CDZ Big Government And Big Church Are Now The Same Thing

Our ancestors escaped Europe to set up shop over here for that very reason. Is another 1776 moment needed again, to retake individual liberty, that is being eroded under the guise of religious freedom?

Can you give some examples of what you are referring to?

Our ancestors escaped Europe to set up shop over here for that very reason. Is another 1776 moment needed again, to retake individual liberty, that is being eroded under the guise of religious freedom?

You may have a point there, the Obergefell decision which makes the Radical Episcopalianist doctrine of gay marriage a secular law is a disgrace.

But the Good Lord willing, this atrocity will soon be removed from our law books.

If a couple of punks want to get decked out in wedding dresses and pretend to "get married" in accordance with a radical liberal religion, that's fine with me. But I should not be forced to honor these doctrines as an American.

You may have a point there, the Obergefell decision which makes the Radical Episcopalianist doctrine of gay marriage a secular law is a disgrace.

But the Good Lord willing, this atrocity will soon be removed from our law books.

If a couple of punks want to get decked out in wedding dresses and pretend to "get married" in accordance with a radical liberal religion, that's fine with me. But I should not be forced to honor these doctrines as an American.

As I have stated before, Obergfell should have just forced all States to recognize SSM licenses issued in other States, just like they are required to do so now, even if the people don't meet the requirements for a licenses issued in their State.

Many Puritans came to the US to escape persecution but I have also heard they did not offer much in the way of personal freedom.

1. What liberties are being eroded away?

2. If you are discussing Roe vs Wade you need to be more clear in your discussion and before the USSC ruling back in the early 1970’s abortion was a State issue, so how are the Founding Fathers involve in this seeing abortion was frowned on in their time?

As I have stated before, Obergfell should have just forced all States to recognize SSM licenses issued in other States, just like they are required to do so now, even if the people don't meet the requirements for a licenses issued in their State.
Pish posh.

End licensing and return marriage to the realm of common law.

Can you give some examples of what you are referring to?

Legislation, and court rulings over the last 40 years, on issues ranging from abortion, employee rights, tax payer funding of religious organizations, and schools, etc.

The list is quite extensive with just the simplest of research efforts. The latest Supreme Court decision just bubbling to the surface.

Legislation, and court rulings over the last 40 years, on issues ranging from abortion, employee rights, tax payer funding of religious organizations, and schools, etc.

The list is quite extensive with just the simplest of research efforts. The latest Supreme Court decision just bubbling to the surface.
IOW, you cannot......You're just howling at the moon.

My ancestors came to America to pursue ground floor opportunities in the emerging field of coal excavation and transportation. Paid pretty well for the time and men with strong backs were needed. They had just as much- and probably more- religious freedom in the backwaters of Austria-Hungarian Empire from which they came. After all, liberal Democrat groups like the Trip K were pestering Catholics in this nation.

So I was correct this has more to do with reversing the Roe vs Wade decision which has not been made official as of yet but look like will be reversed.

Hate to tell you the Founding Father’s would not be in support of any Federal Government overreach and would tell you this is a State to State issue, so deal with it on that level.

Also in your own words in this thread you are calling for armed conflict and revolution and the death of this you oppose because you do not like the ruling of the USSC and before you say never said it, well you are implying it!

The true threat of this Nation is the radical factions of all sides that believe violence will solve their issues while never learning all it will do is get them killed.

So think before you act but then again you never were the one to think and have always reacted when you never get your way…

Last edited:
Pish posh.

End licensing and return marriage to the realm of common law.

Nothing wrong with government codifying a contract and calling it marriage. Nothing wrong with a State legislature extending that to same sex couples if they do so via legislative action.

Also precedent shows marriage licenses are transferrable even if you don't meet the requirements in the State you are moving to. THAT would have been a proper decision, but they went with the Roe scorched earth method.

Marriage is a legal contract between consenting adults. It's not about religion.

Nothing wrong with government codifying a contract and calling it marriage. Nothing wrong with a State legislature extending that to same sex couples if they do so via legislative action.
Yes there is....

The license circumvents and obviates the contract, in lieu of that state mandated license.
Also precedent shows marriage licenses are transferrable even if you don't meet the requirements in the State you are moving to. THAT would have been a proper decision, but they went with the Roe scorched earth method.
All that does is make the power of The State over those holding the license transferable....A license is permission, not a right...It puts the individual in a subservient position, and The State superior.

Marriage is a legal contract between consenting adults. It's not about religion.
But

A Church shouldn’t be forced to Marry someone of the Same Sex unless they are willing to do it…

The left would have it where a Church would be forced to do the ceremony or face State sanctions against it but then make sure a Mosque is not held to the same standard.

So let be clear the left is after a certain segment of society and the OP is known for his hate for anything right of them and is well documented in telling the board he want war…

Yes there is....

The license circumvents and obviates the contract, in lieu of that state mandated license.

All that does is make the power of The State over those holding the license transferable....A license is permission, not a right...It puts the individual in a subservient position, and The State superior.
The marriage contract is just registered with the state.

But

A Church shouldn’t be forced to Marry someone of the Same Sex unless they are willing to do it…

The left would have it where a Church would be forced to do the ceremony or face State sanctions against it but then make sure a Mosque is not held to the same standard.

So let be clear the left is after a certain segment of society and the OP is known for his hate for anything right of them and is well documented in telling the board he want war…
Of course not. That's up to the church.

The marriage contract is just registered with the state.
captain_obvious.jpg

So you have nothing. Lol

Forum List

Back