Best Places To Move

Lucky99

Rookie
Apr 10, 2021
Advice request please.

Otherwise prefer big cities and I will miss it but they are becoming too Mad Max for my tastes. Criminals are protected. Victims are ignored or prosecuted. Parasites are eating all the good parts.

Anti-woke, Pro-2A. Happy around anybody with even a conservative lean. America First. Zero chance I vote liberal.

Any cities or towns to recommend to flee to if I did move? Thank you.

Advice request please.

Otherwise prefer big cities and I will miss it but they are becoming too Mad Max for my tastes. Criminals are protected. Victims are ignored or prosecuted. Parasites are eating all the good parts.

Anti-woke, Pro-2A. Happy around anybody with even a conservative lean. America First. Zero chance I vote liberal.

Ponte Vedra Florida..No state taxes...fair sales tax...and the Governor who looks out for you.

'Stand your ground' in Florida could be expanded under DeSantis' 'anti-mob' proposal (nbcnews.com)
The move is part of DeSantis' "anti-mob" draft legislation, which would target people accused of illegal acts during riots and looting. DeSantis, a Republican, presented his aggressive agenda in response to the months of large-scale racial justice protests across the country, which at times flared into violent clashes.
"His proposal will only fuel racial unrest and violence, not dampen it," said state Sen. Randolph Bracy, a Democrat whose district includes parts of Orange County. "DeSantis is treating the law as a playbook for his next election, which is reckless and irresponsible."
If the Democrats hate it, it must be good for the citizens.

Inked20210401_165622[1265]_LI.jpg

While people are fleeing leftist shit holes they seem to always bring their politics with them that caused them to flee in the first place.
Therefore I say stay where you are and fight for your rights.
At the run up of the last election, the St John's County Republican club, were getting many new members, a lot from New York. They were tired of the lies that the Progressive elites were giving them, and decided that it was better to leave that shit party....

While people are fleeing leftist shit holes they seem to always bring their politics with them that caused them to flee in the first place.
At the run up of the last election, the St John's County Republican club, were getting many new members, a lot from New York. They were tired of the lies that the Progressive elites were giving them, and decided that it was better to leave that shit party....
I bet they bring their political views the same ones they supported and could not stand after they got it.

Here's the thing: The biggest single factor (other than a JOB) that induces people to move from one state to another is the CLIMATE. Politics might be a factor for some, but people who are PERSONALLY DISADVANTAGED by political shit like taxes are very few. And the fact is that the states with the most ridiculous state income taxes just happen to be the states where the wages are highest for middle-class people, so they actually offset one another. In sum, no harm done.

Florida is nice. While it is God-awful hot and humid in the Summertime, the locals have pretty much learned to live with it, and the weather is generally fantastic in the other three seasons. Also, it is fairly easy to find friendly communities where the cost of living is reasonable and personal services are abundant.

California continues to have "oases" of sanity despite its overall reputation for high taxes, urban problems, and a stratospheric cost of living. Check out the little cities mid-state with populations around 50,000.

Colorado, Oregon, North Carolina (I prefer WESTERN NC for the mountains), Virginia - away from D.C.

Lots of great places to live.

This has nothing to do with my original post and I don’t live in a shithole. The legitimately good aspects are being destroyed by current politics. Maybe you you are angry and need to vent.

Advice request please.

Ponte Vedra Florida..No state taxes...fair sales tax...and the Governor who looks out for you.

'Stand your ground' in Florida could be expanded under DeSantis' 'anti-mob' proposal (nbcnews.com)
The move is part of DeSantis' "anti-mob" draft legislation, which would target people accused of illegal acts during riots and looting. DeSantis, a Republican, presented his aggressive agenda in response to the months of large-scale racial justice protests across the country, which at times flared into violent clashes.
"His proposal will only fuel racial unrest and violence, not dampen it," said state Sen. Randolph Bracy, a Democrat whose district includes parts of Orange County. "DeSantis is treating the law as a playbook for his next election, which is reckless and irresponsible."
If the Democrats hate it, it must be good for the citizens.

View attachment 478361
Thank you very much. It helps. The pic...lol.

Advice request please.

