Best Whiskey you have drank?

As i got older I noticed a huge difference in the types of hang over, great bourbon and vodka don't give me one, like the cheap stuff

I haven't had a hangover in years so i can't tell you if this elixir is hangover friendly or not.

Drink a case of Budweiser.

No thanks. I don't drink pee!

When in rome, drink what the Romans drink.. speacily if it's free :)

Even when free, it's still pee!

You just rent it..

But I do admit I am changing my drinking habits away from beer and going to the good stuff

Brora-30-2009.jpg

Is now the best I have had. I was at the Spanish Grand Prix over the weekend and my host served this on race day. It was sublime...
We need a F1 section on this forum.
The best Scotch I've ever had is Lagavulin 16 year old from Islay.
At the distillery tour we were told how to properly drink scotch. The bartender gave us each an ounce of scotch and added 1/4 ounce of room temperature spring water. She said adding the water : "Released the dragon" and said drinking scotch 'neat' was too harsh on the palate.
That's now the only way I drink scotch.

Makers 46 as far as I can remember.
But than I've had a flight that had some top ends that may be better but I dont remember them.
I usually drink crown with a few cubes of ice.
NEVER put ice cubes in drinks when you want to have your taste buds pick up the flavor of the alcohol.
Ice cubes dull the taste buds.
Like eating food that's too hot/spicy or cold.

Brora-30-2009.jpg

Is now the best I have had. I was at the Spanish Grand Prix over the weekend and my host served this on race day. It was sublime...

As i got older I noticed a huge difference in the types of hang over, great bourbon and vodka don't give me one, like the cheap stuff

I haven't had a hangover in years so i can't tell you if this elixir is hangover friendly or not.

Sorry. I don't drink horse piss.
I actually saw a true blue raging alcoholic refuse a free six pack of Bud.

Brora-30-2009.jpg

We need a F1 section on this forum.
The best Scotch I've ever had is Lagavulin 16 year old from Islay.
At the distillery tour we were told how to properly drink scotch. The bartender gave us each an ounce of scotch and added 1/4 ounce of room temperature spring water. She said adding the water : "Released the dragon" and said drinking scotch 'neat' was too harsh on the palate.
That's now the only way I drink scotch.

True. When I lived in Kentucky, I had never had Bourbon before. They taught me the proper way to drink good Bourbon was with a splash of Rain Water.

But than I've had a flight that had some top ends that may be better but I dont remember them.
NEVER put ice cubes in drinks when you want to have your taste buds pick up the flavor of the alcohol.

When it's 98 in the shade I want it to be cool.

Then don't drink alcohol when you are hot. Alcohol dehydrates you.
Drink fruit based drinks with no sugar and put as much ice in the drink as you want to.
Buy a fucking sodastream. Hydrate yourself!
Here is nothing more stupid than drinking alcohol and getting a buzz on when its 98 degrees.
In an hour who is having any fun???????????
Like no one.
This thread is about the best whisky and by extension how the 'locals in Islay', for instance, enjoy it to the fullest.
It's not about a fat slob laying in a fucking oven and pouring frozen alcohol down his throat.

Drink fruit based drinks with no sugar and put as much ice in the drink as you want to.
Here is nothing more stupid than drinking alcohol and getting a buzz on when its 98 degrees.
Like no one.
This thread is about the best whisky and by extension how the 'locals in Islay', for instance, enjoy it to the fullest.
It's not about a fat slob laying in a fucking oven and pouring frozen alcohol down his throat.

You drink it your way I'll drink it mine.

Some of my favorites

Woodford
Makers 46
Evan Williams Single Barrel

You just rent it..

But I do admit I am changing my drinking habits away from beer and going to the good stuff
Can't beat a good German dark beer

You just rent it..

Can't beat a good German dark beer

Yeah, you can, with a good Kiwi dark beer!

Like no one.
The bars I visit have air conditioning and bartenders are my best friends lol

Forum List

Back