Biden Lies …Again – Says SCOTUS Appointments Never Happen In Election Year

Other than those 29 other times it’s never happened!

Well, they shouldn't. The American people should have a say in that by voting for the next President.....oh..wait..nevermind.
Uh..let's just change it to say..if a REPUBLICAN is in office, they can nominate a judge. :)

"The American people should have a say in that by voting for the next President....."

See.....The thing is, the American people DID have a say. They elected Donald J Trump to be President ( Yes, he is President so get over it already) for 4 years until January 2021, not for 3 years and 8 months. Donald J Trump IS President and he should AND DID nominate a new justice. Now the Senate, which the American people ALSO had a say in electing for a term ending December 31, 2020, will do their job and advise and consent to the President's, that would be Donald J Trump because the American people had their say and elected him, Supreme Court pick and confirm his pick as the next Justice of the Supreme Court.

No. They didn't. Barack Obama was President in 2016. There was a vacant SC seat. He had the right to fill it. Period. End of story.

Wrong, he had a right to nominate. He couldn't fill it since he didn't have the senate. Senators are elected by the people.

To quote obama, you lost, get over it.

Was Obama President?....OK. Then his nominee had the right to be..well...nominated...and heard and voted on.
The President, Senators, and Representatives are elected by the people. Enjoy the reapings of your sowing. It's about to come back and bite you full in the ass.

THIS IS IT GUISE THIS IS HOW BERNIE CAN STILL WIN THE 2016 ELECTION

Well, they shouldn't. The American people should have a say in that by voting for the next President.....oh..wait..nevermind.
Uh..let's just change it to say..if a REPUBLICAN is in office, they can nominate a judge. :)

"The American people should have a say in that by voting for the next President....."

See.....The thing is, the American people DID have a say. They elected Donald J Trump to be President ( Yes, he is President so get over it already) for 4 years until January 2021, not for 3 years and 8 months. Donald J Trump IS President and he should AND DID nominate a new justice. Now the Senate, which the American people ALSO had a say in electing for a term ending December 31, 2020, will do their job and advise and consent to the President's, that would be Donald J Trump because the American people had their say and elected him, Supreme Court pick and confirm his pick as the next Justice of the Supreme Court.

No. They didn't. Barack Obama was President in 2016. There was a vacant SC seat. He had the right to fill it. Period. End of story.

Wrong, he had a right to nominate. He couldn't fill it since he didn't have the senate. Senators are elected by the people.

Was Obama President?....OK. Then his nominee had the right to be..well...nominated...and heard and voted on.
The President, Senators, and Representatives are elected by the people. Enjoy the reapings of your sowing. It's about to come back and bite you full in the ass.

QUOTE with a LINK to the Constitution that a VOTE MUST be held....... I can link to about a dozen times NO VOTE or a vote not to vote on the nominee occurred.

Not..the..point. Mitch set the standard. Address it. Otherwise, keep spewing talking points.
I get it. It's your guy in the WH. Sorry. I don't care if she's Joan of Arc. Her nomination is illegitimate.

NOT LEGALLY, NOT Constitutionally and NOT ETHICALLY is it illegitimate. Or perhaps you can now cite with a link to a law, a Senate Rule or an article of the Constitution that is being violated?

Mitch McConnell. Address it. Please. Again, I get it. He's your guy and he can do whatever he wants. Remember. What goes around, comes around.

Address what? A president doing what the constitution says he has to do and a senate doing what they are supposed to do?

QUOTE with a LINK to the Constitution that a VOTE MUST be held....... I can link to about a dozen times NO VOTE or a vote not to vote on the nominee occurred.

Not..the..point. Mitch set the standard. Address it. Otherwise, keep spewing talking points.
I get it. It's your guy in the WH. Sorry. I don't care if she's Joan of Arc. Her nomination is illegitimate.

NOT LEGALLY, NOT Constitutionally and NOT ETHICALLY is it illegitimate. Or perhaps you can now cite with a link to a law, a Senate Rule or an article of the Constitution that is being violated?

Mitch McConnell. Address it. Please. Again, I get it. He's your guy and he can do whatever he wants. Remember. What goes around, comes around.

Don't even try to deny Democrats would not be doing the exact same thing if they had the Senate and White house because Democrats already tried to do exactly this. Hence STFU.

Whelp..sorry. I think Democrats just want precedent upheld at this point. Republicans??..they want ruling from the seat of their God in Heaven...wherever that is. Could be Jersey for all I know. :)

Don't even try to deny Democrats would not be doing the exact same thing if they had the Senate and White house because Democrats already tried to do exactly this. Hence STFU.

Whelp..sorry. I think Democrats just want precedent upheld at this point. Republicans??..they want ruling from the seat of their God in Heaven...wherever that is. Could be Jersey for all I know. :)

LMAO before you can have a precedent you have to stick to something. Joe FLIP FLOPPER Biden has now flip flopped on this 3 times. Naturally when Dems controlled the Senate and White House he was for it. So in summary, suck it.

What precedent? This has happened a dozen times in the past. But back when liberals weren't crybabies.

What precedent? This has happened a dozen times in the past. But back when liberals weren't crybabies.

