Biden going to raise tax on tobacco...so no one earning under $400k uses Tobacco?

You’re making a stupid argument by overstating the importance of tobacco tax revenue. It’s a drop in the bucket in tax revenue. It’s not finding “all their social programs”. I can’t even come close to paying for the massive costs of smoking.

Cigarette taxes are incredible effective. Tax a thing, you get less of it. Smoking isn’t just bad for people, it’s bad for the country. It’s simple enough, I find it hard that people are against it.

They’re probably just reflexively opposing anything democrats support.

Well you see we real Americans don't believe that the government should be using taxation as a method into beat the citizenry into submission. That's not what taxes were designed to do. Forcing government way of thinking is what they do in North Korea or Cuba. Perhaps move there if you approve of such forceful methods of controlling the people.

You are completely out of tune with life in America if that's what you really believe.

You can tax the big guy, initiate expensive regulations, force them to overpay employees, and the big guy doesn't lose a dime. He passes ALL his losses to us little people, and we end up paying all those extra costs.
Ray, I get that......but Amazon gets a huge i unfair advantage and Jeff Bezos like all the silicon Valley leftists love him some tax increases. All I'm saying if lefties want to really tax rich people, remove their deductions. But the lefties won't and we all know why

Tax a thing, you get less of it. Smoking isn’t just bad for people, it’s bad for the country. It’s simple enough, I find it hard that people are against it.

They’re probably just reflexively opposing anything democrats support.

Exactly right. And that's true when you are talking about income and productivity and wealth as well.

Leveling taxes on those factors reduces them.

However, people are going to continue to smoke, drink, use drugs, whatever, regardless of how much the tax is.

And if the taxes are too high, they'll find a way around them.

Ray, I get that......but Amazon gets a huge i unfair advantage and Jeff Bezos like all the silicon Valley leftists love him some tax increases. All I'm saying if lefties want to really tax rich people, remove their deductions. But the lefties won't and we all know why

Obama and Hillary both raised record amounts of campaign funds, and they didn't get it from the homeless I can tell you that. The tax laws that Amazon uses are the same that every business does. If we get rid of those deductions, it will only lead to higher consumer prices and less expansion which means less jobs. It wouldn't just affect Amazon.

As a landlord, I have over a hundred deductions every single year. Those deductions allow me to keep my rental prices reasonable for my tenants. If those deductions were taken away, I'd have to find the money somewhere else. That somewhere else would be my tenants. That would put them in a position of living paycheck to paycheck, or perhaps in a position where they'd have to move. What I'm saying is there is really no advantage to it other than government taking more of all our money.

I don't recall him being specific. All the same, nothing should be funded on the backs of the poor.
I agree! And that's still up for negotiation.... Lots of democratic congress critters have objected to the ciggie tax hike, for that very reason.... It hits those poorer the hardest! Taxing an addiction, is also inhumane, imho.

What happened to the Biden lie that taxes would not go up on people earning under $400k?

The Democrats' $3.5 trillion budget proposal relies on a $100 billion tax hike that disproportionately targets the poor, lines the pockets of organized crime, and increases inequality.

The plan doubles the federal tax on cigarettes, which would break President Joe Biden's promise to raise taxes only on those earning more than $400,000. Households with an income of $35,000 or less smoke at three times the rate of households with incomes of more than $100,000. Richard Marianos, a 27-year veteran of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives who worked on gang violence, said a tobacco tax increase will punish vulnerable communities.

His green policies will also make gas and cars much more expensive, hurting the one percenters the most. None of the rich will have any problems buying Teslas.

His green policies will also make gas and cars much more expensive, hurting the one percenters the most. None of the rich will have any problems buying Teslas.

Not to worry. Some Democrat will come along and propose we taxpayers subsidize the cars even more so the hard working people can afford them too.

I love how the board left wing communist cuckold faggot assholes have to INTERPRET what Biden "MEANT", but when Trump was in office....THESE SAME PEOPLE HELD TRUMP TO HIS WORD FOR WORD QUOTES.

My conclusion:

Lefties are lying hypocritical bags of shit.

I agree! And that's still up for negotiation.... Lots of democratic congress critters have objected to the ciggie tax hike, for that very reason.... It hits those poorer the hardest! Taxing an addiction, is also inhumane, imho.

