biggest difference between Catholic and Protestant... Real Presence

You live where S & M are part of public school curriculum? Shrug. I guess if the community is okay with it, they would be okay with illustrations as well. Do you believe this corrupts teaching about S & M, if this is part of your school's curriculum?

Public schools in my area do focus on the reproductive system, and in some classes students draw their own sketches of this system, just as they sketch out the cardio-vascular, digestive, and respiratory systems. There are posters of these systems, just as there are posters on Greek, Chinese, and American history and cultures. I am especially fond of a mouse in an English classroom illustrating all the prepositions (up, under, behind, before, etc.)

My question remains. Do classroom posters corrupt the central teaching?
Let's get back to the serious discussion and stop playing this diversion simpleness. Your attachment to your doctrines and training are admirably strong. They do not refute, however, the message of Jesus and his teachings.
There is no intercessor. There is no intermediary. There is no thing that helps. There is one route to unity with the full life Jesus spoke of. It is not easy because of what we go through in this world, but it is not complex. Become childlike/innocent in listening to the message. Receive directly the inspiration. Eschew diversions, distractions and perversions the world piles all about you. If you are really strong, you can help others. If you are really strong, you can protect the sheep from the wolves. If you are of average strength, you will be able to save yourself. All the material items in the world cannot help. All the sympathy and emotion for other things cannot help. No heart melting images are of any use for other than distraction and impediment.
One may engage in as much pomp and opulence as one wishes and perhaps one will still get the full benefit of Jesus' promises nonetheless. That is a matter for the ultimate authority. All the material and imagined accoutrements are, just the same, totally unnecessary and for most people they are a distraction and a diversion.

That is the ideal. Ahead of that I promote seek and find God. If someone finds God in an alternate place, I am all for it. However, I will not be the one to lead them there. The faith I know is Catholic. It was through the Catholic faith that I met up with God.
Most Christians would repeat what Jesus said, that no one approaches Jesus' father except through Jesus.

yeh, a lot of protesters I've talked to in the past seemed to be like that... always attackng the Catholic faith but not focusing so much on their own...

tells u something..

And they insist they are right even when they have NO argument to submit against a given Catholic tenet of the faith

well, what do we expect of people who are not in the Church Christ founded?

+
If that's not a baiting question if I ever saw one...LOL! Christ didn't found the Catholic Church. If he did, he's no longer supporting the Church after the Popes that were murderers, tortures during the dark ages. Then, where did "Popes" come from? What's a Pope? Christ gave Prophets and Apostles to lead the Church. Not Popes, Cardinals and Arch Bishops. What is a Cardinal? And, the only Orders of the Priesthood given in the NT are the Orders after Melchizedek and Aaron. What the heck is a Franciscan or Jesuit and the other Orders? Where did those come from and what happened to the Melchizedek and Aaron Orders? And, Jesus said do all things in His "NAME." You can't even name His Church after His Name.

I've stated many tenets of the Catholic Faith that are incorrect. The sacraments becoming the literal body of Christ for one. Disgusting one for sure. Grotesque. Try me on another one. You obviously wanted me to respond to your big bold letter question. :hyper:

Should there be no prayer since God knows what we need before we ask? Catholics believe that both the living and those who have passed on are alive in the Body of Christ. If someone wishes to talk about their problem to Mary or a patron saint, why do people make such an issue of it? If people ask others to pray with them, why is that upsetting?

If the light of a candle, a closet of darkness, or a rosary and crucifix helps one to focus on God, that is not worshiping the candle light, the darkness, the rosary, or the crucifix. Is it wrong if someone finds peace under a tree, walking by the ocean? Then why would it be wrong if a meaningful piece of art is equally helpful. It is God we worship, not peace, and not the atmosphere that helps us to feel at peace so that we might more fully worship.

Most Christians would repeat what Jesus said, that no one approaches Jesus' father except through Jesus.
Perhaps they should also remember that scripture also tells the Holy Spirit blows where it wishes.

Again, it was Jesus and the Catholic faith that tossed me into the lap of God, so that is the way I know. I can testify it works. But we should also remember those of the Jewish faith that were touched by God.

That is the ideal. Ahead of that I promote seek and find God. If someone finds God in an alternate place, I am all for it. However, I will not be the one to lead them there. The faith I know is Catholic. It was through the Catholic faith that I met up with God.
were u raised CAtholic?

convert?

leading them there is bad

not leading them to Christ is also bad.. His Church... The Word says that Even the just are BARELY saved [emphasis added]

If that's not a baiting question if I ever saw one...LOL! Christ didn't found the Catholic Church. If he did, he's no longer supporting the Church after the Popes that were murderers, tortures during the dark ages. Then, where did "Popes" come from? What's a Pope? Christ gave Prophets and Apostles to lead the Church. Not Popes, Cardinals and Arch Bishops. What is a Cardinal? And, the only Orders of the Priesthood given in the NT are the Orders after Melchizedek and Aaron. What the heck is a Franciscan or Jesuit and the other Orders? Where did those come from and what happened to the Melchizedek and Aaron Orders? And, Jesus said do all things in His "NAME." You can't even name His Church after His Name.

