Biden On Capital Gains Tax: “We Should Raise The Tax Back To 39.6 Percent”

Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden said he’d like to raise the capital gains tax rate to 39.6 percent, a near doubling of the current 20 percent.

Biden made the remarks on Wednesday, August 21 during an interview with Iowa Public Television:

“I believe we should, in fact, the capital gains tax should be at what the highest minimum tax should be, we should raise the tax back to 39.6 percent instead of 20 percent,” Biden said yesterday.

Raising the capital gains tax would harm Americans’ ability to build a nest egg and hurt the value of their homes, farms, and businesses.

Biden’s comments and his long Senate voting record mean voters should expect him to push for capital gains tax hikes if elected. During his time in the Senate, Biden consistently voted against tax cuts on capital gains.

In 2003, Biden voted against the reduction in the capital gains rate from 20 percent to 15 percent. In 2005 and 2006, Biden voted against extending the 15 percent rate.

In 2012, then-Vice President Biden and President Obama insisted the cap gains rate revert to 20 percent.

Biden and Obama then piled on another 3.8 percent capital gains tax hike -- the Net Income Investment Tax -- one of the many tax increases in Obamacare. The 3.8 percent tax hike took effect Jan. 1, 2013.

Currently, long-term capital gains are taxed at zero percent, 15 percent, or 20 percent, depending on income level.

Households subject to Obamacare’s 3.8 percent Net Income Investment Tax end up paying a 23.8% rate. And under Biden’s cap gains scheme, such households will face a 43.4 percent rate.

If you want to stay up-to-date on Democratic candidates and their threats to raise taxes, visit www.atr.org/HighTaxDems.

(Excerpt) Read more at atr.org ...

-----'----
You just don’t get it. It’s not your money - it’s the Government’s. You should thank the Government for letting you to look at the money for a little while!

I seem to remember that ANY MENTION of raising a tsax "Read my lips, NO NEW TAXES" was a death call for a candidate!

No he lives in the present when there is no corp tax, and he's right. Don't tax employers, but tax those who own the employers … and tax the shit out of them to pay for the corp tax cuts without screwing people on SALT taxes.
How about we tax all registered DemonRATS 60% since you people are the ones that want to screw people that worked and saved forc45 years so the shit of this country can have the exact same benefits on the back of seniors that took care of youvscum for those 45 years!....ABNORMALS proving they are the scum of America with each post@

If you believe this post, you are even dumber than Purge, who is either a biddable fool or a damn liar.

Biden is a joke without any punchline to laugh at! I’m sorry but democrats wake up and realize that this dude is just going off because he was a vp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Damn good VP
Biden will be Obama 2.0

If you liked Obama, vote for Biden in 2020

I didn't like Obama.
Your problem

I liked 90% of what Candidate Obama stood for. I ended up liking 10% of what President Obama actually did. If President Obama had been the person Candidate Obama said he would be, there is no President Trump.

That is all of our problem.

Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden said he’d like to raise the capital gains tax rate to 39.6 percent, a near doubling of the current 20 percent.

Biden made the remarks on Wednesday, August 21 during an interview with Iowa Public Television:

“I believe we should, in fact, the capital gains tax should be at what the highest minimum tax should be, we should raise the tax back to 39.6 percent instead of 20 percent,” Biden said yesterday.

Raising the capital gains tax would harm Americans’ ability to build a nest egg and hurt the value of their homes, farms, and businesses.

Biden’s comments and his long Senate voting record mean voters should expect him to push for capital gains tax hikes if elected. During his time in the Senate, Biden consistently voted against tax cuts on capital gains.

In 2003, Biden voted against the reduction in the capital gains rate from 20 percent to 15 percent. In 2005 and 2006, Biden voted against extending the 15 percent rate.

In 2012, then-Vice President Biden and President Obama insisted the cap gains rate revert to 20 percent.

Biden and Obama then piled on another 3.8 percent capital gains tax hike -- the Net Income Investment Tax -- one of the many tax increases in Obamacare. The 3.8 percent tax hike took effect Jan. 1, 2013.

Currently, long-term capital gains are taxed at zero percent, 15 percent, or 20 percent, depending on income level.

Households subject to Obamacare’s 3.8 percent Net Income Investment Tax end up paying a 23.8% rate. And under Biden’s cap gains scheme, such households will face a 43.4 percent rate.

If you want to stay up-to-date on Democratic candidates and their threats to raise taxes, visit www.atr.org/HighTaxDems.

-----'----
You just don’t get it. It’s not your money - it’s the Government’s. You should thank the Government for letting you to look at the money for a little while!