Why should they care? A lot of Democrat voters are dumb. The party can do whatever they want to their constituents and they'll continue to vote for them. Look at the blacks. The commies are ushering in illegals by the millions and busing or flying their infected asses all over the country. They will take jobs blacks would otherwise have gotten. Does that change the voting demographic? Hell no. Blacks will keep voting Democrat no matter what.

1633014118898.png

Nick pick everything to death. Would love to hear some one say lets sit down & work this out.

Work what out? This is not about working anything out, it's about showing the lies of the left and in particular, Dementia. Like DumBama before him, he said nobody making less than 400K will see any tax increase, and he wants to increase their taxes like Hussein did.

Why should they care? A lot of Democrat voters are dumb. The party can do whatever they want to their constituents and they'll continue to vote for them. Look at the blacks. The commies are ushering in illegals by the millions and busing or flying their infected asses all over the country. They will take jobs blacks would otherwise have gotten. Does that change the voting demographic? Hell no. Blacks will keep voting Democrat no matter what.
- you sound like you are talking about republican voters, projecting it on to being democrats. :rolleyes:

- we follow the legislative laws in place for refugee asylum seekers, and illegal entry. We can't keep letting executive orders flip flop president to president. We need congress and the senate to address immigration reform, for legals and illegals and asylum seeker refugees...among other things like increasing the immigration courts and judges, so we can move them through the system quickly!

- If republicans had anything to say or do for improving black lives that matter instead of dissing all of them....then they would vote for Republicans as well. Y'all spend 24/7 talking and showing the world, how much you hate them, believe they are below you. It may not be true for all republicans, but y'all seem to try real hard, to come off that way.

- you sound like you are talking about republican voters, projecting it on to being democrats.

How so? Care to provide an example?

- we follow the legislative laws in place for refugee asylum seekers, and illegal entry. We can't keep letting executive orders flip flop president to president. We need congress and the senate to address immigration reform, for legals and illegals and asylum seeker refugees...among other things like increasing the immigration courts and judges, so we can move them through the system quickly!

- If republicans had anything to say or do for improving black lives that matter instead of dissing all of them....then they would vote for Republicans as well. Y'all spend 24/7 talking and showing the world, how much you hate them, believe they are below you. It may not be true for all republicans, but y'all seem to try real hard, to come off that way.

You have no idea WTF you're talking about. Blacks have never done better than under President Trump. Yes, he did greatly increase his black supporters in the second election, but they still voted 90% plus for Democrats. We are not following the legislative process for illegals, that's why the BP estimates that we will have 2 million more illegals in this country by the end of the year. What happened to most of the Haitians? They are like all the others who were let into the country and likely never to be seen again.

There is nothing that needs reform with our immigration system. We allow a million people a year to become citizens of this country, and hand out nearly a million VISA"s or green cards to those who wish to come here and take advantage of everything we created. No other country in the world does that for outsiders. When people talk immigration reform, it's code words for letting more invaders into the country and we don't need that right now.

Not to worry. Some Democrat will come along and propose we taxpayers subsidize the cars even more so the hard working people can afford them too.
They've already done that, sort of. I believe in the 3.5 trillion dollar plan there was going to be a $7500 tax credit for buying an electric vehicle, like that would help the poor buy a Tesla.

They've already done that, sort of. I believe in the 3.5 trillion dollar plan there was going to be a $7500 tax credit for buying an electric vehicle, like that would help the poor buy a Tesla.

You know how Democrats are. I wouldn't put it past them to buy each poor person a new electric car.

What happened to the Biden lie that taxes would not go up on people earning under $400k?

The Democrats' $3.5 trillion budget proposal relies on a $100 billion tax hike that disproportionately targets the poor, lines the pockets of organized crime, and increases inequality.

The plan doubles the federal tax on cigarettes, which would break President Joe Biden's promise to raise taxes only on those earning more than $400,000. Households with an income of $35,000 or less smoke at three times the rate of households with incomes of more than $100,000. Richard Marianos, a 27-year veteran of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives who worked on gang violence, said a tobacco tax increase will punish vulnerable communities.

bidenism is insanity bankrupt the nation is good????????

Forum List

Back