Biggest causes of genocide?

No.

There have been nationalist movements in basically every country in the world, sure.

But that's not the dominant ideology in the US - no matter how much the Trumpists work towards that goal - or in many other western cultures.

Ironically, the antidote to nationalism is globalism.
So the problem is, humans have had a problem of looking at the enemy that wants to kill you, like an enemy that wants to kill you?

Illegal immigrants from Mexico aren't trying to kill you, but that doesn't stop you from making them the enemy.

Eisenhower mass-deported Mexicans in Operation Wetback.

Now, what major genocide, war event etc. did Eisenhower foster that was so bad?

I have not claimed that every nationalistic government or policy has led to genocide.

The inverse, however, is a different story. Every genocide has been driven by nationalism.

Take 2.)
I have not claimed that every Human government, or policy has led to genocide.

The inverse, however, is a different story. Every genocide has been driven by Humans.

Take 3.)
I have not claimed that every greedy government, or policy has led to genocide.

The inverse, however is a different story, every genocide has been driven by greed.

Take 4.)
I have not claimed that different cultures meeting in policy has led to genocide.

The inverse, however is a different story, every time there's been genocide there's been a clash of cultures.

Take 5.)
I have no claimed that different weapons meeting in policy has led to genocide.

The inverse, however is a different story, every time there's been a genocide there's been weapons involved.

So?

Take 1 (Your comment) might tell us that Nations are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Take 2 (My mockery) might tell us we can believe that perhaps "Humans" are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Take 3 ( My mockery) might tell us we can believe that perhaps "Money + Trade, and Barter" are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Take 4 (My mockery) might tell us we can believe that perhaps " Cultures" are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Take 5 (My mockery) might tell us that we can believe that perhaps "Weapons" are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Okay, this is basically an outline of Communist Psychopathy.

I understand that your impulse is to attack Communism.

It's a completely understandable instinct. This is the internet, after all - and everything gets all mixed up trying to force a full-color world into black and white.

But I'm not defending communism. You're attacking a third party. I'm not a communist, I'm a capitalist. Most, if not all "Communist" governments have ended up in tyrannies and mass killing on a level not seen in history.

Doc is per usual spinning his usual half dumb/half dishonest rhetoric.

There are lots and lots of nationalist countries that have never engaged in genocide.

There are no commie countries that haven't.

There are lots and lots of nationalist and CHRISTIAN countries that haven't engaged in genocide...and the US is the primary of those...

There are zero atheist countries that haven't engaged in genocide.

Every single genocide that has ever occurred in history was in pursuit of a nationalistic goal.

If you think the Communists were Nationalists, then basically everybody's a bunch of Nationalists to some degree.

The Communists in fact had a lot of anti-Nationalist sentiments, such as destroying cultural elements, like religion, or traditions in many cases.
Mao policies of going to Industrialization put people in jobs with no skills and took them out of the farming duties they usually worked on..........Ad in a drought and Typhoons the food crops died and they couldn't feed their people.

Nearly 45 million died as a result of Mao policies.

Yes, yes. Mao is evil, etc, etc.

No one is debating that.

We all agree. Mao was, in the ways that matter, as bad as Hitler or Stalin.

Humans are a bigger factor in genocide rather than Nationalism.

So, perhaps genocide is the answer that will solve the Human problem of genocide.

(Just kidding obviously)

Reframe that.

Nationalism is a symptom of humanity.

Humanity itself Is always the root of every problem.

So the problem is, humans have had a problem of looking at the enemy that wants to kill you, like an enemy that wants to kill you?

Illegal immigrants from Mexico aren't trying to kill you, but that doesn't stop you from making them the enemy.

I have not claimed that every nationalistic government or policy has led to genocide.

The inverse, however, is a different story. Every genocide has been driven by nationalism.

Take 2.)

The inverse, however, is a different story. Every genocide has been driven by Humans.

Take 3.)

The inverse, however is a different story, every genocide has been driven by greed.

Take 4.)
I have not claimed that different cultures meeting in policy has led to genocide.

The inverse, however is a different story, every time there's been genocide there's been a clash of cultures.

Take 5.)

The inverse, however is a different story, every time there's been a genocide there's been weapons involved.

So?

Take 1 (Your comment) might tell us that Nations are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Take 2 (My mockery) might tell us we can believe that perhaps "Humans" are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Take 3 ( My mockery) might tell us we can believe that perhaps "Money + Trade, and Barter" are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Take 4 (My mockery) might tell us we can believe that perhaps " Cultures" are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

Take 5 (My mockery) might tell us that we can believe that perhaps "Weapons" are a problem, and thus must be liquidated.

