Biden Handed Republicans A Shovel And They Just Can’t Stop Digging

I get it, but these clown would just as soon cut it back and then write another tax cut for the people that will never need it. They are not to be trusted with it, and everybody knows it.
It has to be fixed, White. You do understand that...right? Social Security as it stands right now is estimated to be insolvent in about ten years. So if we don't address that...if we demonize those who attempt to even start a discussion about how we DO fix it...the whole thing eventually collapses! So what happens then?

Let me ask you this, White...was it Trump's "policies" that you disliked or was it Trump's personality that you'd had enough of?
Policies, starting with his hiring practices, managerial style, but his open baiting of anybody to his left didn't help, nor his lack of ethics and morals, didn't help, along with his big mouth. Though I didn't vote for him (on evaluations of morals and ethics and lack of experience), I was determined to give him a chance, but by 9 months in, I knew I was correct and his brand of party populism to entertain his supporters was going to be destruct in the long run, to himself and the country as a whole. You really can't hire people that are crooks and under indictment or suspicion before you even came into office, without it turning into a sideshow of embarrassing legal entanglements and dismissals, resignations, etc. It appeared several in his cabinet were hired specifically for their lack of experience in their appointed position, but to more or less muck up the agencies, he didn't like, such as education, getting somebody who was not ever an educator at any level, Dept of Interior and EPA from the mining and oil industry, etc. His thing of "We're going to have only the best people" was a sham, from the beginning, as seen by his revolving door personnel management, of executive positions and advisors. By September, I gave up on him growing into the gravitas of the position.
You could say, he screwed up immediately on the same things that would not fly for a public sector CEO, that had to answer to a board, not controlled by his ownship and stock holders/stake holders.

Policies, starting with his hiring practices, managerial style, but his open baiting of anybody to his left didn't help, nor his lack of ethics and morals, didn't help, along with his big mouth. Though I didn't vote for him (on evaluations of morals and ethics and lack of experience), I was determined to give him a chance, but by 9 months in, I knew I was correct and his brand of party populism to entertain his supporters was going to be destruct in the long run, to himself and the country as a whole. You really can't hire people that are crooks and under indictment or suspicion before you even came into office, without it turning into a sideshow of embarrassing legal entanglements and dismissals, resignations, etc. It appeared several in his cabinet were hired specifically for their lack of experience in their appointed position, but to more or less muck up the agencies, he didn't like, such as education, getting somebody who was not ever an educator at any level, Dept of Interior and EPA from the mining and oil industry, etc. His thing of "We're going to have only the best people" was a sham, from the beginning, as seen by his revolving door personnel management, of executive positions and advisors. By September, I gave up on him growing into the gravitas of the position.
You could say, he screwed up immediately on the same things that would not fly for a public sector CEO, that had to answer to a board, not controlled by his ownship and stock holders/stake holders.
OK...I'm curious. Which would you rate as a better Cabinet...the Trump Cabinet or the Biden Cabinet? You claim that Trump's Cabinet lacked experience? Which one's struggled more than the Cabinet that Joe Biden has assembled? With all due respect, White? Can you even name a Cabinet member in this administration that's doing a great job?

And yet somehow the Trump Administration gave us some of the best economic numbers in decades before Covid shut down the works...had the Middle East calm with even peace accords between Israel and several Arab nations...had the border secure...and we were net exporters of fossil fuels Amazing how an administration that you portray as poorly run managed to accomplish so much!
Compare that to Joe Biden and his crew! They seem to be competing to see who can be the worst Secretary of their department EVER! Every department is turning into a raging dumpster fire with no end in sight.

OK...I'm curious. Which would you rate as a better Cabinet...the Trump Cabinet or the Biden Cabinet? You claim that Trump's Cabinet lacked experience? Which one's struggled more than the Cabinet that Joe Biden has assembled? With all due respect, White? Can you even name a Cabinet member in this administration that's doing a great job?
Biden Cabinet. None have had to be removed by Biden for malfeasance. None selected to intentionally harm a department, the I cannot see the benefit of having Mayor Pete (an excellent mayor by most accounts) in the position of Transportation. I am really not a big believer in OJT in department or field, for the executive positions of cabinet posts. There is a reason why Corporations hire experts in their field at key technical areas, if they can find one or promote from within. It really isn't about politics in the private sector, and not a good idea to be a reward bone in the public service sector of government. Corporations look at it like their individual sectors all have to perform.

You really are too stupid to be one person. If you're reviewing something why would you call it "sunsetting"???? And of course you didn't google it. Heaven forbid you should know what you're talking about.
Are you calling your Vegetable Messiah a liar, fuckwit?

Dragonlady

As a first-term senator from Delaware, Joe Biden introduced a bill that would sunset all federal programs — including Social Security — every four years, a policy goal that he attacked “some Republicans” for during his State of the Union address Tuesday night.

