Biden's Fatal Mistake?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Joe Biden may have sown up the Democrat nomination for President, but his thoughtless commitment to pick a woman (of color?) has made it much less likely that he can be elected. Because of his age and mental health issues, there will be serious questions about his capacity to serve out one full term as President, much less two. As a result, his choice for Vice President will be much more important to voters than in previous elections.,

The problem with his impulsive remark is that he will have reduced the gravity of his choice to that of tokenism. By ruling out a large majority of potential candidates, the person he selects will be scrutinized to a much greater degree than is usual. If it is seen as simply pandering to a particular voting block, the negative effects of this selection may far outweigh the positive.

I have no doubt that the DNC is weighing all of these considerations very carefully. The next four months will be verrry interesting...

Last edited:
Joe Biden may have sown up the Democrat nomination for President, but his thoughtless commitment to pick a woman (of color?) has made it much less likely that he could be elected. Because of his age and mental health issues, there will be serious questions about his capacity to serve out one full term as President, much less two. As a result, his choice for Vice President is much more important to voters than in previous elections.,

The problem with his commitment is that he will have reduced the gravity of his choice to that of tokenism. By ruling out all male (and White?) candidates, the person he selects will be scrutinized to a much greater degree than is usual. If it is seen as simply pandering to a particular voting block, the negative effects of this selection may far outweigh the positive.

I have no doubt that the DNC is weighing all of these considerations very carefully. The next four months will be verrry interesting...
Tokenism for the Party that lives on it

Seems appropriate.

Joe Biden may have sown up the Democrat nomination for President, but his thoughtless commitment to pick a woman (of color?) has made it much less likely that he could be elected. Because of his age and mental health issues, there will be serious questions about his capacity to serve out one full term as President, much less two. As a result, his choice for Vice President is much more important to voters than in previous elections.,

The problem with his commitment is that he will have reduced the gravity of his choice to that of tokenism. By ruling out all male (and White?) candidates, the person he selects will be scrutinized to a much greater degree than is usual. If it is seen as simply pandering to a particular voting block, the negative effects of this selection may far outweigh the positive.

Joe Voter Does not a flying rip.

Joe Biden may have sown up the Democrat nomination for President, but his thoughtless commitment to pick a woman (of color?) has made it much less likely that he can be elected. Because of his age and mental health issues, there will be serious questions about his capacity to serve out one full term as President, much less two. As a result, his choice for Vice President will be much more important to voters than in previous elections.,

The problem with his impulsive remark is that he will have reduced the gravity of his choice to that of tokenism. By ruling out a large majority of potential candidates, the person he selects will be scrutinized to a much greater degree than is usual. If it is seen as simply pandering to a particular voting block, the negative effects of this selection may far outweigh the positive.

Another thread on this?

.you guys need new material.

There is a reason that Clyburn endorsed him and that reason is that the party elders (rumored to be Obama) decided that of the field, Joe was the one they wanted.

Look at it this way -- should Joe be elected, he's a go along to get along guy. He will be a captive of the Swamp/Deep State. He'll sign whatever they put in front of him.

The elders will decide the VP choice. The conventional wisdom is that a VP choice has only helped a ticket once -- the selection of LBJ. The idea is not to hurt. Yes, because Joe is clearly not all there, people may think twice this time.

I see the choice as being either anodyne -- Klobochar or a typical political choice -- Warren or Hillary (yes, I said it). I am assuming Michelle does not want the job although from Barack's perspective, it's the ultimate Machiavellian choice. Michelle doesn't like to work, just pontificate.

I do not see the incredibly polarizing choices of Stacey Abrams or Kamala Harris as likely unless the Dems really think they will lose so many black men that they have to shore it up.

Seems appropriate.
Picking a woman to be his running mate is tokenism?

You do realize there are more women in this country than there are men, right?

Bidens other, apparently nonfatal, mistakes

Sexually assaulting Tara Reade
Abusing his office by making Burisma hire Hunter

I bet Dems regret ambushing Kavanaugh now, hilarious how it always comes back to bite them in the ass.
It never sticks, though.

That Larry King video is pretty damning. I read the account of Reade's story as published in the WaPo when it first came out. I was convinced something happened and it was with him. Don't know how far it went but clearly he went over the line with her. Unlike Ford, I don't think she was projecting behavior of others onto him. Too many comments made to others at the time.

Seems appropriate.

It wouldn't be tokenism if he considered both men and women, and then picked a woman.

But if he's only picking from women, that's blatant sexism and if it were a private employer, he could be sued for discrimination.

I bet Dems regret ambushing Kavanaugh now, hilarious how it always comes back to bite them in the ass.
It never sticks, though.

That Larry King video is pretty damning. I read the account of Reade's story as published in the WaPo when it first came out. I was convinced something happened and it was with him. Don't know how far it went but clearly he went over the line with her. Unlike Ford, I don't think she was projecting behavior of others onto him. Too many comments made to others at the time.

His goose is cooked. I had my reservations given this happened 27 years ago but video of her mom calling into the Larry King show at this time asking for advice on whether they should go to the press, that just cooked Joe Biden's goose he's toast.

Seems appropriate.

It wouldn't be tokenism if he considered both men and women, and then picked a woman.

But if he's only picking from women, that's blatant sexism and if it were a private employer, he could be sued for discrimination.
Perhaps he did consider both sexes, and decided that he would have a better chance of winning by picking a woman.

What is wrong with that?

It never sticks, though.

His goose is cooked. I had my reservations given this happened 27 years ago but video of her mom calling into the Larry King show at this time asking for advice on whether they should go to the press, that just cooked Joe Biden's goose he's toast.
I was impressed with that clip.

He has had that rep as touchy feely for a long time.

Could Woodie possibly link us to Biden's mental health issues? Something other than Gateway Pundit, PJ Media or Breitbart if you please. We went through this crap with Hillary if you'll recall. The only mentally ill person running is your Orange Anus.

Seems appropriate.

Perhaps he did consider both sexes, and decided that he would have a better chance of winning by picking a woman.

What is wrong with that?
He hasn't chosen yet. When he made the comment he wasn't even the prospective nominee.

It was nothing but pandering.

I'm a woman and I wouldn't have voted for Hillary under any circumstances. Like MOST women.

Seems appropriate.

So why didn't Quid Pro Joe just say he was picking the best?

Could Woodie possibly link us to Biden's mental health issues? Something other than Gateway Pundit, PJ Media or Breitbart if you please.
Don't you listen to his clips?

It's rather obvious.

Forum List

Back