Biden Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Enduring Storm

Crazy Uncle Joe killed more Americans this month than Middle East Muslims.

How did the Biden administration stop texas from increasing power to their grid, which they deregulated and isolated specifically to avoid federal oversight?

Could you stop with the lies and conspiracies, just for one day?
Well maybe you should read the Order in the link.....they refused to lift Enviromental regs that capped their output., until they used all other means....such as buying energy from others, hence the massive bills we are seeing.

The fact that Texas grid is run by a seperate entity then the rest of the grids, doesn't mean that it doesn't have to follow federal laws, and regulations....such as Enviro regs.
Where in the heck do you get that opinion from?

NOT the order....

The order authorized Texas to do what they gotta do, to keep their electricity, up and running.
Opinion? No, it's in the Order. Apparently you haven't actually read it

The connections Texas has to other grids is limited, which in turn limits the amount of power that can be transferred from other grids to Texas and vice versa.

So the order to buy what they can from other sources was easily fulfilled and it had nothing to do with the outrageous bills some people got. That's a different de-regulation story.

It's not limited anymore then any of the other grids are limited.

The order is clear as day.....and that is why the bills are so high

View attachment 460781

Texas’ grid is also mostly isolated from other areas of the country, a set up designed to avoid federal regulation. It has some connectivity to Mexico and to the Eastern U.S. grid, but those ties have limits on what they can transmit. The Eastern U.S. is also facing the same winter storm that is creating a surge in power demand. That means that Texas has been unable to get much help from other areas.

My bill is not high at all. My electricity is based on the Natural Gas price index with a max cap. The people who got hammered didn't read the fine print in their contract for wholesale power with no cap on the price.

Americans are under no obligation to help texas with their energy grid

what the fuck are you talking about?

They are the only state in the union with their own, if they can't maintain it they can go fuck themselves

They wanted independence, they got it.

How anyone could blame Biden for this when even Rick Perry was smart enough to know this would happen is absurd.
And the best part of Texas is it’s now Open Season on Leftards.
View attachment 460784

You fuckers can't even deal with snow no one is scared of you retards

The hubris to believe you're good at anything down there but oil is absurd.

A few nerds and a bit of weather manipulation could kill all of you.

They are the only state in the union with their own, if they can't maintain it they can go fuck themselves

How anyone could blame Biden for this when even Rick Perry was smart enough to know this would happen is absurd.
So by your logic, Texas shouldn't of asked if the Biden Admin would relax the Enviromental regs so they could produce more energy? They should have just ignored it?
Yep, that’s what the Leftard says. Texas can go 100% unfiltered coal.

It doesn't matter anyway you retards wouldn't winterize your shit so you'd still lose power

That's the issue here.

Even Rick Perry could see it through his painkiller haze

How did the Biden administration stop texas from increasing power to their grid, which they deregulated and isolated specifically to avoid federal oversight?

Well maybe you should read the Order in the link.....they refused to lift Enviromental regs that capped their output., until they used all other means....such as buying energy from others, hence the massive bills we are seeing.

The fact that Texas grid is run by a seperate entity then the rest of the grids, doesn't mean that it doesn't have to follow federal laws, and regulations....such as Enviro regs.

NOT the order....

The order authorized Texas to do what they gotta do, to keep their electricity, up and running.

The connections Texas has to other grids is limited, which in turn limits the amount of power that can be transferred from other grids to Texas and vice versa.

So the order to buy what they can from other sources was easily fulfilled and it had nothing to do with the outrageous bills some people got. That's a different de-regulation story.

View attachment 460781

Texas’ grid is also mostly isolated from other areas of the country, a set up designed to avoid federal regulation. It has some connectivity to Mexico and to the Eastern U.S. grid, but those ties have limits on what they can transmit. The Eastern U.S. is also facing the same winter storm that is creating a surge in power demand. That means that Texas has been unable to get much help from other areas.

My bill is not high at all. My electricity is based on the Natural Gas price index with a max cap. The people who got hammered didn't read the fine print in their contract for wholesale power with no cap on the price.
Next time Texas needs to not even ask President Asterisk.

Bullshit. The gas pipes froze, the windmills froze, the water lines froze all because the governor did not winterize.
and the numerous Texas Govts before him. With that said, they needed more power....that is what this request was about, which the Biden admin destroyed
Wrong. They have never had weather like this and their grid was not a part of the national scheme. Texas did its own thing to avoid regulations, and this is the result.

I've lived here in south Texas for over 40 years and yes we have this kind of artic cold. Texas passed a law that allowed the energy producers to skate, they only recommended winterizing they didn't require it.

Though in the past you haven't seen this level of discomfort etc...I am curious if prior Federal Enviromental regs were waived, or I guess even existed to the level they do today

Actually, down here the hurricanes have been worse. I don't remember this many plants failing at the same time. The worst I remember was in 89. But there were a lot less people here and a lot less stress on the grid that winter.