The legislation Biden put forward in the Senate back in July 1975, when, like now, the US economy was in a nosedive, would have terminated “all provisions of law” which allow “new budget authority for a period of more than four fiscal years,” the congressional record shows.

The Biden sunset provisions would have applied to the defense budget, and entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare.

“It requires every program to be looked at freshly at least once every four years. The examination is not just of the increased cost of the program, but of the worthiness of the entire program,” Biden, then 32, said of his fiscal crunch bill

That’s not what sunsetting is and you know it. Social security and Medicare is constantly being reviewed
Are you calling your Vegetable Messiah a liar, Dumbass?

Lesh
As a first-term senator from Delaware, Joe Biden introduced a bill that would sunset all federal programs — including Social Security — every four years, a policy goal that he attacked “some Republicans” for during his State of the Union address Tuesday night.

The legislation Biden put forward in the Senate back in July 1975, when, like now, the US economy was in a nosedive, would have terminated “all provisions of law” which allow “new budget authority for a period of more than four fiscal years,” the congressional record shows.

The Biden sunset provisions would have applied to the defense budget, and entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare.

“It requires every program to be looked at freshly at least once every four years. The examination is not just of the increased cost of the program, but of the worthiness of the entire program,” Biden, then 32, said of his fiscal crunch bill

Biden Cabinet. None have had to be removed by Biden for malfeasance. None selected to intentionally harm a department, the I cannot see the benefit of having Mayor Pete (an excellent mayor by most accounts) in the position of Transportation. I am really not a big believer in OJT in department or field, for the executive positions of cabinet posts. There is a reason why Corporations hire experts in their field at key technical areas, if they can find one or promote from within. It really isn't about politics in the private sector, and not a good idea to be a reward bone in the public service sector of government. Corporations look at it like their individual sectors all have to perform.
None have been removed by Biden for malfeasance! That's where your bar is set? That doesn't mean any of them are any good. Mayorkas? He's awful. The border is a sieve and he lies to us and says it's under control! Granthelm? She's in charge of energy and she hates the fossil fuel industry! Then people wonder why their fuel oil costs 50% more this year? Mayor Pete? From the supply chain fiasco to the airline catastrophe at Christmas to a train derailment in Ohio...the Transportation Secretary is nowhere to be found. Janet Yellen? She got it totally wrong on inflation. At least she had the decency to admit it! Defense Secretary Austin? He can't even stave off an enemy attack of BALLOONS! God help us if they use something badass! He's turning our military into a "woke" joke! Merrick Garland? He thinks parents yelling at school administrators are "terrorists" while he ignores violent protests against sitting members of the Supreme Court! Don't even get me started on Kamala! She's like a SNL comedy skit except she's REALLY our Vice President!

Seriously, White...is there ANYONE in the Biden Cabinet who isn't a complete failure at their job?

None have been removed by Biden for malfeasance! That's where your bar is set? That doesn't mean any of them are any good. Mayorkas? He's awful. The border is a sieve and he lies to us and says it's under control! Granthelm? She's in charge of energy and she hates the fossil fuel industry! Then people wonder why their fuel oil costs 50% more this year? Mayor Pete? From the supply chain fiasco to the airline catastrophe at Christmas to a train derailment in Ohio...the Transportation Secretary is nowhere to be found. Janet Yellen? She got it totally wrong on inflation. At least she had the decency to admit it! Defense Secretary Austin? He can't even stave off an enemy attack of BALLOONS! God help us if they use something badass! He's turning our military into a "woke" joke! Merrick Garland? He thinks parents yelling at school administrators are "terrorists" while he ignores violent protests against sitting members of the Supreme Court! Don't even get me started on Kamala! She's like a SNL comedy skit except she's REALLY our Vice President!

Seriously, White...is there ANYONE in the Biden Cabinet who isn't a complete failure at their job?
Well, don't vote for Joe. Fine with me. He doesn't appear to have appointed anybody with the intention of shutting down a department and none his picks are under indictment. Boarder? Heck I don't support Joe's border policy either and it's the main reason I would like to see challengers. I can't say anybody has hurt the fossil fuel industry much with drilling up, production up and profits through the roof. Pete is an OK guy as smart young OK guys go, but I have made the point on this board that department heads need experience from somewhere relating to the department they run. I have no major problem on defense. The Balloons don't excite me. Though they excite you. I know gobs of people in the military. It ain't going to hell by any means. And, you have undoubtedly read my opinion of Kamala. What is it you are looking for? A return to trump? It ain't happening. Pretty unlikely will get somebody that divisive and prone to those eccentricities.