It's a completely understandable instinct. This is the internet, after all - and everything gets all mixed up trying to force a full-color world into black and white.

But I'm not defending communism. You're attacking a third party. I'm not a communist, I'm a capitalist. Most, if not all "Communist" governments have ended up in tyrannies and mass killing on a level not seen in history.

What makes you sure that Nationalism is more present in genocide rather than greed?

A lot of genocides were probably more greed driven, actually.

1.) The terror famines of India by the British Empire stealing resources from India. (15 - 60 million killed likely)

2.) King Leopold's II of Belgium behind the Belgian Congo genocide stealing rubber, labor, slaves, to death in the Congo. (5 - 15 million killed likely)

3.) The Holodomor stole grains from Ukraine to support the Soviet system to let them die in mass, (3 - 8 million killed likely)

4.) Even the Holocaust the Nazis stole gold from Jews, and others. (Likely 11 - 14 million killed in the Holocaust)

5.) Even Operation Barbarossa was likely more about Colonial profits to German elites (Likely 20 - 30 million Russians + Ukrainians killed_

Every single genocide that has ever occurred in history was in pursuit of a nationalistic goal.

If you think the Communists were Nationalists, then basically everybody's a bunch of Nationalists to some degree.

The Communists in fact had a lot of anti-Nationalist sentiments, such as destroying cultural elements, like religion, or traditions in many cases.
Mao policies of going to Industrialization put people in jobs with no skills and took them out of the farming duties they usually worked on..........Ad in a drought and Typhoons the food crops died and they couldn't feed their people.

Yes, yes. Mao is evil, etc, etc.

No one is debating that.

We all agree. Mao was, in the ways that matter, as bad as Hitler or Stalin.

Humans are a bigger factor in genocide rather than Nationalism.

So, perhaps genocide is the answer that will solve the Human problem of genocide.

(Just kidding obviously)

Reframe that.

Nationalism is a symptom of humanity.

Humanity itself Is always the root of every problem.

Without Nationalism we won't have cultures, and those cultures will be gone forever.

Isn't that eerily similar to extermination, just this time in the terms of "Culture" rather than overt genocide.

There are lots and lots of nationalist countries that have never engaged in genocide.

There are lots and lots of nationalist and CHRISTIAN countries that haven't engaged in genocide...and the US is the primary of those...

I'm well aware of that, but I don't think Mao was particularly Nationalist, do you?

Take 2.)

Take 3.)

Take 4.)

Take 5.)

So?

What makes you sure that Nationalism is more present in genocide rather than greed?

1.) The terror famines of India by the British Empire stealing resources from India. (15 - 60 million killed likely)

2.) King Leopold's II of Belgium behind the Belgian Congo genocide stealing rubber, labor, slaves, to death in the Congo. (5 - 15 million killed likely)

3.) The Holodomor stole grains from Ukraine to support the Soviet system to let them die in mass, (3 - 8 million killed likely)

4.) Even the Holocaust the Nazis stole gold from Jews, and others. (Likely 11 - 14 million killed in the Holocaust)

5.) Even Operation Barbarossa was likely more about Colonial profits to German elites (Likely 20 - 30 million Russians + Ukrainians killed_

:lol:

If you try hard enough, you can blame every bad thing that's ever happened on a "sin".

I'm not talking about the ends, I'm talking about the means.

I'm well aware of that, but I don't think Mao was particularly Nationalist, do you?
According to Webster Nationalism is very broad based. LOL

Take 2.)

Take 3.)

Take 4.)

Take 5.)

So?

If you try hard enough, you can blame every bad thing that's ever happened on a "sin".

I'm actually blaming the "Virtues" more in my OP, rather than the "Sins"

I think love is the biggest problem.

Blind love of politicians, blind love of politician authority, blind love of political factions not only gives them power, it makes people submissive, obedient, and tolerant of them, this leads to a sort of support of "Can do no wrong" of politicians / politic parties.

That this is what is the biggest factor is in every genocide.

That yes, populations with these traits will have more genocide, it happened in Japan they were so brainwashed they thought their leader was God, look at North Korea how brainwashed they are, and we're not much better, similar in Germany from Kaiser, to Hitler, to Merkel, or Russia where they went from Commie tyrants to Putin.

Take 2.)

Take 3.)

Take 4.)

Take 5.)

So?

Blind love of politicians, blind love of politician authority, blind love of political factions not only gives them power, it makes people submissive, obedient, and tolerant of them, this leads to a sort of support of "Can do no wrong" of politicians / politic parties.

That yes, populations with these traits will have more genocide, it happened in Japan they were so brainwashed they thought their leader was God, look at North Korea how brainwashed they are, and we're not much better, similar in Germany from Kaiser, to Hitler, to Merkel, or Russia where they went from Commie tyrants to Putin.

