Biden test-drives an electric Ford pickup truck

Yes, Conservatives

In spite of your required meme that Biden suffers from dementia and is therefore incapable of driving a truck at high speed ......Biden can still drive at high speed.

So save us your alternate reality that Ford made a special version F 150 with two steering wheels so that Biden could drive it
he was in a wide open parking lot without lines or other cars,, a 4 yr old could do that,,

Ummm...actually Ford has a Test Track there for high speed maneuvers .

So why don’t you make up a story for us where dementia adled Biden can no longer drive
a blind dog could drive on that track,,,

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America. If it goes electric.......Electric cars have arrived
There is no going back
From a Ford fan & previous owner of many F-150s, they're great rigs but way too expensive. Ram convinced me to switch to Dodge and I'm super glad I did.
I think truck owners will flock to the electric F-150

500 plus HP, massive torque, 10,000 towing capacity and wicked fast.
If you are a contractor, you drive your truck to the site and it will power all your power tools
If there is a blackout, you can power your house for days

Game changer

You forgot 300mile range and eF150 being able to power your home for three days.

Also the cost is not prohibitive.
The truck offers so much more capability, it will be in demand
Oh brother----the trucks engine overheats offroad babe-------------bad bad investment as it can't do what other trucks do, can't tow as much, is extremely costly to maintain.
10,000 lb towing, 500 hp, 0-60 in 4.5 sec
Truck owners will grow to love it

The actual towing capabilities are near zero.
Range drops off VERY quickly with any cargo.
Same with use of heater, wipers, headlights, AC, hills, or anything else.
What you have to remember is batteries are very heavy, very slow charge/discharge, and very expensive to replace if you ruin them with quick-charges.
And the energy loss from generating, transmitting, storing, and extracting the energy from the batteries is a huge loss.
The actual amount of energy you have to produce is likely 10 time what you actually get to use at the wheel.
Far more polluting then ICE, especially if the ICE uses bio-fuel, like alcohol or palm oil in a diesel.

I don't know exactly what the loss fact from grid generation to storage loss factor. Looking it up on Google it seems like it can be anywhere from 10% loss to 30%. It is like around 10% when the batteries are new but then they deteriorate to 30% over time.

In other words it takes anywhere from 10-30% more energy to power EVs than if you used the fossil fuels directly.

That is a big Environmental hit right there. We have to generate substantial more energy to keep those EVs on the road. I wonder if the stupid Moon Bats thought about that?

Then you have the Environmental pollution burden of manufacturing, transportation and disposal, which is substantial.

Joe Dufus is a friggin moron pushing that technology but then again remember he was part of an administration that told us Solyndra was the future of America so go figure.

These Moon Bats are idiots listening to the clowns that are pushing this shit.

These stupid trucks will never be used for anything like the gas powered work trucks. It is nothing more than a Moon Bat's wet dream just like all the Environmental Wacko fantasies they have.
Dummy, where do you get nonsense? EVs are many times more efficient with energy because they don't use mini EXPLOSIONS to generate power.

EVs do on energy equivalent of 1 combusted gallon of gasoline, what most ICE cars do on 12.

Look up energy density then get back to us, moron.

I don't need to look up things I already know dummy. Yes, gasoline has high energy density, but what I was responding to was about EV's supposedly using more energy than direct fuel burning. That is pure horseshit.
It's absolutely true. Were it not then EV's would RULE the endurance racing world. They don't. In fact, they don't even participate in endurance racing. Why? Because they don't have the EFFICIENCY of internal combustion engines you idiotic clod!

You clearly have alot of difficulty understanding plain English. What I was responding to had nothing to do with density....and then you also top it off by conflating energy density and energy efficiency.

Just because gasoline is energy dense DOES NOT AT ALL mean that exploding it to produce motion is efficient. It's not, because it produces tons of wasted heat and braking does not return energy.

Today's (still in early developemnt) electric cars get 100-130MPGe. No ICE car can match that efficiency, especially considering how fast EV's are.

Energy density is directly correlational with efficiency. You're not very scientifically literate, are you.
No it doesn't. It's literally how much energy you can get per volume and nothing about how efficiently you use it.

Energy stored in small volume allows lower weight, smaller footprint, better transfer of power to the ground, Etc. Etc. Etc.
Yea...too bad it's so damn inefficient, slow and runs on dirty oil.

A thimble full of gasoline will move a car three miles. An EV needs a battery that weighs 6 pounds to do an equivalent distance. You do the math.

You just did the math, it's equivalent dummy, except one did it with out dirty, slow, gasoline.

What about the dirty slow process to rip the Li from the ground.

Why do you ignore that?

And no, 1 ounce is not the equivalent of 6 pounds.

Where did you go to school.

A barn?
LI that will serve 300-500k miles as an EV battery component and then be recycled into a new one? Sounds good to me.

And dumbass, it doesn't matter that the battery is heavier, because it's purpose is TO DRIVE, and as you said yourself they drove the same distance. Extra weight is not a serious downside factor with that massive EV power, unless you are talking about racing a tight track.

if you weren't so damn stupid you would argue REAL ev downsides currently - expense and charging time for extended trips along with scarcity of fast charging locations.

