Biden Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Enduring Storm

Crazy Uncle Joe killed more Americans this month than Middle East Muslims.

How did the Biden administration stop texas from increasing power to their grid, which they deregulated and isolated specifically to avoid federal oversight?

Could you stop with the lies and conspiracies, just for one day?
Well maybe you should read the Order in the link.....they refused to lift Enviromental regs that capped their output., until they used all other means....such as buying energy from others, hence the massive bills we are seeing.

The fact that Texas grid is run by a seperate entity then the rest of the grids, doesn't mean that it doesn't have to follow federal laws, and regulations....such as Enviro regs.
Where in the heck do you get that opinion from?

NOT the order....

The order authorized Texas to do what they gotta do, to keep their electricity, up and running.
Opinion? No, it's in the Order. Apparently you haven't actually read it

The connections Texas has to other grids is limited, which in turn limits the amount of power that can be transferred from other grids to Texas and vice versa.

So the order to buy what they can from other sources was easily fulfilled and it had nothing to do with the outrageous bills some people got. That's a different de-regulation story.

It's not limited anymore then any of the other grids are limited.

The order is clear as day.....and that is why the bills are so high

View attachment 460781

Texas’ grid is also mostly isolated from other areas of the country, a set up designed to avoid federal regulation. It has some connectivity to Mexico and to the Eastern U.S. grid, but those ties have limits on what they can transmit. The Eastern U.S. is also facing the same winter storm that is creating a surge in power demand. That means that Texas has been unable to get much help from other areas.

My bill is not high at all. My electricity is based on the Natural Gas price index with a max cap. The people who got hammered didn't read the fine print in their contract for wholesale power with no cap on the price.
Next time Texas needs to not even ask President Asterisk.

To let our power plant freeze, we don't need his permission.
Maybe if Texas can start simply ignoring federal regulations as many on here suggested they could have since they operate their own grib....they never would have.

YOU HAD CONTROL YOU DIDN'T FORCE THEM TO WINTERIZE

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

THERE IS NO PROFIT MOTIVE TO WINTERIZE FOR ONCE A DECADE STORMS. THEY WILL LET YOU FREEZE THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCK
Huh? What did I have control over? and who?

Huh?

I don't disagree.....I don't think it's really all that big a deal, and frankly the issues would have likely been less, had they been able to waive the Enviromental reg they requested without having to buy from other sources.....but then again there would have been no profit for those grids run by the FERC, which is part of the DOE.

Yea your power grid going down and texan society collapsing no big deal
I don't live in Texas...and the grid is back in Texas, and society did not collapse..

Weellll we were sharpening the old pitchforks....then we remembered how much we rely on the grid in the summer.

How did the Biden administration stop texas from increasing power to their grid, which they deregulated and isolated specifically to avoid federal oversight?

Well maybe you should read the Order in the link.....they refused to lift Enviromental regs that capped their output., until they used all other means....such as buying energy from others, hence the massive bills we are seeing.

The fact that Texas grid is run by a seperate entity then the rest of the grids, doesn't mean that it doesn't have to follow federal laws, and regulations....such as Enviro regs.

NOT the order....

The order authorized Texas to do what they gotta do, to keep their electricity, up and running.

The connections Texas has to other grids is limited, which in turn limits the amount of power that can be transferred from other grids to Texas and vice versa.

So the order to buy what they can from other sources was easily fulfilled and it had nothing to do with the outrageous bills some people got. That's a different de-regulation story.

View attachment 460781

Texas’ grid is also mostly isolated from other areas of the country, a set up designed to avoid federal regulation. It has some connectivity to Mexico and to the Eastern U.S. grid, but those ties have limits on what they can transmit. The Eastern U.S. is also facing the same winter storm that is creating a surge in power demand. That means that Texas has been unable to get much help from other areas.

My bill is not high at all. My electricity is based on the Natural Gas price index with a max cap. The people who got hammered didn't read the fine print in their contract for wholesale power with no cap on the price.
No one owes them or their families anything; nor is it the local governments responsibility to support them during trying times like that! Sink or swim, it’s their choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes them NOTHING!
I am going to have to remember this the next time there is a wildfire in California, or NYC gets hit by a hurricane or a pandemic....for that matter when Portland is set a blaze by rioters, and shops are robbed, looted and the like
Why would you do that against California or New York?

I of course wouldn't...but if I were to use the logic you are using against Texas, then I would have to
LOL

Huh? What logic is that? You don't even know.
<crickets>

What's your logic? Is it because I'm Liberal and those are Liberal cities and states?
I was talking about your logic.....that since it's a State run grid and not managed by the Federal Govt, then they are on their own......so, when a California State forest and the state's mismanagement causes a wildfire, then by your logic it's california's problem....the Feds owe them nothing...likewise, when Portland allows leftwing terrorist to run wild and loot....it's Portland's problem

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

No one owes them or their families anything; nor is it the local governments responsibility to support them during trying times like that! Sink or swim, it’s their choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes them NOTHING!
I am going to have to remember this the next time there is a wildfire in California, or NYC gets hit by a hurricane or a pandemic....for that matter when Portland is set a blaze by rioters, and shops are robbed, looted and the like

I of course wouldn't...but if I were to use the logic you are using against Texas, then I would have to
LOL

<crickets>

What's your logic? Is it because I'm Liberal and those are Liberal cities and states?
I was talking about your logic.....that since it's a State run grid and not managed by the Federal Govt, then they are on their own......so, when a California State forest and the state's mismanagement causes a wildfire, then by your logic it's california's problem....the Feds owe them nothing...likewise, when Portland allows leftwing terrorist to run wild and loot....it's Portland's problem
Umm, except in the case of California's wild fires, much, if not most, occurred on federal lands. So why do you think the federal government bears no responsibility in helping?

