Biden On Capital Gains Tax: “We Should Raise The Tax Back To 39.6 Percent”

Why don't we just impose a 30% tax on Democrat Millionaire Politicians? If they like taxes so much and are determined that everyone pay their fair share, they can lead by example.

Why don't we just impose a 30% tax on Democrat Millionaire Politicians? If they like taxes so much and are determined that everyone pay their fair share, they can lead by example.

Wealthy Democratic politicians support laws requiring higher taxes on the wealthy

Wealthy Republicans support laws cutting benefits to the poor

If someone works and makes $300,000 they pay at a 37% tax rate
If they move money from one investment to another and make $300,000 they pay at a 22% rate

Make them pay the same rate regardless of how you made your money
Okay. Make it 22%.

Or better yet, tax the activity, not the income.

Wealthy Democratic politicians support laws requiring higher taxes on the wealthy

You have reached the highest levels of partisan tribalism. Congratulations.

Income should all be taxed the same. One can argue what that number is but it all should be taxed the same.
I agree that IF we are going to tax income, from whatever source derived, it should be the same percentage.

If this comes to be, we will become a nation of the wealthy and the poor - it will kill the middle classes & reward the power elite who will control the congress and state legislatures with those who do the bidding of the wealthy and shift the tax burden to the hoi polloi.

If someone works and makes $300,000 they pay at a 37% tax rate
If they move money from one investment to another and make $300,000 they pay at a 22% rate

Make them pay the same rate regardless of how you made your money
Okay. Make it 22%.

Or better yet, tax the activity, not the income.

I’d rather tax the movement of money, not just the profit

If I buy a $50,000 car, I pay 7% tax in it
If I buy $50,000 in stock, I pay nothing

I hate the Fair Tax Act in that it adds insult to injury for those disadvantaged, here I'm mainly thinking of families with expenses such as child care, medical care, senior care facilities.

Plus being in a 12% tax bracket, I'd rather have an effective tax rate of 13.6% rather than 30% . Currently to buy a $500 TV set I'd need to earn $568, of that $568, the government takes $68 off the top and I have $500 left over for the TV. $68/$500 = 13.6%.

Under the Fair Tax that touts a 23% tax rate I'd need to earn $650 for that TV. Seller pays a 30% tax, $500 x 30% = $150. Fair Tax proponents explain I'm only paying 23% because $150/$650 = 23%.

What I do like about the Fair Tax is its confidentiality. But that comes at one hell of a price.

I like pknopp's logic. The $1000 somebody earns trading stocks should be treated no differently tax-wise than the $1000 a guy earned for laying brinks.

Which ends up being taxes on the middle class and business, which then become taxes on the poor since business pass the cost along, you moron..

Thats a bald faced lie.

Name a single piece of Republican legislation that helps poor and working class Americans more than it helps the wealthy?

Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden said he’d like to raise the capital gains tax rate to 39.6 percent, a near doubling of the current 20 percent.

Biden made the remarks on Wednesday, August 21 during an interview with Iowa Public Television:

“I believe we should, in fact, the capital gains tax should be at what the highest minimum tax should be, we should raise the tax back to 39.6 percent instead of 20 percent,” Biden said yesterday.

Raising the capital gains tax would harm Americans’ ability to build a nest egg and hurt the value of their homes, farms, and businesses.

Biden’s comments and his long Senate voting record mean voters should expect him to push for capital gains tax hikes if elected. During his time in the Senate, Biden consistently voted against tax cuts on capital gains.

In 2003, Biden voted against the reduction in the capital gains rate from 20 percent to 15 percent. In 2005 and 2006, Biden voted against extending the 15 percent rate.

In 2012, then-Vice President Biden and President Obama insisted the cap gains rate revert to 20 percent.

Biden and Obama then piled on another 3.8 percent capital gains tax hike -- the Net Income Investment Tax -- one of the many tax increases in Obamacare. The 3.8 percent tax hike took effect Jan. 1, 2013.

Currently, long-term capital gains are taxed at zero percent, 15 percent, or 20 percent, depending on income level.

Households subject to Obamacare’s 3.8 percent Net Income Investment Tax end up paying a 23.8% rate. And under Biden’s cap gains scheme, such households will face a 43.4 percent rate.

If you want to stay up-to-date on Democratic candidates and their threats to raise taxes, visit www.atr.org/HighTaxDems.

(Excerpt) Read more at atr.org ...

-----'----
You just don’t get it. It’s not your money - it’s the Government’s. You should thank the Government for letting you to look at the money for a little while!

I seem to remember that ANY MENTION of raising a tsax "Read my lips, NO NEW TAXES" was a death call for a candidate!

No he lives in the present when there is no corp tax, and he's right. Don't tax employers, but tax those who own the employers … and tax the shit out of them to pay for the corp tax cuts without screwing people on SALT taxes.
How about we tax all registered DemonRATS 60% since you people are the ones that want to screw people that worked and saved forc45 years so the shit of this country can have the exact same benefits on the back of seniors that took care of youvscum for those 45 years!....ABNORMALS proving they are the scum of America with each post@

See all those cars parked at shopping centers, malls, amusement parks, big box stores, Walmart, etc. how many are parked by CEO's & other highly paid elites?
When was the last time Trump shopped at Walmart

Biden is a joke without any punchline to laugh at! I’m sorry but democrats wake up and realize that this dude is just going off because he was a vp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Biden is a joke without any punchline to laugh at! I’m sorry but democrats wake up and realize that this dude is just going off because he was a vp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Damn good VP
Biden will be Obama 2.0

If you liked Obama, vote for Biden in 2020

Tax cuts for billionaire‘s didn’t work. We’re going to have to do something.

ECqojvGXsAE208y

In 2020, we need to ask America if they enjoyed the eight years of stable leadership under Obama

If they did....Vote Biden 2020

If you enjoy an America in constant turmoil ......vote trump

Libs / Dems are always bitching about people not paying their fair share...

...while facilitating the invasion of the US by criminal foreigners, while using tax / deficit dollars to give THEM 'free' health care, education, housing, etc....and while promising to take even MORE out of the pockets of Middle Class Americans to give even MORE to these criminals...

No one is stopping THEM from paying MORE than they owe if they want...and the 1st people who should have MORE of THEIR money seized to pay for the 'free stuff' THEY promise to give / keep giving to the criminal foreigners is the politicians who keep facilitating illegal immigration and giving the criminals 'free' stuff.

Which ends up being taxes on the middle class and business, which then become taxes on the poor since business pass the cost along, you moron..

Thats a bald faced lie.

Name a single piece of Republican legislation that helps poor and working class Americans more than it helps the wealthy?

But, but, but Ryan & trump said that the tax bill would be helpful to the hoi polloi, didn't they? And both are honest and never would lie, would they???

Forum List

Back