I seem to remember that ANY MENTION of raising a tsax "Read my lips, NO NEW TAXES" was a death call for a candidate!
Left Wing Economics = Your paycheck is my paycheck

-----'----

Taxes is the price we pay for civilization

Biden is a joke without any punchline to laugh at! I’m sorry but democrats wake up and realize that this dude is just going off because he was a vp.

Damn good VP
Biden will be Obama 2.0

I didn't like Obama.
Your problem

I liked 90% of what Candidate Obama stood for. I ended up liking 10% of what President Obama actually did. If President Obama had been the person Candidate Obama said he would be, there is no President Trump.

For all but the first two years of Obama's Administration Moscow Mitch had one goal in mind, sabotage Obama, as did the Tea Party Republicans who controlled the congress.

Keep in mind how the R's pissed & whined about spending, and now how fiscally irresponsible they are and have been since Jan 20th 2017.

Damn good VP
Biden will be Obama 2.0

I didn't like Obama.
Your problem

For all but the first two years of Obama's Administration Moscow Mitch had one goal in mind, sabotage Obama, as did the Tea Party Republicans who controlled the congress.

Keep in mind how the R's pissed & whined about spending, and now how fiscally irresponsible they are and have been since Jan 20th 2017.

The (D)'s got wiped out because Obama failed. I am NOT defending the Republican hypocrisy so I do not have to keep anything in mind.

-----'----

Well. of course. He wants businesses out and the illegals in. Hates America.

Damn good VP
Biden will be Obama 2.0

I didn't like Obama.
Your problem

The (D)'s got wiped out because Obama failed. I am NOT defending the Republican hypocrisy so I do not have to keep anything in mind.

Whatever. Reality does not provide room for alternative views.

-----'----

No he lives in the present when there is no corp tax, and he's right. Don't tax employers, but tax those who own the employers … and tax the shit out of them to pay for the corp tax cuts without screwing people on SALT taxes.
How about we tax all registered DemonRATS 60% since you people are the ones that want to screw people that worked and saved forc45 years so the shit of this country can have the exact same benefits on the back of seniors that took care of youvscum for those 45 years!....ABNORMALS proving they are the scum of America with each post@

If you believe this post, you are even dumber than Purge, who is either a biddable fool or a damn liar.

The dickhead is better left ignored, imo

Face it, investment income is more valuable to our elitist leaders than a workingman's income. The power is in the campaign contributions, not in the workingman's vote.

Damn good VP
Biden will be Obama 2.0

I didn't like Obama.
Your problem

The dems didn't get "wiped out." Hillary lost only in the EC despite the FBI violated 50 years of practice and inserting on the eve of an election. Even then, the dems gained seats, and took the House commandingly in 18.

I'd agree that Obama failed to support progressive economics during his second term, and that Hillary offered nothing but a return to 2000

Income should all be taxed the same. One can argue what that number is but it all should be taxed the same.
I agree that IF we are going to tax income, from whatever source derived, it should be the same percentage.

If this comes to be, we will become a nation of the wealthy and the poor - it will kill the middle classes & reward the power elite who will control the congress and state legislatures with those who do the bidding of the wealthy and shift the tax burden to the hoi polloi.
You seem to mistakenly believe that a higher effective tax rate on the high earners somehow makes the low income people richer.

Explain yourself.

-----'----

One citizen stealing from another without repercussions destroys the legitimate ends of civilization. Using government as the instrument of that theft does not change that fact.

fking the middle class yet again. wow! there is no dignity in a leftfk. even creepy joe.

Income should all be taxed the same. One can argue what that number is but it all should be taxed the same.
I agree that IF we are going to tax income, from whatever source derived, it should be the same percentage.

If this comes to be, we will become a nation of the wealthy and the poor - it will kill the middle classes & reward the power elite who will control the congress and state legislatures with those who do the bidding of the wealthy and shift the tax burden to the hoi polloi.
You seem to mistakenly believe that a higher effective tax rate on the high earners somehow makes the low income people richer.

Explain yourself.

Not at all
But it provides more public services.

-----'----

One citizen stealing from another without repercussions destroys the legitimate ends of civilization. Using government as the instrument of that theft does not change that fact.

Nothing is stolen. It is called contributing to society

-----'----

“I believe we should, in fact, the capital gains tax should be at what the highest minimum tax should be, we should raise the tax back to 39.6 percent instead of 20 percent,”

He thinks the minimum income tax should be 39.6%?

What should the top rate be?

-----'----

“I believe we should, in fact, the capital gains tax should be at what the highest minimum tax should be, we should raise the tax back to 39.6 percent instead of 20 percent,”

He thinks the minimum income tax should be 39.6%?

What should the top rate be?
For DemonRATS nothing less that 65% Will do!!!

Forum List

Back