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

LOL

<crickets>

Umm, except in the case of California's wild fires, much, if not most, occurred on federal lands. So why do you think the federal government bears no responsibility in helping?
I am talking about the ones on State lands or maybe even on local lands etc.....so by your logic you agree that the Feds shouldn't act then....right?

For example, last year the Big Creek fire began, in a drainage area on non-federal land....it actually ended up damaging a lot of Federal land....so shouldn't Cali being giving us some money for the property they damaged? and shouldn't they also have been totally on their own?

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

LOL

<crickets>

I am talking about the ones on State lands or maybe even on local lands etc.....so by your logic you agree that the Feds shouldn't act then....right?

For example, last year the Big Creek fire began, in a drainage area on non-federal land....it actually ended up damaging a lot of Federal land....so shouldn't Cali being giving us some money for the property they damaged? and shouldn't they also have been totally on their own?
No, not according to me.

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

LOL

<crickets>

No, not according to me.
well that's odd because you seemed to have that view about Texas

Fake news. Obscure nutty source.
Here is the order from DOE that was in that "obscure nutty source"
DOE 202(c) Emergency Order - ERCOT 02.14.2021.pdf (energy.gov)

You're such a BULLSHIT artist!

The Emergency order you linked to shows that the DOE gave permission for ERCOT to increase their power output as needed - even if it went above normal environmental restrictions.

Learn how to read, moron!

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

LOL

<crickets>

No, not according to me.
I can see why you'd think that, but those weren't actually my words. That's what a Republican mayor said to his constituents. I was mocking his stupidity and callousness which thankfully, cost him his job.

EuYi-vtXAAMXhp1.png

Bullshit!!! Biden doesn’t control the power in Texas. Abbott does.

You people will say anything to try to deflect blame for Republicans.

You people have no shame whatsoever. Every time a Republican fucks up and kills people, you try to blame the Democrats for it.

Fake news. The power plants that they were planning on using didn't start and didn't generate any amount of energy for the grid. The price is a red herring. The wholesale price spiked to more than 6 times the amount the DOE set.

Texas GOP allowed the power companies to choose not to winterize. It wasn't wind turbines (although they should have been winterized too.) It wasn't the DOE or President Joe. It was the Texas Government that is to blame.
The Biden document is posted in the thread.
Once again you’re wrong.
You are such a lying sacks of shit ERCOT ceo stated himself that he was given permission to up emissions with in hours of his request. I am looking forward to the day you face Saint Pete.

You’d be wise to read your links before posting them. They never say what you think they say. And you always end up with egg on your face when you don’t read them.

This one says that even with all of the emergency energy increases being taken on account of the storm, ERCOT says the Texas power grid will be inadequate to meet needs due to this storm.

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

LOL

<crickets>

No, not according to me.
I can see why you'd think that, but those weren't actually my words. That's what a Republican mayor said to his constituents. I was mocking his stupidity and callousness which thankfully, cost him his job.

EuYi-vtXAAMXhp1.png
what does the mayor of a city have to do with the Federal govt?

With that said, he's right, be part of the solution not the problem

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

LOL

<crickets>

No, not according to me.
Pretty sure I've been responding to YOU in this thread.

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

LOL

<crickets>

No, not according to me.

EuYi-vtXAAMXhp1.png
Nothing.

What could Texans have done to help?

That’s another lie, loony took. Stop it.
Who said Leftards keep their heads up their ass to deny reality?

I believe pretty much everyone has said that.

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

LOL

<crickets>

No, not according to me.

EuYi-vtXAAMXhp1.png
Nothing.

What could Texans have done to help?
Ok, then why did you bring his tweet up? It literally has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or your prior comments.

I’m only puzzled by one question.
Are the Left always totally ignorant of reality because they are Leftist, or are they Leftists because they are totally ignorant of reality?

Chicken or the egg?

Both. They become leftists because they have a propensity to be ignorant of reality, and then being a leftist allows - nay, encourages - them to continue being ignorant of reality.

That’s another lie, loony took. Stop it.
Who said Leftards keep their heads up their ass to deny reality?
I posted this to Fakebook and they put a disclaimer on it saying it's false.

They bother to offer any proof to the contrary, or are they like the leftist lintbrains around here, thinking that screeching, "It's FALSE!!! It never happened, because I SAY SO!!!" is enough?

I call BULLSHIT

pants-fire

"Look!!! I found a leftist site that told me I could disbelieve it, and all I need to know are my marching orders!!!"

Forum List

Back