Best weapon for classroom defense?

PS

"minimal ethical standard"

Right so now being either a police officer or a combat warrior is part of also being a kindergarten teacher. All for 50K a year.

Are you high?
Perhaps it's time to ask you teachers what you believe your responsibility is regarding school safety. So far all you've done is complain about the ideas of others in this regard.

'Most' are unwilling to do what it takes.

You are damn right. I am not carrying a gun into school so I can protect your ability to keep a gun. Because I know--and so do almost all my teacher colleagues--that the second any little thing goes wrong, we get the blame again. And I am a gun owner.

Don't like it? Well, my fellow conservatives did not learn their lesson from the Left decimating the police. You decimated the teaching profession and now have a big ask for us. Our answer? No.

Perhaps it's time to ask you teachers what you believe your responsibility is regarding school safety. So far all you've done is complain about the ideas of others in this regard.

That is going to be your problem, you and all the rest of society, when there are fewer and fewer teachers come this fall--and beyond.

See: the crime crisis in police officers, but in schools because no one will teach.

You are damn right. I am not carrying a gun into school so I can protect your ability to keep a gun. Because I know--and so do almost all my teacher colleagues--that the second any little thing goes wrong, we get the blame again. And I am a gun owner.

Don't like it? Well, my fellow conservatives did not learn their lesson from the Left decimating the police. You decimated the teaching profession and now have a big ask for us. Our answer? No.
I don't think you understand what you're responding to. Excluding anything suggested that teachers do to protect students, people in general are unwilling to make society safer for themselves. Lawmakers refuse to make effective laws, and if they do the courts strike them down, or the system refuses to enforce them. In short, we have condemned ourselves to ongoing crime and violence. And, I believe the educational system also has its hands dirty in this regard.

Okay then you just don't trust us. We get it; we have fully absorbed the message. Believe me. Too late now. We won't arm.
You have proven that you won't protect our kids while they are in your care. Not only are their minds at risk under your tutelage but now their lives are as well.

I don't think you understand what you're responding to. Excluding anything suggested that teachers do to protect students, people in general are unwilling to make society safer for themselves. Lawmakers refuse to make effective laws, and if they do the courts strike them down, or the system refuses to enforce them. In short, we have condemned ourselves to ongoing crime and violence. And, I believe the educational system also has its hands dirty in this regard.

I understand all of that and do not deny it. None of this means I am willing to carry a gun--or even have one--in my classroom so I can take on the liability for our rotten and corrupt society.

The police understand that they're no longer trusted and they have basically stopped policing.

Teachers KNOW and ACCEPT that we are not trusted and you expect us to take on policing?

You have proven that you won't protect our kids while they are in your care. Not only are their minds at risk under your tutelage but now their lives are as well.

Cry about it. And then go find and hire all those teachers you imagine are just waiting in the wings who will conceal carry while in the classroom. Do it nut

That is going to be your problem, you and all the rest of society, when there are fewer and fewer teachers come this fall--and beyond.

See: the crime crisis in police officers, but in schools because no one will teach.
Why would there be fewer teachers come fall?

Cry about this too. 76% of teachers IN TEXAS, one week after the Uvalde tragedy, DO NOT WANT TO BE ARMED.

Maybe you could ask yourself why, instead of blaming us more? But either way we don't really care. We just won't do it. Clearly.

Cry about it. And then go find and hire all those teachers you imagine are just waiting in the wings who will conceal carry while in the classroom. Do it nut
We've established that you aren't going to protect our kids. Let's move on.

"what it takes" seems to be an emotional opinion.

Since Sandy Hook I have reconciled myself with the fact that I might someday take a bullet for my students. In no way does this phase me. I would rather die than have a gun and accidentally maim or kill one of them. I would rather die than have a gun, attempt to use it in a situation fraught with danger, and then be questioned by my own community and possibly sued.

This is all just so ridiculous.

We've established that you aren't going to protect our kids. Let's move on.

Congrats. You're the reason young people aren't even going into teaching anymore.

You're the reason I tell them--to my own great heartbreak--not to do it. Even though teaching has been my life's joy.

Congrats. You're the reason young people aren't even going into teaching anymore.

You're the reason I tell them--to my own great heartbreak--not to do it. Even though teaching has been my life's joy.
Let's move on to how you are preparing our kids for life outside of school. From what I see you're not doing a very good job, having completely destroyed the work ethic.

Why would there be fewer teachers come fall?

Every work day, every one, I teach six classes. 5th grade, kindergarten, 4th. Then lunch, then 3rd, 1st, 2nd. Classes are 45 minutes long. Every day, 150 children, ages 4-11.

You could not do my job for three days put together. Not three put together.

On top of teaching 150 children DAILY, sure, just tote a gun along. No big deal, that's nothing. If you don't think you can do it, on top of teaching kids and chasing special ed kids around the building because they "elope" and stuff, you just don't care about kids enough. See?

Since Sandy Hook I have reconciled myself with the fact that I might someday take a bullet for my students. In no way does this phase me. I would rather die than have a gun and accidentally maim or kill one of them. I would rather die than have a gun, attempt to use it in a situation fraught with danger, and then be questioned by my own community and possibly sued.

This is all just so ridiculous.
We get it. You are excused from defending your students.

Forum List

Back