I've stated many tenets of the Catholic Faith that are incorrect. The sacraments becoming the literal body of Christ for one. Disgusting one for sure. Grotesque. Try me on another one. You obviously wanted me to respond to your big bold letter question. :hyper:
The Church is indestructible (mt 1618)

The Catholic Church is the only visible Christian Church that has been with us throughout the last 20 centuries...(the only Church, period!)

Find another that can say that... but there is no other bc t here is only ONE Church

again, it was called Catholic at least as early as AD 107

find another that claims that

you cannot

Perhaps they should also remember that scripture also tells the Holy Spirit blows where it wishes.

Again, it was Jesus and the Catholic faith that tossed me into the lap of God, so that is the way I know. I can testify it works. But we should also remember those of the Jewish faith that were touched by God.
That is fine. As a wise man said, "All roads lead to enlightenment".

That is fine. As a wise man said, "All roads lead to enlightenment".
that is NOT wise

Jesus said that the only way to Heaven is through HIM

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life... No one goes to the Father except through ME

I believe Jesus

I know HIm... thanks to his Church

that is NOT wise

Jesus said that the only way to Heaven is through HIM

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life... No one goes to the Father except through ME

I believe Jesus

I know HIm... thanks to his Church
You will no doubt admit that the road away from Jesus leads away from enlightenment.

You will no doubt admit that the road away from Jesus leads away from enlightenment.
absolutely.

Which of our "leaders" past or present actually suffered egregiously and DIED for us, to save us from mortal sin (all sin, but I especially focus on mortal sin)?

which of them started a Church, one that brings us closer to God?

most leaders only care about themselves.. and besides, even when they care about others...(Buddha) they are not God, as Jesus claimed to be/IS

Last edited:
society in general is anti-Christ.. they (people therein) try to get Catholics away from this "idea" that there is only one Way to Heaven...

we can't buy it..

God will take care of all those who are in "honest" ignorance about the Catholic faith... but we do not help God when/if we give people the notion that they are saved and will find God in a big way or what have u... even if they reject Christ... I am not accusing you of that, but basing my comments on things u have said..

somewhere in the Word it says that Even the just are barely saved.. I know this from experience also... how sinful I am even when I try to live according to Jesus's Commandments every day.. (though no mortal sin in a long time). That is why Jesus had to die 4 us... we cannot "get there" without His Sacrifice... without accepting it and living His commandments

absolutely.

Which of our "leaders" past or present actually suffered egregiously and DIED for us, to save us from mortal sin (all sin, but I especially focus on mortal sin)?

which of them started a Church, one that brings us closer to God?

most leaders only care about themselves.. and besides, even when they care about others...(Buddha) they are not God, as Jesus claimed to be/IS
So, as enlightenment is a destination, all roads leading from it also lead back.

So, as enlightenment is a destination, all roads leading from it also lead back.
no idea what u are getting at

"Enlightenment" can be defined thousands of ways... I don't see any definition here...

my definition is Jesus Christ and His Holy Church

no idea what u are getting at

"Enlightenment" can be defined thousands of ways... I don't see any definition here...

my definition is Jesus Christ and His Holy Church
Above in the posts it was established the the road to Jesus is the road to enlightenment.

The Church is indestructible (mt 1618)

The Catholic Church is the only visible Christian Church that has been with us throughout the last 20 centuries...(the only Church, period!)

Find another that can say that... but there is no other bc t here is only ONE Church

again, it was called Catholic at least as early as AD 107

find another that claims that

you cannot
Christ didn't found the Catholic Church. If he did, he's no longer supporting the Church after the Popes that were murderers, tortures during the dark ages. Then, where did "Popes" come from? What's a Pope? Christ gave Prophets and Apostles to lead the Church. Not Popes, Cardinals and Arch Bishops. What is a Cardinal? And, the only Orders of the Priesthood given in the NT are the Orders after Melchizedek and Aaron. What the heck is a Franciscan or Jesuit and the other Orders? Where did those come from and what happened to the Melchizedek and Aaron Orders? And, Jesus said do all things in His "NAME." You can't even name His Church after His Name. I've stated many tenets of the Catholic Faith that are incorrect. The sacraments becoming the literal body of Christ for one. Disgusting one for sure. Grotesque. Try me on another one. You obviously wanted me to respond to your big bold letter question.

Your claims are your reasons you think the Lord claims the Catholic Church his. But, your claim isn't any reason for this. Any more reason than Protestant Churches claims. For, they came up out of the false Catholic Church teaching false doctrines. The Apostle Paul said there would be a great apostasy where the Catholic Church would lose it's claims. And, it happened. This is why Jesus Christ had to restore His Church, but not through the corruption of Catholicism. He had to start new with a new Prophet of God. He did. Joseph Smith and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's restored Church and the only one with authority of Jesus Christ.

Forum List

Back