You're still missing the point.

You can blame everything on aspects of human nature - whether you want to classify them as "sins" or "virtues". But that doesn't actually mean anything.

What solution to "greed" can you come up with?

Take 2.)

Take 3.)

Take 4.)

Take 5.)

So?

You can blame everything on aspects of human nature - whether you want to classify them as "sins" or "virtues". But that doesn't actually mean anything.

There is Evil and Goodness in this world................Evil is when the Human Nature decides to slaughter one another for gain or hate. In Rwanda they went postal over a Civil War.........to overthrow the gov't. People in the same villages who used to be friends started killing each other. It was......you are with us or you are dead. And they slaughtered each other...........neighbor against neighbor...........and many used to like each other.

Take 2.)

Take 3.)

Take 4.)

Take 5.)

So?

Humanity's flawed.

Okay, so why are some Humans so greedy, and some aren't?

Okay, so if there's a problem, do we solve it by doing nothing?

There is Evil and Goodness in this world................Evil is when the Human Nature decides to slaughter one another for gain or hate. In Rwanda they went postal over a Civil War.........to overthrow the gov't. People in the same villages who used to be friends started killing each other. It was......you are with us or you are dead. And they slaughtered each other...........neighbor against neighbor...........and many used to like each other.

So, it's evil to slaughter, what about to slaughter Nazis?

That was a War..........and yes we bombed them into the stone age. Are you saying that it was wrong to bust them up..............

That was a War..........and yes we bombed them into the stone age. Are you saying that it was wrong to bust them up..............

Was the Dresden Firebombing justified?

We were at War...............They fired rockets into London and burned parts of it down.

You are attempting to make it sound like we were the bad ones here. That dog don't hunt with me. Hitler was an Evil SOB and had to be taken down. Stalin was an Evil SOB who killed over 20 million of his own people. But the world wasn't prepared to continue another War with it.

Your skirt is showing on that last one.

We were at War...............They fired rockets into London and burned parts of it down.

You are attempting to make it sound like we were the bad ones here. That dog don't hunt with me. Hitler was an Evil SOB and had to be taken down. Stalin was an Evil SOB who killed over 20 million of his own people. But the world wasn't prepared to continue another War with it.

So, why was nothing done to stop Stalin in the 1930's during the Holodomor + Gulag genocides?

So, why was little done to stop Lenin at the turn into 1920 during the Russian Civil War + Volga Famine?

Soviets killed more than 20 million, and Churchill, FDR, and Truman promoted them to kill their way to Berlin, and enslave half of Europe, in Yalta, and Potsdam Conference.

So, was it really about stopping genocide?

Or, was it about stopping Fascism?

I'd say it was about stopping Fascism.

The fact that the Western Anglo allies invaded Fascist Italy first, who weren't terribly evil, says it all.

I'd like to hear how Churchill, FDR, and Truman 3 Anglo Freemasons were somehow "Staunch anti-Genocide"

1.) They all were warned about the Holocaust by Polish Jan Karski years earlier, but did nothing.

2.) While war was declared on Nazis by Churchill, he did not help Poland directly, really through out the course of WW2, not even in the roughly 9 months that passed between the invasion of Poland to the invasion of France.

3.) There's books written about how the Western Anglo allies including the U.S.A didn't do much at all to try to stop the Holocaust, when they could've bombed rails, and other Holocaust infrastructure.

4. ) They lied / hid about Katyn Massacre genocide to appease the murderous Soviets / Stalin.

5.) They killed German civilians, in a genocide, non-military target, at the Dresden Firebombing killing 25,000 +

6.) Truman bombed Japan with the A-Bomb killing many Japanese civilians killing 200,000 +

7.) Churchill had a genocide event on his hands, where 2 - 4 million starved in India in the Bengali Famine of 1943, caused by stealing India's resources.

8.) They propped up Stalin to kill his way to Berlin by the Lend-Lease aid. About 4 million Germans were killed.

9.) They propped up Stalin to over-take Central-Eastern Europe in Potsdam, Yalta, and Tehran Conferences, 500,000 Germans perished, another 500,000 Polish perished etc. etc. due to Communist policies following WW2.

So, actually to say that these Anglo Freemasons were much better than Hitler isn't really very true to me at all.

Not only did these Anglo Freemasons also killed multiple millions, they seem to enabled much of the issues.

Humanity's flawed.
Yes.

Okay, so why are some Humans so greedy, and some aren't?

Why are some cats white, and some cats black?

Okay, so if there's a problem, do we solve it by doing nothing?

Not every problem has a solution.

Forum List

Back