These liberal trolls keep trying to pretend Dems haven't attempted the exact same damn thing. I'm about to put a bunch of the idiot retards on Ignore Ban for their trolling.

Funny thing is that republicans for the first time in 4 years, mentioned the political party of the president compared to the senate had anything to do with their decision to refuse to hold a hearing for a judicial nominee.
Only a politically naive ignoramus wouldn't realize it makes all the difference in the world when the POTUS and Senate aren't controlled by the same party. Don't be that naive ignoramus.

He made no rule or it would have been added to the Senate rule book RETARD. And he did NOT say NO nominee would ever be voted on in an election year, HE SAID when the President and the Senate are different parties he would not do a vote and as a matter of Historical record that is a Senate tradition that goes all the way back to Adams.

Well, they shouldn't. The American people should have a say in that by voting for the next President

Pretty sure they had that say when they voted for the current president. I also missed the part of the constitution that says a presidents term is 3 1/2 years and not four

Sure. But the rules were altered. Obama was President. He had the right to have his nominee put through the process. And was denied. And Republicans will pay for that. Sorry, she's illegitimate. Deal with it.
Your butthurt must be terrible for you, but it's no reason for rational people to change the way we do things.

Yikes. Hey, the 01's called. They want their "butthurt" back. LOL.
I got some good cheese to go with your whine. McConnell made this bed. Enjoy the slept in results. :)
If you don't like your butthurt being pointed out, stop being butthurt.

Perhaps you'd prefer "little bitch"? Makes no nevermind to me.

Meanwhile, Trump has his SCOTUS nominee, and she will be confirmed. You don't have to like it. It's going to happen.

Umm...I don't care if she gets approved or not. She will. But she's illegitimate. Democrats win the election(s). Change the state legislators...and you negate the stacking of the SC.
It's going to happen. :)

Precedent is that when a senate is a different party then the President they don't always vote on a nominee, I can link you to the HISTORY of that if you can't find it yourself cause mommy put locks on your search engine.

Well, they shouldn't. The American people should have a say in that by voting for the next President

Pretty sure they had that say when they voted for the current president. I also missed the part of the constitution that says a presidents term is 3 1/2 years and not four

Sure. But the rules were altered. Obama was President. He had the right to have his nominee put through the process. And was denied. And Republicans will pay for that. Sorry, she's illegitimate. Deal with it.
Your butthurt must be terrible for you, but it's no reason for rational people to change the way we do things.

I got some good cheese to go with your whine. McConnell made this bed. Enjoy the slept in results. :)

Meanwhile, Trump has his SCOTUS nominee, and she will be confirmed. You don't have to like it. It's going to happen.

Umm...I don't care if she gets approved or not. She will. But she's illegitimate. Democrats win the election(s). Change the state legislators...and you negate the stacking of the SC.

Do it. I DARE YOU. It would be political suicide.

"If you can't win the game, change the rules" is not a winning strategy.

Awww...ask Mitch. The biggest crybaby of all. This man will be your side's undoing. :)

Umm...what suicide? I said I don't care if she gets approved or not. Democrats are winning the ground game at the state level. And they will continue to do so.
And I wouldn't count on her being a stalwart right wing easy vote.

Umm...what suicide? I said I don't care if she gets approved or not. Democrats are winning the ground game at the state level. And they will continue to do so.

Stacking the courts is political suicide.

And Mitch isn't crying at all, he's doing his job. You're whining like a bitch.

Stacking the courts is political suicide.

Yep. Just as bad on the right..isn't it?..Unless you don't really believe that.

"Illegitimate". No, she's not. You're just being a sissy bedwetter.

And it's funny how you claim the court is stacked if it has non-liberals on it.

You know words have definitions, don't you? You don't get to make up new ones.

I don't do twitter, but here's an article that more or less supports your approval of McConnell's actions. Altthough McLaughlin conveniently ignores Biden and the dem senate confirming Kennedy in 1988, Reagan's final year. If Biden was playing the McConnell rules, he'd have not given Kennedy a vote because Hart was favored to win over W.... and we know how that turned out.

But I don't see the relevance in going back to the 19th century, besides maybe Lincoln's filling Taney's seat, because the political issues are so obvious. Dredd Scott was as notorious a decision then as anything today.

Hillary's greatest failure was that McConnell was praying for time with Garland. RBG would have resigned in Obama's second term, but she said she didn't think McConnell would give Obama more than two seats. And she was right. McConnell figured Scalia and replacing RBG would give the GOp a 6-3 Court. But Scalia dropped dead to everyone's surprise, including his own (bad joke. I sorta liked his views that cut both ways). if Hill wins in 16 and most expected, she names his and RBG's replacement and its a 5-4 dem Court.

As the article discuses "it's the timing." McConnell has to put this one through because more likely than not Trump will lose, and McConnell may lose the senate. McConnell piously saying in 2016 "well the people should vote."

But the political reality is there will be a 6-3 gop Court. How the politics play out … who knows. Imagine the Scotus throwing out Obamacare's protections for pre existing, keeping a kid on your HC through 25 …. and would invalidating the law invalidate Medicaid expansion? Even assuming McConnell holds the Senate, he'll never get 50 gop votes to pass any of those things.

Forum List

Back