Biden proposes banning vast majority of all guns.

What’s the reload time on an AR? 2 seconds?
What’s the reload time on a revolver or a Winchester or a bolt action rifle…even a shot gun?
A couple minutes?
Tell me you don;t know know a thing abut firearms w/o telling me you don't know a thing about firearms.
But,. good on you for negating any argument on "hi-cap" magazine bans.

Bullshit. Both the Miler and Cruikshank decisions decided their cases based on the militia use of the guns in question
Your statement is false.
The Miller case turned on the suitability of the weapon for service in the militia, and Cruikshank does not address the issue at all.
Neither case held or opined that a person's right to keep and bear arms is attached to his service in or with the militia.
Disagree ?
Copy/paste the text.

regular gun, regular clip. I'm sure that the definition would be easy to agree on.

it's a magazine, not a clip. and if it uses a magazine it's a semi-automatic and Biden wants to ban it.

The only handguns would be revolvers. The only rifles and shotguns bolt action, lever action, pump action.

Bolt action rifles sometimes use "clips", which are inserted from above into an internal magazine, usually 5 shots.

If you are going to talk about a topic, know what you are talking about.

Your statement is false.
The Miller case turned on the suitability of the weapon for service in the militia, and Cruikshank does not address the issue at all.
Neither case held or opined that a person's right to keep and bear arms is attached to his service in or with the militia.
Disagree ?
Copy/paste the text.
What you are ignoring is that neither Miller nor Cruikshank said anything about the right to self-defense. For more than two hundred years is was well established that the second amendment was based on arming a militia, period. Heller was judicial creationism because it created that right, one based on self-defense.

What you are also ignoring is the Cruikshank ruled it was perfectly fine for a state, or even a local government, to ban all arms. The second amendment only applied to the federal government, the federal government can not "infringe".

What you are ignoring is that neither Miller nor Cruikshank said anything about the right to self-defense. For more than two hundred years is was well established that the second amendment was based on arming a militia, period. Heller was judicial creationism because it created that right, one based on self-defense.

What you are also ignoring is the Cruikshank ruled it was perfectly fine for a state, or even a local government, to ban all arms. The second amendment only applied to the federal government, the federal government can not "infringe".
Self defense has always been considered a natural right of all people. To believe that any government can tell any person they have no right to defend themselves is beyond ludicrous.

In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court finally did strike down a gun control regulation, in this case a federal law that forbade nearly all civilians from possessing a handgun in the District of Columbia. A narrow 5–4 majority adopted the main conclusions and many of the arguments advanced by the revisionist commentators, ruling that the original meaning of the Second Amendment protects a private right of individuals to keep and bear arms for the purpose of self-defense.

Generally speaking, courts rarely have to decide whether there is a constitutional right to self-defense, since all states generally recognize a statutory or common-law right to use force against another person in self-defense.

So you want to see semi-auto firearms banned, and now you're asking what a semi-auto handgun is?
Look, you're splitting hairs. A simple style handgun with a smallish magazine, basically for home defence. So that and a hunting rifle. There rest of the stuff is not needed, and if it saves children at school, I'll do it.

Look, you're splitting hairs. A simple style handgun with a smallish magazine, basically for home defence. So that and a hunting rifle. There rest of the stuff is not needed, and if it saves children at school, I'll do it.
What is a "simple style handgun"?

"Smallish magazine"?

So then we should be able to buy and have everything up to nukes?
The instructions to build an atomic bomb can be found in public libraries. can instructions to build nuclear bomb be found in a library, Norton Safe Search

What if you wanted to hunt water fowl or upland game birds? A shot gun or two would be appropriate. Small game might be taken with a .22 while larger ungulates or bear would require larger calibers. Wild pigs are often taken with larger caliber hand guns. What difference does it make? Hunting is not the reason for the 2A. Defense from government over reach is the reason. The second amendment guarantees my RIGHT to bear arms. I don't owe you or anyone else a reason for why I want one.

Self defense has always been considered a natural right of all people. To believe that any government can tell any person they have no right to defend themselves is beyond ludicrous.
No one is saying you don't have the right to defend yourself. You just don't have the right to defend yourself with semi-automatic assault rifles and maybe even handguns. The fact that you and all the other gun nuts believe that the only way you know how to defend yourself is with a gun is indicative of what tiny, insecure, cowardly people you all are. Not to mention illogical.

Looking for protection at home, alarms, dogs, baseball bats, knifes. Mace, pepper spray. There have been numerous studies, having a gun in the home INCREASES your risk of death. Tell me, how in the hell is that self-defense? And it increases the chance of death of every family member in the home, especially females. They are actually more likely to murdered if there is a gun in the home. Way to take care of your lady.

I have numerous guns, they aren't in the home. They are in the family armory, secretly stored behind a false wall. They are tools, each with a specific purpose, or purposes. Hunting duck takes a particular gun, hunting quail another, deer and bear require different guns, varmint hunting, like gophers, yet another type. And if you are wild boar hunting you best have a sidearm as backup.

Hey, if they prefer to wait until he's fully reloaded and starts to shoot them again, that's not my problem, I can't help complete morons.
Do you think the OKC bombing and the Boston Marathon bombing would have been stopped with gun control. The point is--IT IS NOT THE GUN. A person who is intent on murdering multiple people will find a way--if there is not a gun available, they will use fertilizer and diesel or pressure cookers and nuts and bolts. So what is the logic of removing self defense capability from law abiding citizens?

Forum List

Back