I moved away from the suburbs in 2001 and move to a recreational area by the Elk River and close to Grand lake and Beaver Lake by Noel Mo. It has it's problems mostly with meth but who doesn't? Property taxes are low and the people are not exactly friendly but they are not aggressive and violent.

Advice request please.

What would you miss from the city you are living in now? What can't you live without?

For me, I need access to French feta, Greek brandy, real olive oil and a real bakery. Not some BS bakery in a grocery store.
I want access to poppy seed rolls and fresh baked bread.

I need a real grocery store and maybe a real butcher. I want to be nearby stuff if I can't be right in the mix. I might need a bar that has bands and seafood. I definitely need a theater to watch plays. I also would need some place like Second City.

It's a series of trade offs.

So, what do you need to be happy?

Last edited:
Advice request please.

What would you miss from the city you are living in now? What can't you live without?

For me, I need access to French feta, Greek brandy, real olive oil and a real bakery. Not some BS bakery in a grocery store.

I need a real grocery store and maybe a real butcher. I want to be nearby stuff if I can't be right in the mix. I might need a bar that has bands and seafood. I definitely need a theater to watch plays. I also would need some place like Second City.

Really thoughtful post. Which is rare (me included) on these crazy interwebs. The internal battle with conservatives in cities is the loss of the incredible amenities and convenience vs the decline accelerating within them. People comfortable in a country environment are fortunate since they don’t have the same conflict. The symbiosis that worked before in big cities, I fear, is gone for now. Also cities are far less free from fascist rules. I am trying to plan ahead. Contingency plan.

Advice request please.

Really thoughtful post. Which is rare (me included) on these crazy interwebs. The internal battle with conservatives in cities is the loss of the incredible amenities and convenience vs the decline accelerating within them. People comfortable in a country environment are fortunate since they don’t have the same conflict. The symbiosis that worked before in big cities, I fear, is gone for now. Also cities are far less free from fascist rules. I am trying to plan ahead. Contingency plan.
Thank you.

I understand. That's why you have to plot. I have moved a lot. I moved from a 2 x 4 island that I lived on for almost a decade to Chicago. I have moved again since then. I now live in a city with about 30,000 people in it. I travel an hour to the best liquor store or to get real olive oil and feta and there are no real bakeries like the one that I showed you. I can't find a decent IPA locally. I can get better quality groceries about 40 minutes away. If you need wifi then you have to make sure that the area has it. It's not as easy if you are coming from a major city as people think. There are trade-offs. The key is to know what you absolutely can't do without.

I could mention a few (very few) states that reportedly are still quite nice, almost as things were in the peaceful 1950s.

But I shan't!

I do not want to jinx them.

The less their names are mentioned, the more people in other parts of this country will not think of them.

Right now, I assume people in those few states are living happy lives.

I want that to continue for as long as possible!

Advice request please.

Thank you.

I understand. That's why you have to plot. I have moved a lot. I moved from a 2 x 4 island that I lived on for almost a decade to Chicago. I have moved again since then. I now live in a city with about 30,000 people in it. I travel an hour to the best liquor store or to get real olive oil and feta and there are no real bakeries like the one that I showed you. I can't find a decent IPA locally. I can get better quality groceries about 40 minutes away. If you need wifi then you have to make sure that the area has it. It's not as easy if you are coming from a major city as people think. There are trade-offs. The key is to know what you absolutely can't do without.

The Calumet bread experience sounds hard to do without. Something to be said about hundreds of small restaurants, theater, etc., but not worth it when cities disregard safety and freedom and vibe Bolshevik. Hence good locations for conservatives appreciated. Making a list now, then checking it twice. Thanks all.

City data forums capture how residents feel about their location. A little weak on posts but not bad. It’s not like some hidden secret where conservatives are (shhhh!). You can’t build a moat and hide in paranoia. The data is endless. The distinction is each forum (like this) gives a unique perspective and that is really valuable. Their are thousands of conservatives in liberal states that will stay conservative if they move, obviously. The liberals fleeing are a nightmare but that is not the context of the original post.

Advice request please.

Phoenix is still pretty damn safe and affordable and has a huge police presence and very few blacks
It is very hot

Forum List

Back