You are confused Moon Bat.

That 300-500 miles is only for the very expensive top of the line Tesla batteries. That is why their vehicles are so expensive. Most Americans cannot afford those batteries. Ford and GM will not be using those battery packs in their vehicles.

The batteries that Americans will get in the vehicles that most of them can afford will be good for about 500 recharging. Two to three years before they will deteriorate and lose around 30% of their efficiency.

Battery cars are a dumb idea. Something only stupid Libtards would come up with.

500 charges? You seriously have zero idea what you are talking about.

I'm wasting my time on special Olympics here.

So that makes you, what, a complete moron?

"Basics are Li-ion batteries have 500 full charge and discharge cycles. A 240 mile range Telsa that would be 120,000 miles. But that's a brutal charging schedule and no one does that in normal usage. It's not linear but if you were to drive 120 miles a day and charge to 120 a day, that would be 240,000 miles. That's still an extreme example, close to my situation actually but not most people's.

So practically, probably as long as gasoline engine with the same caveats that well cared it will last longer.

You have to toss degradation in there also. The battery will keep losing ability to store charge If you get a cool app called StatsApp for Tesla, it has a graphic on "Battery Health" it has a graphic on degradation which begins day one of usage."

Stop posting ignorant bullshit. Although they are all called "LI-ion battery" their chemistry can very different, so can the management systems. If PROPERLY MAINTAINED proper li-ion batteries can last a very long time.

Nobody FULL CYCLES a car battery because it quickly degrades it (and it's bad for your phone as well). You would usually run the battery between 15% and 85%, not discharging too much and not topping it off, unless you really need max milage.

Good EV's also have a sophisticated battery management system that makes sure the battery is charged, mantained and operates at optimal tempretures.

Last edited:
Yet the only thing they let Trump drive was a golf cart capable of going 20 mph.
your TDS is shining through,,
And this from the person who claimed there was a second steering wheel in the F-150 Biden drove. Two days of claiming a second steering wheel, before finally admitting you got fooled by the idiots pushing that lie.
what does that have to do with trump and you love for him??

And this from the person who claimed there was a second steering wheel in the F-150 Biden drove. Two days of claiming a second steering wheel, before finally admitting you got fooled by the idiots pushing that lie.
what does that have to do with trump and you love for him??
Biden is a car guy. Ford trusted him with a $1,000,000 truck.
is it possible for you to stick to one topic??

and what could he do on that track?? a blind goat with no arms could do what joe did,, I imagine the SS agent had his hand on the wheel the whole time scared shitless,,

Yet the only thing they let Trump drive was a golf cart capable of going 20 mph.
your TDS is shining through,,
He's a tremendous idiot himself. What else should we expect?

I don't fault people for being wrong. But he acted like an idiot holding onto the debunked idea of a second steering wheel, even when shown photos disproving it.

And even when it was widely debunked by the press, who saw the truck up close, he still clung to fantasy world.

I don't fault people for being wrong. But he acted like an idiot holding onto the debunked idea of a second steering wheel, even when shown photos disproving it.

And even when it was widely debunked by the press, who saw the truck up close, he still clung to fantasy world.
who you talking bout willis??

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

Ford F-150 is the most popular vehicle in America. If it goes electric.......Electric cars have arrived
There is no going back
From a Ford fan & previous owner of many F-150s, they're great rigs but way too expensive. Ram convinced me to switch to Dodge and I'm super glad I did.

If you are a contractor, you drive your truck to the site and it will power all your power tools

Game changer

You forgot 300mile range and eF150 being able to power your home for three days.

Oh brother----the trucks engine overheats offroad babe-------------bad bad investment as it can't do what other trucks do, can't tow as much, is extremely costly to maintain.

What you have to remember is batteries are very heavy, very slow charge/discharge, and very expensive to replace if you ruin them with quick-charges.
And the energy loss from generating, transmitting, storing, and extracting the energy from the batteries is a huge loss.
The actual amount of energy you have to produce is likely 10 time what you actually get to use at the wheel.
Far more polluting then ICE, especially if the ICE uses bio-fuel, like alcohol or palm oil in a diesel.

I don't know exactly what the loss fact from grid generation to storage loss factor. Looking it up on Google it seems like it can be anywhere from 10% loss to 30%. It is like around 10% when the batteries are new but then they deteriorate to 30% over time.

In other words it takes anywhere from 10-30% more energy to power EVs than if you used the fossil fuels directly.

That is a big Environmental hit right there. We have to generate substantial more energy to keep those EVs on the road. I wonder if the stupid Moon Bats thought about that?

Then you have the Environmental pollution burden of manufacturing, transportation and disposal, which is substantial.

Joe Dufus is a friggin moron pushing that technology but then again remember he was part of an administration that told us Solyndra was the future of America so go figure.

These stupid trucks will never be used for anything like the gas powered work trucks. It is nothing more than a Moon Bat's wet dream just like all the Environmental Wacko fantasies they have.
Dummy, where do you get nonsense? EVs are many times more efficient with energy because they don't use mini EXPLOSIONS to generate power.

