland Islands War,” he told TheBlaze. “And if that moron doesn’t think it was a war zone in Buenos Aires, then he’s even dumber than I think he is.”

O’Reilly said it was clear why Mother Jones published the report.

“Have you looked at our ratings lately? He [Corn] works for MSNBC. We’re just killing him. We are wiping them out of the universe,” the Fox News host told TheBlaze. “It’s all about ideology and money. He’s got a chance to try and tie me into Brian Williams so he throws a bunch of lies to try to make that happen.”

O’Reilly then predicted the outlet would continue going after him.

“They are far-left zealots,” he told TheBlaze. “I mean, it’s disgusting, but that’s the world I live in.”

“I’ll reiterate one more time … every single thing I have said about my reportorial career has been true,” O’Reilly said. “Everything.”

O Reilly Blasts Disgusting Report Claiming He Misled Viewers About War Reporting Bunch of Lies TheBlaze.com

O'Reilly said "my unit" when referring to being in combat....since when do reporters, commentators or journalists have units? You don't make that type of faux pas if you are not trying to fool people into thinking you were in the military. He got his ass handed to him by a caller, and he lost his cool and made some nasty comments.....you don't get that angry unless you feel cornered....which I believe O'Reilly felt cornered, trapped, in his lie.

The difference though is that Bill O'Reilly is not a journalist. He should be held as accountable as Jon Stewart would be if he lied.

That's true, but to have Faux News viewers wanting Williams fired for his lies which never amounted to lying about serving in the military when O'Reilly clearly tried to make his audience think he had served in the military......and then getting mad at someone challenging him about it and getting upset and insulting.....that smacks of hypocrisy.
Aw you old crone, post a link to O'Reilly claiming he was in combat in the military.

All he has ever said was that he was in a war zone.

I don't watch the pompous ass, but he is not so stupid as to have claimed any military service he could not document.

Unlike some posters here.

But he wasn't in the war zone.

Reporters are attached to units....to be fair.

Leftist creepshow David Corn invented the whole story.....O'Reilly never claimed he was in the Falklands....only that he was in Argentina during the Falklands war. Corn is a dirtbag liar.

Sure he did
On his television show on April 17, 2013, Mr. O'Reilly said, "I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important." When and where did this happen?

O'Reilly said "my unit" when referring to being in combat....since when do reporters, commentators or journalists have units? You don't make that type of faux pas if you are not trying to fool people into thinking you were in the military. He got his ass handed to him by a caller, and he lost his cool and made some nasty comments.....you don't get that angry unless you feel cornered....which I believe O'Reilly felt cornered, trapped, in his lie.

Spot-on.

Sure he did
On his television show on April 17, 2013, Mr. O'Reilly said, "I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete. And the army was chasing us. I had to make a decision. And I dragged him off, you know, but at the same time, I'm looking around and trying to do my job, but I figure I had to get this guy out of there because that was more important." When and where did this happen?

He never said that...he was in Buenos Aires being chased by cops during the Falklands war....I'm not going to post this again for you mouth-breathers....Brian Williams can't be salvaged by going after BillO....it's pathetic.

Yes he did. He says it in the video used in the OP.

No he didn't, asshole.
Did to asshole. Right at the beginning at .26 seconds in he claims he was in a "war zone in Argentina, the Falklands" and he than tells a story of having rescued a man from the war zone. Easy to check, don't have to watch the whole video, only about 35 seconds of it.

He was being chased by cops in Buenos Aires and never said otherwise....you lose (as usual).

No, he said it was a war zone and the army was chasing him.

Bill: "I tell you what, I've been in combat. I've seen it. I've been close to it. And if my unit is in danger and I got a captured guy and the guy knows where the enemy is and I'm looking him in the eye, the guy better tell me. That's all I'm gonna tell you. If it's life or death, he's going first."

Reporters are in combat units?

Sure he did

He never said that...he was in Buenos Aires being chased by cops during the Falklands war....I'm not going to post this again for you mouth-breathers....Brian Williams can't be salvaged by going after BillO....it's pathetic.

If you would post a quote or link, you wouldn't have to do it again. Otherwise it's just more bulkurtz ranting. Nobody pays any attention to that.

No, he said it was a war zone and the army was chasing him.

Fine, it was the "army" chasing him and his news crew...in Buenos Aires, DURING the Falklands War....Argentina was at war with Britain and the whole country was on alert....not just in the disputed Falklands...you idiots don't even know what that war was about....you learned nothing but "diversity" in school and yet are the most racist and misogynistic cretins in the history of the USA....I truly pity you.

Bill: "I tell you what, I've been in combat. I've seen it. I've been close to it. And if my unit is in danger and I got a captured guy and the guy knows where the enemy is and I'm looking him in the eye, the guy better tell me. That's all I'm gonna tell you. If it's life or death, he's going first."

yes...reporters are assigned/ attached to units.

Of course they are, but Billo wasn't one of them.

I don;t know about that...just keeping the discussion honest. Then again, the asshole who steals USMC valor is trolling in my thread, so the honesty level went down as soon as his stolen valor asshole posted.

I don;t know about that...just keeping the discussion honest. Then again, the asshole who steals USMC valor is trolling in my thread, so the honesty level went down as soon as his stolen valor asshole posted.

From the Mother Jones article
Robert Fox, one of the embedded British reporters, recalled, "We were, in all, a party of about 32-34 accredited journalists, photographers, television crew members. We were all white, male, and British. There was no embedded reporter from Europe, the Commonwealth or the US (though they tried hard enough), let alone from Latin America."
Bill O Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem Mother Jones

You wouldn't know "honest" if it tit-punched ya, queer-bait. As to the "stolen valor" horseshit, tell me that to my face sometime....I'd be glad to set you straight.

You wouldn't know "honest" if it tit-punched ya, queer-bait. As to the "stolen valor" horseshit, tell me that to my face sometime....I'd be glad to set you straight.
Any time, puyssy....anyone who pretends to be a US Marine and steal their valor is a pussy bitch.

Forum List

Back