Best investment I ever made, a generator, paid off again last week.
I am sure!

Yep, different parts of the country all I have different needs....obviously unexpected things can come up, such as this, but the idea is managing it when a crisis happens.

The Biden Admin refusing to simply waive the Enviromental restrictions was a horrible choice, that really put a strain on the entire system

The DOE granted Texas permission the same day they made the request. Not only were they not able to fire up the extra capacity they needed, because of the cold, but also other plants failed because of the cold as well.

Trying to blame the DOE, the EPA or the new Administration is a red herring the Texas GOP wants to spread around because they are the ones responsible for the regulations that allowed all this to happen. They don't want to pay the political price for their miscalculation.
I didn't blame the EPA, I blamed the DOE, because they wouldn't relax the enviromental reg until all other means were used first....ie buying from other grids, which jacked up cost majorly.

Additioanlly, I don't blame the DOE for the cold weather....that's not their fault....but the Biden Admin dropped the ball, cost skyrocketed, and the pain and suffering grew

Texas simply doesn't have the transmission line ties to buy that much from other sources. Biden was not responsible for Texas not requiring energy producer to winterize. Lack of winterization was the cause of the rolling blackouts.
I don't disagree, but once the emergency started.....they could have helped.....but all the Biden admin did piss on their request.

By your logic if a wildfire in Cali starts in a California State Forest....the Feds shouldn't help, and the President should send no help.

It's obvious that seems to be the view of the current admin, and many posters here....at least as it pertains to States that didnt vote for them

Did you miss the pissing on, bullying and threats to states that didn’t vote for Dear Leader? You should pay better attention.
Biden is President now, and frankly, I have less of a problem with bullying, then I do with Biden allowing the folks in Texas to freeze, and then get stuck with massive electric bills after the fact because he wouldn't simply relax a enviromental reg for a short period of time

So by your logic, Texas shouldn't of asked if the Biden Admin would relax the Enviromental regs so they could produce more energy? They should have just ignored it?

It doesn't matter anyway you retards wouldn't winterize your shit so you'd still lose power
1249C590-0BDA-446C-8AE0-713C467F4AD1.png

They should have dealt with it themselves that was the assumption when they disconnected from the literal rest of the continental US's grid

We are under no obligation to help them if they've opted out. They (the feds) are obligated to ensure our side of the grid runs well.

Texas is on it's fucking won.

These dumb fucks were talking about succession last week
1) they aren't disconnected
2) they attempt to, but they had to request a waiver of a Federal Reg....they can't just violate Federal laws
3) then the Biden admin should have simply relaxed the reg instead of making them buy off other grids causing rolling blackouts there

They should have dealt with it themselves that was the assumption when they disconnected from the literal rest of the continental US's grid

We are under no obligation to help them if they've opted out. They (the feds) are obligated to ensure our side of the grid runs well.

2) they attempt to, but they had to request a waiver of a Federal Reg....they can't just violate Federal laws
3) then the Biden admin should have simply relaxed the reg instead of making them buy off other grids causing rolling blackouts there

Yes they are disconnected in a regulatory sense and every other sense

You're confused about what Biden did

Biden is under no obligation to crash Oklahoma's grid for Texas

Fuck texas. What texans want they weren't going to get. Middle of a snowstorm yea your'e not going to destabilize the eastern grid

You can freeze you dumb fucks

"boo hoo biden didn't help us"

Do you retards think there wasn't a snow storm in the rest of the country?

That's the issue here.

It's not really PC to use the word "retard"....it in fact is quite offensive.

I winterize my stuff, but I don't live in Texas, I live in a place that often has cold winters

I don't disagree that is what caused the emergency, what I am highlighting is Biden's poor choice in trying to remedy the emergency.......

View attachment 460787

I'm very pro nuclear and pro emissions for profit

I put very little stock in our climate models.

I'm just an American nationalist who knows when it's time to cut dead weight, like texans and our power grid. Why would we weaken the eastern grid for you? Fuck you. Idiots need to learn your lesson anyway. People in the south dealing with snow, just another chapter in your incompetence.

That's the issue here.

It's not really PC to use the word "retard"....it in fact is quite offensive.

I winterize my stuff, but I don't live in Texas, I live in a place that often has cold winters

I don't disagree that is what caused the emergency, what I am highlighting is Biden's poor choice in trying to remedy the emergency.......

I'm an independent. I don't care about being political correct you fucking hill billy cock sucker

It was not biden's emergency. It was texas' emergency. Biden was responsible for the rest of the grid which he was a very good steward of

Again you OPTED OUT of that sort of management from the feds.