EVs do on energy equivalent of 1 combusted gallon of gasoline, what most ICE cars do on 12.

I don't need to look up things I already know dummy. Yes, gasoline has high energy density, but what I was responding to was about EV's supposedly using more energy than direct fuel burning. That is pure horseshit.
It's absolutely true. Were it not then EV's would RULE the endurance racing world. They don't. In fact, they don't even participate in endurance racing. Why? Because they don't have the EFFICIENCY of internal combustion engines you idiotic clod!

You clearly have alot of difficulty understanding plain English. What I was responding to had nothing to do with density....and then you also top it off by conflating energy density and energy efficiency.

Just because gasoline is energy dense DOES NOT AT ALL mean that exploding it to produce motion is efficient. It's not, because it produces tons of wasted heat and braking does not return energy.

Today's (still in early developemnt) electric cars get 100-130MPGe. No ICE car can match that efficiency, especially considering how fast EV's are.

Energy density is directly correlational with efficiency. You're not very scientifically literate, are you.
No it doesn't. It's literally how much energy you can get per volume and nothing about how efficiently you use it.

Energy stored in small volume allows lower weight, smaller footprint, better transfer of power to the ground, Etc. Etc. Etc.

A thimble full of gasoline will move a car three miles. An EV needs a battery that weighs 6 pounds to do an equivalent distance. You do the math.

You just did the math, it's equivalent dummy, except one did it with out dirty, slow, gasoline.

Why do you ignore that?

A barn?
LI that will serve 300-500k miles as an EV battery component and then be recycled into a new one? Sounds good to me.

And dumbass, it doesn't matter that the battery is heavier, because it's purpose is TO DRIVE, and as you said yourself they drove the same distance. Extra weight is not a serious downside factor with that massive EV power, unless you are talking about racing a tight track.

if you weren't so damn stupid you would argue REAL ev downsides currently - expense and charging time for extended trips along with scarcity of fast charging locations.

That 300-500 miles is only for the very expensive top of the line Tesla batteries. That is why their vehicles are so expensive. Most Americans cannot afford those batteries. Ford and GM will not be using those battery packs in their vehicles.

The batteries that Americans will get in the vehicles that most of them can afford will be good for about 500 recharging. Two to three years before they will deteriorate and lose around 30% of their efficiency.

Battery cars are a dumb idea. Something only stupid Libtards would come up with.

"Basics are Li-ion batteries have 500 full charge and discharge cycles. A 240 mile range Telsa that would be 120,000 miles. But that's a brutal charging schedule and no one does that in normal usage. It's not linear but if you were to drive 120 miles a day and charge to 120 a day, that would be 240,000 miles. That's still an extreme example, close to my situation actually but not most people's.

So practically, probably as long as gasoline engine with the same caveats that well cared it will last longer.

You have to toss degradation in there also. The battery will keep losing ability to store charge If you get a cool app called StatsApp for Tesla, it has a graphic on "Battery Health" it has a graphic on degradation which begins day one of usage."

Stop posting ignorant bullshit. Although they are all called "LI-ion battery" their chemistry can very different, so can the management systems. If PROPERLY MAINTAINED proper li-ion batteries can last a very long time.

Nobody FULL CYCLES a car battery because it quickly degrades it (and it's bad for your phone as well). You would usually run the battery between 15% and 85%, not discharging too much and not topping it off, unless you really need max milage.

Good EV's also have a sophisticated battery management system that makes sure the battery is charged, mantained and operates at optimal tempretures.

If a Tesla battery drops to zero, it is classified as a "Brick" and it is permanently dead. The cycle ratings are for normal usage over a 240 mile distance. With normal recharge after that. You clearly have no idea what EV technology even is. Do you know anything about the technology? Axial-flux, Radial-flux? Mean anything to you?

You, you fucking tard.

You, you fucking tard.
I love you too,,

Whoever at Ford came up with the idea of letting probably the most car-loving President in the country's history drive that truck on camera deserves a fat Christmas bonus this year. Ford couldn't buy that much positive publicity if they tried.

Whoever at Ford came up with the idea of letting probably the most car-loving President in the country's history drive that truck on camera deserves a fat Christmas bonus this year. Ford couldn't buy that much positive publicity if they tried.
I also like that he has a Corvette, so he likes to go fast.

Impressive truck
Fast and powerful

There is no going back

Game changer

Why do you ignore that?

A barn?

If a Tesla battery drops to zero, it is classified as a "Brick" and it is permanently dead. The cycle ratings are for normal usage over a 240 mile distance. With normal recharge after that. You clearly have no idea what EV technology even is. Do you know anything about the technology? Axial-flux, Radial-flux? Mean anything to you?

Wrong, wrong again, it is not permanently dead, as anyone who has ever run a cell to 0% will tell you.

You have to be a total moron to think that all li-ion batteries have same number of usable charge cycles, no matter chemistry, how it’s used or managed.

Forum List

Back