Biden's Fatal Mistake?

Joe Biden may have sown up the Democrat nomination for President, but his thoughtless commitment to pick a woman (of color?) has made it much less likely that he could be elected. Because of his age and mental health issues, there will be serious questions about his capacity to serve out one full term as President, much less two. As a result, his choice for Vice President is much more important to voters than in previous elections.,

The problem with his commitment is that he will have reduced the gravity of his choice to that of tokenism. By ruling out all male (and White?) candidates, the person he selects will be scrutinized to a much greater degree than is usual. If it is seen as simply pandering to a particular voting block, the negative effects of this selection may far outweigh the positive.

I have no doubt that the DNC is weighing all of these considerations very carefully. The next four months will be verrry interesting...
Tokenism for the Party that lives on it

Seems appropriate.
Picking a woman to be his running mate is tokenism?

You do realize there are more women in this country than there are men, right?

It is if there are better suited males available for the job.
And if numbers matter there should only be a couple of black politicians....right?
Oh,the difference is only around 6 million.
There are plenty of women just as qualified as any man out there to be vice president.

Except for Harris, Liz, Tulsi.......isn't that right?
Wrong.

I'm hoping he chooses Elizabeth Warren.

It is crazy we all have to keep pretending Biden is going to be the final nominee. I guess we have to go through the motions until he is replaced. There is no way Biden is running against Trump. We can pretend for now, but he is toast.

Joe Biden may have sown up the Democrat nomination for President, but his thoughtless commitment to pick a woman (of color?) has made it much less likely that he can be elected. Because of his age and mental health issues, there will be serious questions about his capacity to serve out one full term as President, much less two. As a result, his choice for Vice President will be much more important to voters than in previous elections.,

The problem with his impulsive remark is that he will have reduced the gravity of his choice to that of tokenism. By ruling out a large majority of potential candidates, the person he selects will be scrutinized to a much greater degree than is usual. If it is seen as simply pandering to a particular voting block, the negative effects of this selection may far outweigh the positive.

I have no doubt that the DNC is weighing all of these considerations very carefully. The next four months will be verrry interesting...
Another thread on this?

.you guys need new material.
Says the walking feces that cries "trump" everyday.

Joe Biden may have sown up the Democrat nomination for President, but his thoughtless commitment to pick a woman (of color?) has made it much less likely that he could be elected. Because of his age and mental health issues, there will be serious questions about his capacity to serve out one full term as President, much less two. As a result, his choice for Vice President is much more important to voters than in previous elections.,

The problem with his commitment is that he will have reduced the gravity of his choice to that of tokenism. By ruling out all male (and White?) candidates, the person he selects will be scrutinized to a much greater degree than is usual. If it is seen as simply pandering to a particular voting block, the negative effects of this selection may far outweigh the positive.

Tokenism for the Party that lives on it

Seems appropriate.
Picking a woman to be his running mate is tokenism?

You do realize there are more women in this country than there are men, right?

It is if there are better suited males available for the job.
And if numbers matter there should only be a couple of black politicians....right?
Oh,the difference is only around 6 million.
There are plenty of women just as qualified as any man out there to be vice president.

Except for Harris, Liz, Tulsi.......isn't that right?
Wrong.

I'm hoping he chooses Elizabeth Warren.
So a redskin then.

Forum List

Back