Why you would want to commodify* your grid after enron is beyond me. But here we are. Where you paid more for energy than you should have and didn't get your grid up to national standards. And now you pay the price for electing idiots. Everything texas got was 100% deserved

Bullshit. The gas pipes froze, the windmills froze, the water lines froze all because the governor did not winterize.
and the numerous Texas Govts before him. With that said, they needed more power....that is what this request was about, which the Biden admin destroyed
Wrong. They have never had weather like this and their grid was not a part of the national scheme. Texas did its own thing to avoid regulations, and this is the result.

I've lived here in south Texas for over 40 years and yes we have this kind of artic cold. Texas passed a law that allowed the energy producers to skate, they only recommended winterizing they didn't require it.

Though in the past you haven't seen this level of discomfort etc...I am curious if prior Federal Enviromental regs were waived, or I guess even existed to the level they do today

Actually, down here the hurricanes have been worse. I don't remember this many plants failing at the same time. The worst I remember was in 89. But there were a lot less people here and a lot less stress on the grid that winter.

I am sure!

Yep, different parts of the country all I have different needs....obviously unexpected things can come up, such as this, but the idea is managing it when a crisis happens.

The Biden Admin refusing to simply waive the Enviromental restrictions was a horrible choice, that really put a strain on the entire system

The DOE granted Texas permission the same day they made the request. Not only were they not able to fire up the extra capacity they needed, because of the cold, but also other plants failed because of the cold as well.

Trying to blame the DOE, the EPA or the new Administration is a red herring the Texas GOP wants to spread around because they are the ones responsible for the regulations that allowed all this to happen. They don't want to pay the political price for their miscalculation.
I didn't blame the EPA, I blamed the DOE, because they wouldn't relax the enviromental reg until all other means were used first....ie buying from other grids, which jacked up cost majorly.

Additioanlly, I don't blame the DOE for the cold weather....that's not their fault....but the Biden Admin dropped the ball, cost skyrocketed, and the pain and suffering grew

Texas simply doesn't have the transmission line ties to buy that much from other sources. Biden was not responsible for Texas not requiring energy producer to winterize. Lack of winterization was the cause of the rolling blackouts.
I don't disagree, but once the emergency started.....they could have helped.....but all the Biden admin did piss on their request.

By your logic if a wildfire in Cali starts in a California State Forest....the Feds shouldn't help, and the President should send no help.

It's obvious that seems to be the view of the current admin, and many posters here....at least as it pertains to States that didnt vote for them

How could they have helped start up the frozen power plants? It's not like they could fly a bunch of plane loads of heat to raise the temps!

Obviously pretending that Good old President Joe did this to Texas because they didn't vote for him is the phony talking point the neo-Republican's want the herd parroting.

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

No one owes them or their families anything; nor is it the local governments responsibility to support them during trying times like that! Sink or swim, it’s their choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes them NOTHING!

I am sure!

How could they have helped start up the frozen power plants? It's not like they could fly a bunch of plane loads of heat to raise the temps!

Obviously pretending that Good old President Joe did this to Texas because they didn't vote for him is the phony talking point the neo-Republican's want the herd parroting.

Oklahoma had to pump them as much power as they could manage becuase texan lives matters

Buahahaha

Of course they don't have a reason, they don't even realize the rest of the country went through teh same storms or worse and just about no one died and life went on.

Fuck texas. What texans want they weren't going to get. Middle of a snowstorm yea your'e not going to destabilize the eastern grid

Sorry, they still have to follow Federal Regulations from the DOE....in particular ones dealing with enviromental regulations......they are simply run by a different entity their own.

Not at all....read the Order

I agree....but his order caused rolling blackouts on other grids....bad order.

They didn't want to....in fact they request not to....but the Biden Admin's order made them do just that....there were large rolling blackouts in Arkansas for example

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

To let our power plant freeze, we don't need his permission.

Sorry, they still have to follow Federal Regulations from the DOE....in particular ones dealing with enviromental regulations......they are simply run by a different entity their own.

Not at all....read the Order

I agree....but his order caused rolling blackouts on other grids....bad order.

They didn't want to....in fact they request not to....but the Biden Admin's order made them do just that....there were large rolling blackouts in Arkansas for example

Did biden order the black outs or did they just happen because Texans were buying power at exorbitant rates?

Because their part of the grid should have been winterized and survived that storm just fine

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

No one owes them or their families anything; nor is it the local governments responsibility to support them during trying times like that! Sink or swim, it’s their choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes them NOTHING!
I am going to have to remember this the next time there is a wildfire in California, or NYC gets hit by a hurricane or a pandemic....for that matter when Portland is set a blaze by rioters, and shops are robbed, looted and the like

NOT the order....

View attachment 460781

I am going to have to remember this the next time there is a wildfire in California, or NYC gets hit by a hurricane or a pandemic....for that matter when Portland is set a blaze by rioters, and shops are robbed, looted and the like
Why would you do that against California or New York?

Forum List

Back