Best Russian songs

Thank you, Baron, it's very nice of you to promote Russian culture.

Would you be interested to know that Russian folk song "Khazbulat" (which was written several ages ago) sounds very similar to American anthem? I'm posting a video where you can listen to both of them and to make up your own mind.

Full version of "Khazbulat":

Last edited:
I have a topic on the forum (Russian) where we discussed our songs in terms of fame abroad: D What's interesting is that what we listen to ourselves usually does not radically coincide with what is heard abroad.

It's not interesting to throw everything out here, so I'll sometimes add a little video :)

I'll start from the end, from the last things that my acquaintances shared.

Another classic, which almost does not sing in Russia, but which is widely known abroad. Polushko-pole. It is performed by Belgian singer Helmut Lotti.

The name of song from Russian is untranslatable directly, because it is a play of shades of synthetic language. Both words denote a "field", but the first with a diminutive, affectionate hue, and repetition in such a combination means a close, friendly attitude to the subject :)

Another classic, which almost does not sing in Russia, but which is widely known abroad. Polushko-pole. It is performed by Belgian singer Helmut Lotti.

The name of song from Russian is untranslatable directly, because it is a play of shades of synthetic language. Both words denote a "field", but the first with a diminutive, affectionate hue, and repetition in such a combination means a close, friendly attitude to the subject :)

Isn't he singing "Katusha"?

Heck. It turns out, and from these topics, about which I say, already a lot of songs have been deleted. Some gray rectangles :-/ YouTube very aggressively removes the video. We must all go into some distributed decentralized system :)

By the way, and the theme is about the historical Russian motifs or you can share contemporary Russian musical creativity? :D

For example, I liked this composition of the group of Pavel Plamenev. It is called "The sky of Spain".

What the hell you all remember? :) Let me introduce the current anthem of... how they wrote... of Putin's Troll School near the St. Petersburg...

What the hell you all remember? :) Let me introduce the current anthem of... how they wrote... of Putin's Troll School near the St. Petersburg...

In my opinion, this is the case when the text, although superficial, is more important than the video sequence. And still here you need to know a lot of subtleties associated with the Russian show business. For example, there is a friend who misses a mouthful of vodka past his mouth. This is Kerzhakov. Footballer, whose misses on the ball in Russia became a meme :) In a word, it's a complicated and incomprehensible for a foreigner clip :)

The "Leningrad" band has many other great clips, the essence of which is clear without words or with a minimal explanation :) Now I'm writing from the phone, but tomorrow I'll try to share what I think, maybe it's interesting abroad :)

Sent from my LG-H990 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Well, here, to attract attention, as promised, the song of the "Leningrad" band under the title "Prayer song" :)

The text is very simple. First there is some primitive amateur performance "Buratino" (this is the Russian Pinocchio). Buratino says that he knows what to do - he will sell the soul to the devil. And the soloist of the band appears with a song about how she prayed to God and asked for various blessings from him, but received nothing and is surprised at the rough form, whether God is deaf or whether he does not care about what's happening on earth :)

And in order to compensate for the possibly hurt feelings of believers, I will add another record, already from my archive. This is a song of Russian monks in the Ipatiev Monastery, which I recorded in 2007. Unfortunately, my camera of that time does not convey all the richness of the sound, but still sounds good :)

In the video you can see how Donbass looks after non-stop shelling of Ukrainian Army.
I think after this comment it would be fair to show why Donbass looks as this video shows.

Russian-backed terrorists shell from residential quarters. The city of Shachtarsk, Kirov’s square.

In the video you can see how Donbass looks after non-stop shelling of Ukrainian Army.
I think after this comment it would be fair to show why Donbass looks as this video shows.

Russian-backed terrorists shell from residential quarters. The city of Shachtarsk, Kirov’s square.

And what do usually people do when an enemy is at the gates?

"Russian backed terrorists" = Donbass rebels have to defend their civilians and their area somehow. It's not their fault that Ukrainian Army keeps shelling their residential areas. And it was not Donbass rebels who came to Kiev, it was official Kiev who sent its troops to kill their own civilians who dared to reject Kiev junta. Just reminding you.

Forum List

Back