Bidenomics - Everything's Going Just Great!

I'm in the same boat. Gobs to invest and the rates have already dropped again. Not that CD's are that great given the taxes on them, but better than nothing. Playing the stock market lottery with sky high valuations is dicey. Gold is sky high. Commercial real estate forget about it.

But since my home and everything I own is paid for I'm not forced to make a sudden move.
I yelled at my broker. He only cares about me because my brother invests a lot with him. I invested $40K before covid. Shot up to almost $60K. I said sell and we will buy something else. He said it didn't work that way. Keep it in and it will grow. Then covid and russia happened. BUT, he did show me that I've made 6.6% a year and now hopefully nothing rocks the boat and now we are back on track to make 10-20% a year in interest.

In 7 months I'm going to put that $20K in with the $40K. The $40K is like $55K now. So I'm not too upset. I just don't like the ups and downs. If there are ups and downs, he should have sold when we originally hit $60K, then picked some other good stocks that are going to shoot up.

Do you realize most investment brokers, even with stocks, don't do it that way? They don't buy and sell for you to make you a lot of money. They basically pick 10 or 20 blue chips stocks they think are good, and they don't know shit. I could do it myself. Not sure why in 7 months I'm going to give them another $20K. Maybe just to consolidate it.

Except prices are high everywhere, including rent. A record number of Americans can't afford their rent. This is Bidenomics, where they keep on trying to tell us that everything's going just great when Americans can clearly see that things are NOT going just great. When will they come clean and start telling Americans the truth?

Remember why the poor and middle class did better under Trump than they did Obama

• A record number of states, cities and counties are raising their minimum wage this year.
  • Almost 7 million workers could benefit from the pay increases, with some earning as much as $1,700 more per year.
  • Workers in Seattle will be guaranteed pay of at least $16.39 an hour, among the country's highest minimum wages.
If the poorly educated vote for Trump, they get what they deserve.

And unions scored big time in 2023. The poor and middle class don't realize we created the strong big fat successful middle class not Republicans.

LOL. There are MANY policies that include greenery and increasing wages, both of which increase inflation, not to mention adding yet more debt onto the national debt. The open border also increases inflation.
So you are against increased wages?

What are you… a Republican? Oh wait…

And inflation has dropped

As have gas prices

As has unemployment

You know what is up?

GDP

WAGES

HIRING

THE STOCK Market

As have gas prices

As has unemployment

You know what is up?

GDP

WAGES

HIRING

THE STOCK Market
Increased wages fuel inflation. It's not brain surgery. You increase wages, companies have to charge more and then you have to increase wages again, which causes more inflation. You don't slow the inflation fire by continually throwing gasoline on it.

Increased wages fuel inflation. It's not brain surgery. You increase wages, companies have to charge more and then you have to increase wages again, which causes more inflation. You don't slow the inflation fire by continually throwing gasoline on it.
So Republicans want to depress wages

Thanks for that admission

Your argument is flawed by the way

Wages are increasing and inflation is dropping

Prices are 20% higher than when Biden took office.
Inflation is currently around 3% jackass.

What you are talking about is PAST and was caused by dumping money into the economy to keep it running as a result of Covid. And that was done by both Biden and Trump

Inflation is currently around 3% jackass.

What you are talking about is PAST and was caused by dumping money into the economy to keep it running as a result of Covid. And that was done by both Biden and Trump
Jackass, prices are 20% higher since Biden took office.

As have gas prices

As has unemployment

You know what is up?

GDP

WAGES

HIRING

THE STOCK Market
They never complain that the raises CEO's give themselves are going to get passed on to consumers or hurts stakeholders.

One things for sure. If you give all the raises to just the CEOs for 40 years that definitely doesn't cause inflation because the masses don't have more money and the CEO just puts that money in his already big fat bank account.

I love having the benefit of knowing a millionaire. My brother. 54 year old, retiring this year, has at least $15 million as far as I can tell because I don't ask,

Notice he's not working till 70 because people are living longer? Republicans tell us they want to raise social security to 70 because "people are living longer" but people aren't working till 70 because they want to. They work that old because they have to. And maybe 20% of us have such great/easy/good paying jobs that we choose to work till we die. That's great. But the fact is, most people want to quit working long before 65. So to tell us we should work another 5 years? Fuck you Republicans.

Jackass, prices are 20% higher since Biden took office.
Hi quote a post you don’t bother to read?

Let me help you once more.

The inflation you’re whining about is in the rear view mirror. And it was caused by BOTH trump and Biden (correctly) dumping money into the economy.

Inflation is currently down in the normal range… far lower than it was

But you’ll pretend not to have had that pointed out to you I’m sure

The inflation you’re whining about is in the rear view mirror. And it was caused by BOTH trump and Biden (correctly) dumping money into the economy.

Jackass, the inflation I talked about is NOT in the rear view mirror, which is why prices today are 20% higher than when Biden took office. Biden's inflation is permanently cooked into todays prices. Next year prices will be 23% higher than when Biden took office. The 20% does not magically go away like it never happened.

Jackass, the inflation I talked about is NOT in the rear view mirror, which is why prices today are 20% higher than when Biden took office. Biden's inflation is permanently cooked into todays prices. Next year prices will be 23% higher than when Biden took office. The 20% does not magically go away like it never happened.
Oh really?

Inflation is at 9% like it was?

No?

It’s down in the 3% range?

Yeah… that 9% inflation is in the past

and the causes of ( brought about by actions of BOTH Biden and Trump) it are as well.

They said a recession was coming and it never did. Vote for Biden
They are crying about inflation that's going away. Vote for Biden
They are crying about the border but now don't want to help Biden fix it. Vote out the bad Republicans in the House and Senate.

Oh really?

No?

and the causes of ( brought about by actions of BOTH Biden and Trump) it are as well.

Oh really?

No?

A part of me wonders if these corporations like Publix are gouging us on purpose while Biden is president. Hoping people will vote for Trump because of their pocket books.

But I have had this same theory about oil companies and it doesn't happen. I figured they would jack their prices up in July all the way in to November if they prefer Trump. But this doesn't happen. I'm surprised, but it doesn't.

OMG get a new job or ask for a raise then loser! What profession are you in?

Except prices are high everywhere, including rent. A record number of Americans can't afford their rent. This is Bidenomics, where they keep on trying to tell us that everything's going just great when Americans can clearly see that things are NOT going just great. When will they come clean and start telling Americans the truth?

It now cost $3 just to get a hash brown from McDonalds.

Thank you very much President Potatohead. You fucking idiot.

No matter how much of an idiot we think Ole Potatohead is we can be assured that those morons that voted for him are even more dumbasses.

It now cost $3 just to get a hash brown from McDonalds.

Thank you very much President Potatohead. You fucking idiot.
Stop going to McD fat ass!!!

1. I just looked it up. You can buy a 20 pack of those for $7 online. I'm sure McD pays less. Let's say they pay $5 because they buy in bulk. So they pay 25 cents and charge you $3? WOW are you dumb for buying that.

2. They would lower the price if you stopped buying them.

3. Buy a pack for $7. Then you are only paying 35 cents.

You are the reason you don't have any savings. You pay $3 for a fucking hashbrown. What a dope!

Forum List

Back