Well, don't vote for Joe. Fine with me. He doesn't appear to have appointed anybody with the intention of shutting down a department and none his picks are under indictment. Boarder? Heck I don't support Joe's border policy either and it's the main reason I would like to see challengers. I can't say anybody has hurt the fossil fuel industry much with drilling up, production up and profits through the roof. Pete is an OK guy as smart young OK guys go, but I have made the point on this board that department heads need experience from somewhere relating to the department they run. I have no major problem on defense. The Balloons don't excite me. Though they excite you. I know gobs of people in the military. It ain't going to hell by any means. And, you have undoubtedly read my opinion of Kamala. What is it you are looking for? A return to trump? It ain't happening. Pretty unlikely will get somebody that divisive and prone to those eccentricities.
So you basically admit that the Biden Cabinet is full of people who aren't getting the job done...but you'd still take THEM over Trump's Cabinet? Why?
As for the military? They got rid of people who wouldn't get jabbed and now they're not coming close to meeting their recruitment goals. They've lowered standards because of "equity" concerns and our fighting force is now woke and weaker than I've ever seen it! The people that have for decades made up the bulk of our military come from rural America but they don't feel welcome in THIS military! That's an issue...a HUGE issue!

Just so we're clear? I'm not a big fan of Trump. As I've said many times here...I like his policies...I do not like his personality. I don't like the drama. I'd love to see Nikki Haley in office. I'd love to see Ron DeSantis in office. I'd love to see Kristi Noem in the Oval Office. We need people with common sense running the country and right now we're being run by IDIOTS! Joe Biden was dumb forty years ago. He hasn't gotten smarter. I still can't believe people nominated HIM to be the Democratic candidate! There are house plants with more intelligence than Joe Biden!

So you basically admit that the Biden Cabinet is full of people who aren't getting the job done...but you'd still take THEM over Trump's Cabinet? Why?
As for the military? They got rid of people who wouldn't get jabbed and now they're not coming close to meeting their recruitment goals. They've lowered standards because of "equity" concerns and our fighting force is now woke and weaker than I've ever seen it! The people that have for decades made up the bulk of our military come from rural America but they don't feel welcome in THIS military! That's an issue...a HUGE issue!
Picking people who may be mediocre is different from picking people meant to disrupt for political reason.
Thei military is fine. Who is it, you are wanting to fight. I have never seen them throw a war, without a bunch of takers.

Picking people who may be mediocre is different from picking people meant to disrupt for political reason.
Thei military is fine. Who is it, you are wanting to fight. I have never seen them throw a war, without a bunch of takers.
Interesting! So do think that putting Jennifer Granholm in charge of the Department of Energy would be seen as "disruptive" to energy producers in the US?

I don't want to fight anyone! The harsh truth however is that there are bad people out there that WILL want to pick a fight with us if they sense weakness and right now our military is weaker than it has been in a long time!

Since Tuesday’s State of the Union, President Joe Biden has had Republicans on the ropes over Social Security and Medicare, and he’s not backing down. After his resounding State of the Union victory, Biden took his win on the road to Florida and Wisconsin. Those happen to be the home states of the senators with the most radical proposals for killing off the programs.

Oddly, those senators—Rick Scott (FL) and Ron Johnson (WI)—decided to just keep digging. They lent a shovel to Sen. Mike Rounds (R-SD) over the weekend, who went on CNN Sunday to tell Jake Tapper that he looks at Social Security like defense spending, something that should be “managed” every year by Congress.

The only thing that’s going to get managed is the Presidents plan to expand the programs, and make those losers billionaire donors pay for it.

Source: Daily KoOkS.

laugh-smile.gif

Last edited:
And just so you know, White? If Biden's Cabinet WERE "mediocre" it would be a step in the right direction. They aren't mediocre...they're awful. Their policies are misguided and they lie to the public with regularity.

Merrick Garland? He thinks parents yelling at school administrators are "terrorists"...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, with no disrespect towards the poster Oldestyle, but.......but he is either uninformed, ill-informed, or intentionally promoting a corrosive canard that damages confidence in our police and law enforcement.

Law enforcement is rightfully investigating parents who have disrupted school boards by threatening to injure or kill our publicly elected school officials. If parents cannot or will not conduct themselves in a responsible safe manner when expressing their concerns over their children's education then they bring upon themselves the law enforcement scrutiny that all loyal responsible America citizens will want to be applied. Duh!

Interesting! So do think that putting Jennifer Granholm in charge of the Department of Energy would be seen as "disruptive" to energy producers in the US?
Got to admit, a degree in Poly Sci and French, and an appearance on The Dating Game, isn't too impressive, but she was two term Governor of Michigan from 2003 to 2011 and Attorney General before. The DOE ain't exactly in shambles, as oil production is up, drilling is up and at the same time alternatives are being explored and added to the National Grid. I have no major complaint of her in office.

Forum List

Back